DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:16 am 
Platinum Edition

Happy Thanksgiving! (FYI, the Verizon YouTube channel has been streaming the Macy's Parade!) My turkey was not fully thawed, so my fingers and toes are crossed!! How's your cooking going, UF?!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:41 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Happy Thanksgiving!

As anticipated, my test came out as negative, and I'm chilling in Florida now. I put the turkey in the oven 45 minutes ago while my mom is working, so we'll probably have dinner around 5.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:07 pm 
Platinum Edition

:pink: Avaitor, that's wonderful news!!! Enjoy your day, enjoy your turkey!!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:04 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Woke up in the middle of the night to have a plate of Thanksgiving leftovers. Now I’m truly stuffed! Ended up having to cook almost all of the meal myself— the day before Thanksgiving, my sister was hospitalized with Mono and my mom had to be her only visitor. They thought she’d had to stay for 2+ days, but thankfully they released her at about 2pm on Thanksgiving. She was able to talk and eat— two things which had been too painful for her to do just the day before. A Thanksgiving miracle! She has to take antibiotics and probiotics so hopefully she really is on the mend now and won’t be in too much pain anymore.

I’m glad your test came back negative, Avaitor. And I hope your turkey turned out, Amy! I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving like my family did.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:47 am 
Platinum Edition

Your poor sister. :( I'm glad she's doing better, I hope the medicine helps her, and I really hope she gets well really soon! Yes, the turkey came out perfectly. We had a good Turkey Day for sure. I'm glad you did too :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:58 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well, my aunt has covid. She tested positive on Monday and had had Thanksgiving dinner with my grandparents on Saturday. So that’s wonderful.

The city where I live was listed in the New York Times this week as one of the worst places for Covid in the US. Two refrigerated morgue trucks came to two hospitals here this week as the hospital morgues reached capacity. Things are going great!

This is unrelated to Covid, but two weeks ago someone I went to high school with passed away. He was only 25 (same age as me). He died of a heart attack (I remember his father died of heart attack when I was in 5th or 6th grade) and he struggled with weight issues. He was a nice guy, and I’m pretty sure he was gay based on the things he liked and retweeted on Twitter. So very sad.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:46 pm 
Platinum Edition

All of that sucks, UF. I'm so sorry. :( :( Is your aunt having bad symptoms? Your grandparents will get tested? I sure hope your aunt is able to make a quick recovery, and hopefully your grandparents don't get it. It's awful and I really am sorry.

I know you're already being safe, but please stay safe!! <3 And that's sad about your classmate; it's sad at any age, but he was young. :( :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:12 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Apparently, she thought she had a bad case of the flu and got tested on Monday. I guess she only got her results back today or yesterday. She’s feeling better now, but I’ve heard Covid comes in waves. Of course I hope she gets better, but I am so angry she and the rest of that part of the family chose to have Thanksgiving together. And her daughter, my cousin, attended that Thanksgiving from out of town and she is a nurse!!!!

My grandparents said they won’t get tested unless they experience symptoms. I’m fine with that as long as they aren’t around other people— I could totally see them having my Great Uncle over, for instance, and that would be very bad. I’m going to give them a call tomorrow to talk to them about all this. My mom told them today we weren’t going to Christmas.

I am trying to stay safe! At my job, I’m beginning to feel a bit like a sacrificial lamb, though, to be honest, since I work with children and the school system. The county schools have all gone back to virtual but the city schools I work with are still in-person 4 days a week. I need the money and my car broke down on me this week, too (it’s always a little rickety and I think I know what the problem is and it won’t be too expensive and with my mom working from home I have a car to drive so it’s the least of my worries right now haha). It’s just getting so bad here. I always wear my mask (I used to be bad about briefly removing my mask to be heard better when giving instruction... but um, not anymore) and these past few days I’ve been liberally using hand sanitizer.

