What good thing happened to you today?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Re: What good thing happened to you today?

Post by Jules »

Wiggles wrote:Looking forward to getting my ten-pack of Cadbury Double Decker bars. :)
I like Cadbury but I think Milka tastes better. Of course, I suppose as they say, the best chocolate is made in Switzerland. Never had the opportunity to sample some Swiss chocolate, though. :(

Oh, as for the good thing that happened to me today ... well, I think I watched about three hours of non-stop Vsauce videos on YouTube this morning. I only recently discovered the channel, and it's awesome!
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Been knitting a lot lately. I'm getting good at it, and it's strangely addictive. :D
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Its Friday !!!!

:D

:up:

Thank goodness !
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I went to Harry Potter Studios in London today. It was a really great day out. Got a chance to try the Butterbeer!
Some of the stuff to see was breathtaking. The Great hall was a lot smaller than I imagined. Diagon Alley was my favourite.
I would highly recommend it to any Harry Potter fan. I also went with a non-Potter fan and he also had a great day.

My bedroom is being re-plastered by someone who did some of the Plaster work on Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant in Disneyland Paris and I'm actually quite excited about this fact.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Butterbeer actually exists!? :o
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Jules wrote:Butterbeer actually exists!? :o
It was cream soda/rum extract affair with a butterscotch flavoured whipped cream on top. I think.
It is definitely an acquired taste. Loads of people were leaving them but thankfully, I love cream soda and drink it mixed with pretty much everything. Best of all, I got a souvenir tankard.

Recipe time: http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2012/har ... er-recipe/

I haven't tried it but plan on trying to replicate it later today. It looks like I had the same stuff they serve in Orlando.

Watching the London marathon today and eating Prosciutto. Shaping up to be a decent day.
David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

I got my ticket to see Paul McCartney at the New Orleans Arena, June 19!
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

A good friend of mine emailed me Linda Woolverton's second draft of Beauty and the Beast when the songs were in place. Interesting read if I do say so myself. 8)
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I finally Submitted my Fasfa Form Online and my intent to role at a college that is 10 minutes away from where I live. It was good, but was also scary
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I've had my offer accepted on a flat I want to buy !!!

Just got the news this morning !!!!

:pink: :banana:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I rebooked my September WDW trip at 30% off, saving me almost $800!
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I bought a house!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I scheduled a Skype interview for a production editor position at Sourcebooks in Naperville, IL. And, I started reading The Goldfinch, which I'm really enjoying so far.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

While I still read and lurk around the forums a couple of times a week, I was shocked to see that I haven't posted in years. I guess I was more burned out than I thought. A week not posting, turned into a month not posting, then into several months not posting, and then to years not posting very quickly for me. While I hit a very dark depression around the time I stopped posting, the last year has been very positive for me in general. Here are some of the highlights:

-I fought my depression and won without any medications. Actually I would have loved medication at the beginning. However, given my addictive personality and strong family history of drug abusers, the therapist I was seeing wouldn't give me any. I consider myself extremely lucky to have made it out of that dark time without medications. There are so many people who struggle to find their way out with the help medications, and there are many who never find their way out of depression.

-Location, location, location has been one key factor to finding a happier and at peace version of myself. I finally escaped the city of my birth! I literally moved to the middle of the woods and am so much better off for that decision. No more having to deal with obnoxious neighbors. I haven't heard loud music, shouting teens, or gunshots in the middle of the night since I moved. The only things I hear at night now are bugs, frogs, raccoons, and deer.

-I traded in a short commute to work to an hour long one each way when I moved. I love it! I was lucky enough to transfer my job from where I was to a bigger city. With that transfer I gained more working hours, which is awesome. The long commute gives me a chance to chill and center myself before arriving home each day. This helped to eliminate the majority of the stress I was having.

-I got a new puppy. His name is George and he is a lab/german Shepard mix. He is solid black and looks like a full lab. He is also huge, way bigger than my other two current dogs or the previous lab I owned. It is a good thing I love big dogs. He has helped me to find and keep the joy in life.

-Most importantly, I found love again. That is something I had never thought would happen again for me. I am very blessed to have found someone who matches up with me so well.

That is all of my good news for now. Hopefully, it won't be a few more years before I come out of lurking to post again. :wave:
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm so happy things are going well for you, CJ! :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Nice to hear things are better, CJ. :) Even though I know I'd have to finally get a full driving license, I've always liked the idea of living in a more woodsy (or more rural) location.

Anyway, regarding nice things...

Well, the other day, I handed in my MA thesis, or dissertation as one would call it in the UK. And I got it in a few days before the deadline, which was good. :) And today, the sun has been shining and I've had some quality time with my family's cat. :)
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

CJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back! :)

I am very happy for you that you got through depression. That's such a daily-life-wrecking thing to go through, so I am so glad that you're feeling better!

Wondy, very impressive!!!!!!!! :) Woot, woot!!!
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

Thanks guys and Amy! And way to go Wondy!! :up: :up:
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Figured I'd bump this thread, since a lot of good things happened yesterday in my life. A President in Office that I can get behind because he cares about uniting people that disagree with him was inaugurated, along with America’s 1st Woman Vice President. Also, I got a desk from a local thrift shop for my entertainment outlets, and I had some Shiitake Mushroom Ramen with Okonomiyaki Tater-Tots for dinner. Life's been good. :D
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

It sounds like a great day!!! :D

This didn’t happen on a single day, but one good thing which happened last year was me rediscovering my love for classic movies and Old Hollywood.