DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:35 am 
Platinum Edition

Thanks you guys- I appreciate it :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:06 pm 
Platinum Edition

Just in case anyone else has been wondering; my dad sent me this article:
Why disinfectant wipes aren't returning as fast as toilet paper
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/24/why-dis ... paper.html

Doesn't really explain the lack of disinfectant spray but it is some explanation...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:42 pm 
Platinum Edition

That's good to learn about, bc85. I've always used a great deal of Lysol even before the pandemic; I think having a cat at one time is what made me more obsessed about spraying counters and killing germs.

Dolly Parton, Jordin Sparks, Sara Evans, Monica, Rita Wilson ~ "Pink"
Sara Evans ~ "Anywhere"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

^ Right?! People like us have always bought disinfectants, so it's totally strange to not be able to buy them to stay clean!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:33 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

It's been rough, but we're hanging in there. Luckily I can continue to earn a bit of money at home to supplement our income, and Rey's been able to keep his job. He alternates between working from home and physically going in. LittleDude has been diagnosed with autism, and his in-home daily therapies have had to be swapped out for for extremely difficult telehealth video conferences. He finished kindergarten through distance learning, and is beginning first grade the same way starting next week.

We lost an aunt to COVID. :cry: She had been living with her mother (Rey's grandmother) as sort of her caretaker, so she unfortunately tested positive as well. Thankfully, she did not experience any symptoms and has since tested negative. But damn ... the entire world's gone to hell and it's heart-wrenching. We felt so helpless just waiting on news over the both of them, unable to visit or do anything at all to help. So his grandma currently lives alone and is leaving the family worried, as she's really in no shape to take care of herself. She also insists she doesn't want to move out of her current home (we even invited her to move in with us, regardless of our lack of space). And as for our aunt ... she was on the front lines, working for a medical clinic in LA. Her boss passed away from COVID just before she did, and from what I've been told, all her coworkers tested positive as well (I don't know the current status on any of them). When his aunt found out she tested positive, she became so hysterical with worry over wondering who was going to take care of her mother that the nurses had to give her a tranquilizer. And in the end, she ended up unconscious on a respirator. I think about what's happened to our family, then I see entitled people first-hand trying to refuse wearing masks in places like the pharmacy (in this area they are legally required inside all places of business), and it's just ... unfathomable, I guess? Because some believe their "right to not wear masks" outranks the lives of innocent people and that making political statements are somehow more important than everyone's health.

Sigh. Sorry for the rant.

Rey wound up in the hospital recently over something rather serious (thankfully not in any way related to COVID), but because of the virus absolutely no visitors were allowed, and due to phone issues we were barely able to keep in touch throughout his stay. My mother-in-law visited here for a few days to offer some support while helping out with LittleDude, and thankfully Rey's been home for a while now and is mostly recovered.

As for myself? I'm just ... exhausted, I guess. Some of you may recall me mentioning that I was diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder, OCD, and depression a while back (fun combo, eh?) and although the meds they gave me were an immense help at first, the effect waned and I kind of became worse than ever. I juggled with that for a few years while kind of losing contact with everyone. Nothing personal, I've just been so overwhelmed and have barely had the mental energy to get myself through each day. I'm not trying to start a pity-party or anything, but that's just the direction things have gone for me.

But I made a realization a couple years ago while reading about ADHD that felt overly-familiar, and took note that the symptoms really had nothing to do with what the average person seems to believe when it comes the disorder. So I made an appointment with my GP just for the purpose of getting a neurologist referral that would be covered under my insurance. And god, did I ever open up a can of worms with that one..

My GP basically laughed in my face because there was absolutely no way, in her opinion, that I could have ADHD. It didn't matter what I'd been reading or what I had learned about it, she simply told me something along the lines of, "sometimes we read about something on the internet and somehow think we have it ourselves, and maybe it makes us feel misleadingly validated." So she basically told me I was being a stupid, delusional hypochondriac, and didn't even bother with the referral I was there for! So I spent about a year feeling incredibly unheard and uncertain, going from doctor to doctor, trying to advocate for my own health. I actually didn't get a proper diagnosis until we changed insurance companies entirely and had a whole new set of doctors to work with.

So it turns out my extreme anxieties and OCD tendencies all stemmed from a lifetime of pushing myself through undiagnosed ADHD. It has made both my personal and professional lives impossibly difficult to manage. I've also been diagnosed with RSD, which explains why I have such a hard time staying in touch with my friends over time (again, it's nothing personal to anyone out there, these issues are all in my head for me to deal with) and why I've been so insanely overly-sensitive for all my life.

