How's Everyone Doing?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: How's Everyone Doing?

Post by Disney Duster »

Good luck Amy! I think you will crush it!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yes, good luck!
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Thank you SO MUCH, you guys!!! With such short notice, I can't drive there for a trial run quite at the same time as the interview because of work, but I think I'll try and make a trial run today or tomorrow after work- thank you! And yes, pausing is really good advice- my dad also said not to ramble so I need to remember "short and sweet"...!!!

I'm also super nervous about mold...at my current job, I had a cough for years due to the mold (working from home has lessened it), so if there's mold in the building- if I get the job- and my cough comes back ...I just can't go through that again.

So nervous! Do I keep my mask on? I'll have to remember to talk loudly if so (or regardless I'll need to talk loudly)...

And I need to do research on the school and make questions for the interview.
blackcauldron85

I got the job I interviewed for!!! I had told them that I'd need 2 weeks' notice to give my employer, but I start in a day less than 3 weeks. What a weight lifted off my shoulders. But of course now I'm nervous because it'll be a lot of responsibility (I'm kind of a one-woman department now in a way at the new job). But I'm excited.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I got the job I interviewed for!!! I had told them that I'd need 2 weeks' notice to give my employer, but I start in a day less than 3 weeks. What a weight lifted off my shoulders. But of course now I'm nervous because it'll be a lot of responsibility (I'm kind of a one-woman department now in a way at the new job). But I'm excited.

Awesome!!! I’ve been wondering how things went!! Congratulations!!! :pink: :pink: :pink:
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm so happy things worked out for you. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Thanks you guys!! <3. I wrote my resignation letter at lunchtime and gave it to my boss. We have a Zoom meeting this afternoon so I'll tell the rest of my little team, then have to let other departments know. I'm very grateful though. (Oh, and the trial run idea was genius and it had helped my anxiety for sure!)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Congratulations Amy!!!
blackcauldron85

Thank you!! :) <3
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I’m glad the trial run was helpful!!! Happy for you!!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

That's so wonderful, Amy! I'm so happy for you!
blackcauldron85

Thank you, thank you! :) <3
blackcauldron85

One of my dogs woke me up almost 2 hours ago to go potty, and 2 hours later I still can't sleep. I've been crying, and knowing how tired and stressed I'll be today is not helping.

Friday was my last day at my old job, I had orientation Monday for the new job, and yesterday was my first work day at the new job. There is so much to know- hundreds if not thousands of pages that I literally have to memorize the information for. The person who did my job before did it for 14 years. The person training me has been the "interim" person for my job for two months. It's encouraging that in two months she's learned all that she has and does her own job on top of it. So there's hope for me yet. It's incredibly overwhelming, and busy season is right around the corner. I'll have a lot of homework to do to catch up.

I was probably 15 minutes early Monday for orientation, but came back from lunch a few minutes late. Yesterday my husband worked from home so I stayed at work. Today and from now on, I'll need to let the dogs out for 2 minutes and head back right away to work. It sucks. I miss my dogs. On Monday, Bean had gotten sick and I had to clean it (part of why I was late)...he gets "sad sick" so I know my dogs aren't fans of being alone most of the day. I'm grateful I live close enough to even stop by to let them out at all...even before working from home last year, I lived even closer to work (old job) so lunchtime was never an issue.

I was told that it's not frowned on to eat at your desk, so hopefully that's true and I can try to get some calories that way... I feel like I'll be living on Boost/Ensure and smoothies to just get quick calories though. Which is stressful.

My coworker (who is also leaving that job soon) at my last job told me yesterday that they'll be getting raises; the department is having a hard time getting people to either apply or take the job since it doesn't pay much, so at least my leaving helped that (meaning those who are there get raises and new hires will make more than the old starting pay).

I had more to write but I'm wiped out. Thanks for letting me vent!

Hopefully in a few months I'll be happier... I don't have time to read Disney news or forum posts or regular news beyond push notifications or watch TV. #stress #ThanksForComingToMyTedTalk

I hope I can fall asleep...

Oh, my mom had said when I was applying for jobs that another job I applied for would be easier due to the need to memorize all this info...I took it as her not believing in me (like in 8th grade when I wanted to take Italian in high school but she thought the words would be too long for me...not the reason I took Spanish but still), but I'm doubting myself. With my anxiety and depression issues, it's just going to be a struggle. At my last job, I was training others after being there only 3 months, so I have to have faith, but I'm just internally freaking out. (I just don't know if I can mentally handle this type of job. It has similarities to my last job but it has a lot of components that I need to be knowledgeable on.)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, I am so sad to hear how you have been crying and not able to sleep Amy! I really hope the job is not too hard on you. I think you can do it, though! I really think you can totally handle this job! I believe in you! It's so sweet how you cared about helping get raises for your old job. You're such a good person! I think I forgot you had depression. I have it, too, and it sucks. I will pray for you!
blackcauldron85

Thank you so much, DD! I slept well (I'm still tired though) but I'm a little more confident this morning. I just had needed to vent! :). I don't know that I've talked about my depression on here; in recent years, my anxiety generally is worse. But I agree that it sucks. :(. Thank you again-- your words mean a lot!!!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

So glad I could make you feel better, Amy! And I'm so glad you slept!
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I hope you are doing better Amy!

My recent news is that I've enrolled in a portrait photography course through the NY Institute of Photography. Fingers crossed that it goes well, feeling nervous about doing the big photo projects.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
blackcauldron85

That is HUGE- congratulations!! That sounds like an interesting course. Are you doing it as more of a hobby, or is your goal to become a professional photographer? Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, C_R! I'm having my good days and bad days.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

A professional photographer is the main goal, and I luckily have a cousin in the field who can help mentor me. So far I'm averaging 80-95% on the mini-quizzes they do every so often.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
blackcauldron85

:pink:. That's a great goal!!!!!!!! I'm proud of you. And doing well on the quizzes- that's awesome!!!!!!
Last edited by blackcauldron85 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.