How's Everyone Doing?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: How's Everyone Doing?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Thanks you guys <3 <3 I understand why his grandmother is coming- her partner passed away, and my in-laws went to visit her for Thanksgiving, and so she's coming here for Christmas. I get it, but at the same time, it just doesn't seem safe. My husband didn't go over for Thanksgiving and I thought he made a safe choice. They won't be wearing masks. They're a huggy family, and when I brought that up, he said that they won't hug, but BS- they ALWAYS hug! :cry: All we can do is hope no one gets sick. But I think it's safest to assume EVERYONE in the world is sick and to stay away, because so many people have the virus and don't know it.

I'm glad the vaccine is starting to roll out, and I hope that as more and more people get it, the virus dies down, but we're not anywhere near that point yet, so STAY AWAY and stay safe is my motto.

#rantover
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yup Amy, yup.
blackcauldron85

Do you guys get worried days after going somewhere? I hate having to go out these days, and I'm beyond lucky to be working from home. On Sunday, for example, I had to go to the vet, PetSmart, the dollar store, and the hardware store. Mask and glasses on the whole time, but still. My throat hurt yesterday (but it's major allergy season), and I'm a nervous wreck. Is that just me, or do you guys get really worried after having been out?
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I’am sorry about the awkward situation you’re in, Amy. Hopefully luck gets you all through

It doesn’t compare but I’am going through disappointment at the moment. As my profile indicates, I live in Australia. Our Divisional Leaders have mostly been quick to act and our Prime Minister Scott Morrison has at least been more efficient than the likes of Boris Johnson and Donald Trump, but we’ve now got a COVID cluster near our part of Sydney. Things had been close to normal for a solid two months but after just three days of dread and just three days before Christmas we found out that my Brother and his Fiancee -who are based in Canberra- won’t be able to come over. I’ll take it over COVID lingering here and we will have a video call but it’s still sudden and it still denies me the sense that the pandemic isn’t going in loops :( I’am glad our Politicians take no chances -my Brother and his Fiancee wouldn’t come over if it was permitted but risky- but it’s still has me weary.

I’am sorry to complain when so many of you are actually fretting about physical health but this is my personal nadir :cry:
blackcauldron85

Thanks, Rose <3 I'm still not feeling well, so I'm getting more worried.

I'm sorry that your brother & his fiancée can't come over-- finding out right before Christmas is a HUGE bummer. :( So they need to just stay by themselves? Are you at least going to be w/ family?
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

^ Wishing you well

Thanks for the sympathy too. My understanding is that my Brother and his Fiancee have to keep to their Canberra home for a fortnight because they’ve been to Sydney this month. They haven’t been staying in Sydney but they have been going over briefly and cautiously for errands. I’ll be with my Parents and almost certainly my Sister so that’s something :star:
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Amy, I hope you start feeling better! I can’t blame you for feeling worried, myself, I’ve had some panic attacks (usually when I’m trying to go to sleep at night).

Rose Dome, no need to apologize! This pandemic has affected all of us, all over the world. I’m sorry you won’t get to spend Christmas with your brother.
blackcauldron85

Rose, so everyone who has been to Sydney at all lately needs to quarantine? At least they will be together and won't be alone on Christmas, and I'm glad you'll be with family...you guys aren't sure if your sister can come? I hope you stay safe!!!

UF, do you run through all of your interactions? I don't know if I'm going to try to get tested or just not go anywhere...I felt fine before I shopped this weekend, and I wonder if I do have it, I'll need to contact the managers of the stores?! And I just remembered that I was at the grocery store I think Saturday. And was it last week that I stopped by my parents' house briefly after an eye doctor appointment because my tires needed pumping up (we keep our distance and wear our masks, and I usually am like, This is not a good idea, I don't want to get you sick, and my mom says short visits are fine and she wants to see me more often...I should tell them that I don't feel well and maybe I should get tested for their sake.

I haven't yet taken my temperature, but runny nose, coughing, problems sleeping, and the most severe symptom, my sore throat...cold? Allergies? Covid? #anxiety

#ThanksForComingToMyTedTalk
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Rose Dome, I am sorry about all that.

Amy, I will pray for you to get better.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:UF, do you run through all of your interactions?
Well, my job being the way it is, I’ve come to accept a level of risk. I mean, I’m not happy about that, but it is what it is. For me, what causes the panic attacks is usually a fear that I won’t wake up in the morning magnified with different stressors like fear of Covid. It’s just really hard. The best thing I can do for myself is tell myself “I’m okay” or “I’m not going to die.” One of my tricks for going to sleep and putting my mind off my mortality is to re-tell a fairy tale in my head, usually Cinderella or The Little Mermaid. That always does the trick.

I hope you begin to feel better, Amy!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Duster - Thank you for the sympathy

cauldron - Anybody who has left Sydney in the last fortnight has to isolate. It’s a tough thing but my Brother and his Fiancee will have each other along with their two neighbours, who are also isolating. My Sister (based in a different part of Sydney) is definitely coming over. I just felt compelled to use measured wording while Christmas was more than a sleep away :| It’s a sure thing now that she’ll be here :)

Fish - It’s good that you’ve found what helps with your panic attacks

Merry Christmas
blackcauldron85

Thank you, DD!! I had forgotten that we have DayQuil and NyQuil, so I slept decently.

UF, that's a really, really good idea, to tell stories in your head--I definitely need to try that when I can't sleep. I am amazed by essential workers such as yourself (my brother is one as well)-- just the scariness of having to go out into the world.

Rose, yay, I'm glad that your sister gets to come over!! I understand that you didn't want to say 'For sure she'll be here' when you couldn't be sure, but I'm happy you'll be together on Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Brelly, you're not going to die! But that's a good trick you have to get your mind off it and fall asleep!

Amy, I'm glad you can get sleep, too!

Rose Dome, I'm glad you can have Christmas with your sister and your parents.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

We got a white Christmas here in Tennessee! Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
blackcauldron85

Merry Christmas, everyone!!! I'm glad you got a White Christmas!!! Florida is super cold but no snow! Don't forget that Soul comes out on D+ today! I'm going to make cookies and watch A Muppet Family Christmas right now!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you're all doing well.

Today's been light for me thus far. My sister is making some bagels, while I'm working on my blog for the time being. Are you all having a good time? Did you get what you wanted? If you don't celebrate, I hope your day is going swell, anyway!
blackcauldron85

Merry Christmas! I just pulled up your blog to take a looksee! My husband just went to his parents' house so I'm alone w/ my snoring dogs, but we watched Soul and I made cookies, and it was a good day. I didn't have anything in mind (besides a Baby Yoda which I did not get), so I was happy w/ the presents I got!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I got a Cinderella as a bride statue from my friend! And I watched Soul and thought it was really, really great! Actually the perfect movie for this Christmas!
blackcauldron85

Super cool- do you have a link to the statue online or a pic? I keep seeing this Holiday 2020 Cinderella doll and I think of you:
https://shop.hasbro.com/en-us/product/d ... 6D17C18124
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'll have to show a link when I am at home.

EDIT: Here is the link to the statue I got!:
Cinderella Wedding Figurine

Thank you for thinking of me, but I really don't like that doll, lol.