Anyway, I sort of feel like I'm functioning like a regular human these days, lol. I've finally got a shop going on etsy, and have been reworking sad, abandoned jewelry boxes and the like in order to give them new life for Disney fans (wink wink nudge nudge, lol). Most of my artwork is digital so it's been pretty satisfying to create tangible pieces for a change.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I guess it's been a while and I had a lot to spew out.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:59 am 
Platinum Edition

Hey Elladorine! I am so sorry to hear about your aunt-in-law! That's terrible! And how sad the way she was worrying about her mother before. And your poor grandmother-in-law. I hope she'll be ok on her own. I'll say a prayer. I am sorry your son has autism. I am on the autistic spectrum myself, but high-functioning. I don't know where your little guy is on the spectrum, but it's great he finished kindergarten!

Also, how sad about your husband being in the hospital and you not getting to visit and not being able to talk to him too often!

I am glad you are ok though! But you've been through hell! Your doctor that laughed at you was a bitch and thank God you got doctors that finally listened to you and diagnosed you correctly. So sorry you had to deal with this without knowing what was wrong all through your life. And I have depression, too. It really sucks. I'm glad finally you feel more good than you have in awhile.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:35 am 
Platinum Edition

Elladorine!!!!! Hi!

I'm really glad that the two of you are still working- that's great! It must be super-hard with TeleHealth and virtual school. But your son graduating kindergarten is a big deal, so congrats to you both!! Wow, I am so sorry about your husband's aunt- that's so sad. With the virus, it's probably hard to hire a home health aide for his grandma, huh? That's such a tough position for your family to be in, but at least she doesn't have Covid, so that's a big relief I bet.

I hope your husband continues to recover. It's such a scary time for anyone going to the hospital.

I am incredibly proud of you for standing your ground and getting the help you needed. I'm so sorry for doctors not taking your issues seriously. I know what that's like and no one should be treated like that. Yay for feeling a lot better!! <3

I've been on your main website before, with the links to your various shops; hopefully your Etsy shop is there!! I have a lot of your shirts - I've always loved your artwork. Speaking of, yeeears ago I sent you a pm here that I was at Hot Topic and they had a Bobby Leaning Tower of Cheeza shirt, and I was like um, did they steal your design?! I didn't know if you'd seen that...

It's so good to have you post here- you've been missed!! Take care <3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:02 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Oh my goodness, Elladorine (may I still call you enigmawing? That’s who you are in my head), so much stress, with your husband’s health and your own. Your poor aunt— her story is so sad and scary. I know times are so... bleak, right now.

I started medication for depression and anxiety a few weeks ago for the first time— I don’t know how much it’s helping. The medication plummeted my libido, but it’s back and that’s good. Also, I used to dread the end of the day.. literally I’d get more depressed as the hours went by, but now I can enjoy the evening so that’s nice. I’ve also been reading r/Christmas to cheer myself up a little bit, and planning out my Christmas tree for this year— but even that can be sad because people are realizing how different Christmas will be this year compared to years past. But I’ve also been baking— I made some homemade pretzels a few days ago and I’m so proud of them, they were simple and really fun to make and they tasted delicious.

I got a call back from a job yesterday and I was hired! I’ll be picking up some forms today and we’ll see where I go from there. I’m excited to get out of the house again, even if the world will be very different, and I’m excited to make some money. I think I will like the job, too.

Something scary, my grandmother was hospitalized earlier this week. She had a heart attack. I’ve spoken to her and messaged her this week. Today we’ll find out if the doctors recommend surgery— if they do, I don’t think she will have it. My Dad is stressed out about getting time off from my work to visit her, especially with all the rules about time off and traveling at his work and then the hospital rules— I think my grandmother is only allowed two visitors per day, and they can’t visit at the same time, either. It’s so messy and sad and frustrating. I keep thinking that now would be such an awful time to die, because so many people are dying alone, and nobody deserves that.

God, this year sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:09 am 
Platinum Edition

UmbrellaFish, I am so sorry you have depression and anxiety. I am sorry about what your medicine did to you at first, and thank God you got your libido back! I'm also glad you look forward to evenings again. When I got hit with depression, I actually looked forward to sleeping more than anything, so I guess we kind of felt the opposite, though sometimes I dreaded what my mind would do alone, so I did dread sleeping sometimes as well. Now, I actually love evenings, nights, and sleep! Hopefully you keep loving all day, instead of just the mornings and afternoons. I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother! Oh, that is terrible! What you said about people dying alone is rather right, and sad. But we all have to go sometime. I believe we go to a better place. It's ok if you don't, in any case, we rest in painless peace. I am so glad you got a job! And that you think you will like it! I hope it goes really great for you, and you make enough moolah to live on your own, if that's what you're after.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:23 am 
Collector's Edition