About the guy who died, I feel so bad for his family. I knew his sister and his grandmother because she worked at our high school and she (the grandmother) passed away a year or two ago. It’s so sad to me because he had pretty severe weight issues and I’ve struggled with weight my whole life (not in a mean way, but I used to think “I may be big but I’m not as big as him”). And then I think he was gay, and most likely closeted from his family. It’s just... he didn’t have a chance to live a whole life??! I’ve been thinking about him these past few weeks... it’s so sad and awful that he’s gone.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:47 pm 
Platinum Edition

My prayers for your aunt and grandparents. :(

Utada Hikaru ~ "Simple and Clean"
Ariana Grande ~ "test drive"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:42 am 
Platinum Edition

That is all so sad, Brelly. I will pray for your aunt, grandparents, and you and your family. I really hope your aunt and grandparents don't have covid. I should pray for the soul of that guy from your high school, too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:49 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Thank you guys. I do appreciate it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:57 pm 
Gold Collection

Long time no see, Disney friends!

I have been really busy trying to do my best to take care of my family while my grandfather has been in the hospital for a hip replacement. It's been a hard couple of months!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:48 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hey Jamie! Is your grandfather still in the hospital? I know a hip replacement can take a long time to recover from.

An update on me and my family: my aunt has been doing better since this weekend. My grandparents tested negative! :D But my Dad left work early today because he felt ill and is going to get tested for covid.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:28 pm 
Platinum Edition

Hi Jamie!! I wish your grandfather well- such a scary time to be in the hospital. I'm glad that he has you and your family to help him out!!

I'm so glad your aunt's doing better, UF! And that's awesome that your grandparents tested negative- I hope they remain that way!! I hope your dad doesn't have Covid. :( I hope he feels better soon, I hope you stay healthy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:42 am 
Platinum Edition

That is very kind of you to help your family Jamie! I hope you don't get overwhelmed and that your grandfather returns to full health soon!

Brelly, I am glad to hear about your aunt and grandparents! I'll say a prayer in hopes your dad doesn't have covid.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:44 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Good news! Both my Dad’s rapid and regular test came back negative for Covid. :D It’s all still scary because Tennessee is really bad for covid, particularly the area I live in. Just hoping my immediate family and my grandparents stay negative for the virus. On the bright side— there is currently a 40% chance we’ll have a white Christmas here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:17 am 
Platinum Edition

^ :pink: :pink: That is awesome!!! For the most part, is your family able to keep their distance from others?!

I hope you get that White Christmas (in a small dose, not like the Nor'easter in New England right now...I hope my family stays safe!)!! :)

My husband had a Covid test recently and was negative, thank goodness. The times we live in, huh? Is it allergies/cold/flu/Covid?!? #anxiety

*edit 2 minutes later*
Look what I found in an email newsletter:
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-55308211
Yes, let's remain calm and not freak out... :biting:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:35 pm 
Platinum Edition

My husband will be going to his parents' house for Christmas because his grandmother from out-of-state is coming. I don't think he took it seriously when I said he should quarantine afterwards. He said that all of his family has had coronavirus (which is news to me; I was told 2 of them had it; and even if they've all had it, people can get it more than once...). I feel so uncomfortable with it, and there's absolutely nothing I can do except wear a mask at home... Just like in the summer when his kids and his mom came over...his mom was staying with relatives then staying with us...I hate that I can't do anything about it. It's my house and my health, too. I thought we had gotten over this hump. :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:30 am 
Platinum Edition

Your husband is being an inconsiderate jerk or just being dumb. I feel really bad that you have to deal with his bullshit and that he's risking your health in your own house. I will pray he and you don't get covid.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:27 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Amy, I’m sorry to hear about your predicament. I know it’s stressful to disagree with your partner over something as important as this. You’re totally in the right, though. I just don’t understand why people are so unwilling to make sacrifices now for the promise of a better tomorrow. I’ve had arguments with my own family, too. Sending you a virtual hug!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next