Where is Everyone?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Where is Everyone?

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, sorry Escapay! Then I won't speak for you like that.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I won't lie, it does seem a little more quieter even over the past month. I was locked out of my account for a week or so, but thanks to Sotiris and Luke, that was fixed, but it doesn't seem like I've missed too much since.

It's unfortunate, but I do understand. Besides the glitches on this site, message boards are somewhat a thing of the past. People seem to prefer to discuss their fandoms on social media or Reddit instead. I'm still pro-forum, even if I've always been more of a lurker on here, but it is notable.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Avaitor wrote:
It's unfortunate, but I do understand. Besides the glitches on this site, message boards are somewhat a thing of the past. People seem to prefer to discuss their fandoms on social media or Reddit instead. I'm still pro-forum, even if I've always been more of a lurker on here, but it is notable.
Unfortunately that's true. For some reason people prefer other platforms but the way I experienced them I feel like nothing can truly replace message boards. Twitter and Tumblr don't feel very inviting to conversations, like someone is making a tweet or a post and I don't feel very comfortable commenting cause I feel like I'm invading their space. Twitter especially cause there is a limit to the amount of characters one can write. Moreover, nowadays it feels like there's more of "hear what I have to say" instead of "I'm interested in what others have to say". I kind of blame twitter for the way discussion devolved overtime.

With Facebook and Reddit I feel like it's mostly superficial fluff, memes or whatever and not really discussion oriented, posts get buried and instead of having one post about a topic, everyone start their own post and it's a mess.

I especially think it's hard with Disney because of the age group and how there are people who like it enough to participate but not enough to invest in it so it's very shallow as I see it.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I just don't know what would replace the forum experience. You know, we all have similar interests and can discuss Disney until the cows come home. Actual conversations (online, but still). Where else can you experience that?!