Hi, Elladorine

I'am sorry about your Husband's Aunt, and I hope his Grandmother copes. Your Husband's hospital stay must have been awfully worrying but it's great that he's home now. Your Son's Autism is likely challenging but his completion of kindergarten is cause for hope :star:

Your GP was very unprofessional to laugh at you. You know your mind. It's great that you've got on top of your mental health issues. All the best :)

Hi, UmbrellaFish

I hope that your Grandmother pulls through and that your mental health continues to improve. Congratulations on the job. Wishing you well :yinyang:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:52 am 
Platinum Edition

UF, I know with anxiety/depression medication, it can take time for your body to get used to it, for it to work. And it can make you feel really weird. I had tried twice to be on medicine for my anxiety, and I quit both times, because it made me too tired. I'm glad that your libido is better, for sure. Of course if you continue on the medication and it makes your body feel weird, let your doctor know. I think just adjusting to how Christmas will be different will be something, but I hope the Christmas spirit is making you a bit happier! What kind of dough did you use for the pretzels?!

Piggybacking on what DD said, when I was on my medication, when I wasn't working, I was sleeping...through mealtimes, through everything. So definitely people experience side effects differently. And there are so many kinds of anxiety and depression meds, so if one doesn't work, hopefully your doctor can keep trying, but it can be a tricky thing to find one just right.

:pink: :pink: Congrats on the job- that's HUGE!!!!!

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. It's definitely scary times at hospitals now, but I'm glad she can at least have visitors come. I sure hope she'll be okay, and I hope your dad can go visit her. <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:43 am 
Platinum Edition

Amy, I'm glad you aren't just sleeping now after work, too! I hope you love the whole day as I do (well, except for mornings, lol)!

Rose Dome wrote:
Your Son's Autism is likely challenging but his completion of kindergarten is cause for hope :star:

Hope? Hope for what? That he'll be normal?!!! What's wrong with being autistic?!!! :x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:29 am 
Platinum Edition

DD wrote:
Amy, I'm glad you aren't just sleeping now after work, too! I hope you love the whole day as I do (well, except for mornings, lol)!

Thank you! I'm actually a morning person, I go to bed early, but yes, all day is good for me, too. :) It was a few years ago that I was on the medicine. If my anxiety is really bad, I've found that counseling helps me the most.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:02 am 
Collector's Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
Hope? Hope for what? That he'll be normal?!!! What's wrong with being autistic?!!! :x

There's nothing wrong with being autistic. I meant hope that things will be easy enough for him in society as it is structured. I'am truly sorry. I meant the comment with nothing but compassion, acceptance and admiration :|

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:23 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Thank you to everyone for your kind words.

As for my grandmother, she was discharged from the hospital two days ago. I am not sure whether surgery was recommended or not— in any case, she would not agree to it because that’s how my grandfather went after a heart attack. My dad talked with my uncle who she lives with and they decided it would be best to wait a few weeks before we see her because she’s very weak now and they don’t want her to over exert herself. Hopefully we will be able to make a trip out in a month.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:10 am 
Platinum Edition

Rose Dome wrote:
There's nothing wrong with being autistic. I meant hope that things will be easy enough for him in society as it is structured. I'am truly sorry. I meant the comment with nothing but compassion, acceptance and admiration :|

Oh, ok. I got you. I'm sorry I got upset. You made me feel better now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:46 am 
Collector's Edition

I admit I could have elebourated a bit more in the first case, Duster. I'am glad I made you feel better

It's great that your Grandmother has been discharged, Fish. I hope she makes a full recovery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:19 am 
Platinum Edition

Thanks for saying that Rose Dome. I hope I didn't make you feel bad. :)

UmbrellaFish, it's great your grandmother is better now, and I hope you get to see her in a month!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:09 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

My grandmother passed away last week. She was my favorite person, my favorite family member. She was such a wonderful grandmother. She was so funny and so full of life. Mostly, I’ve held it together up to this point. Her funeral is Wednesday and I’m starting to dread it— I think probably I haven’t accepted the full reality of it yet. I’m dreading the moment in the future when I want to talk to her and I remember she’s gone. I’m just very, very sad right now. I loved her very much. :( :( :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:40 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'm so sorry, UF. I know there are no words that can make it easier. :(

Dolly Parton, Jordin Sparks, Sara Evans, Monica, Rita Wilson ~ "Pink"
Sara Evans ~ "Anywhere"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next