The Universe has stomped on me thread. Rant or clear the air

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Universe has stomped on me thread. Rant or clear the

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm sorry it seems like one bad thing after the other. You really deserve to be pain-free. I really hope the new doctor turns out to be a great new thing, instead of a worse thing. But you tell them, taking you off your meds last time turned out to be really bad.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Whoa, UD. No one has needed to rant since February?!?

Lately (I feel as in the past few years), I was much more of a lurker than a regular poster, but I've been posting more lately. I finally left my ex-husband in 2010 after many years in an unhappy marriage. I went off to grad school in 2011, and failed a class in my 3rd semester in 2012. I was working 3 part-time jobs, couldn't afford to stay with my school roommate, moved in with a guy I had just started dating due to being desperate, he ended up being abusive, and in 2014 I moved in with my parents. 5 months later I met my current boyfriend, & we moved in together. He's definitely the best guy I've ever dated. He does have 3 kids, and they live with their mom in another state. She and the 3 kids might be moving in with my boyfriend's mom or her mom. At some points in our relationship, he wanted a kid with me, and then he flip-flopped countless times. Plus, I may have PCOS, so who knows if I'm fertile anyway (waiting for blood work to come back). Dealing with doctors isn't my favorite things- my current ones are no exception- I've just had bad luck with doctors never getting back to me or finding diagnoses, not prescribing correct medication, etc. etc, long story. I had cervical issues and (non-cancerous) lumps in my breasts. So much has happened the past few years. Of course, Disney has been something to keep me smiling when it seems like there's not much to smile about. In March of this year, I finally got a job that I love- I work the front desk at a clinic. I love it there. And I feel like it's a home for me.

If you know me at all, you know that my dogs have been my babies (my ex kept 2, and one died a year and a half ago, and I kept my Oliver). Oliver is at least 10 years old now, has been having arthritis for years (I lovingly call him "Shaky Legs."), and lately has been acting senile, stopping at other people's apartment doors and just not moving during our walks (and if we're far away from our building, I can't lift him...). He got diagnosed with pancreatis yesterday. I know that he's getting older and is in rough shape, and it just kills me inside. He's my baby. I have a fish and rats and guinea pigs, but those are my pets...Oliver is my kid. I'm just heartbroken.

I had been in therapy since the beginning of this year, but I can't afford it now, not with student loans and Oliver's medical care/medicine/special diet.

I just wanted to share. UD has been my family for 9 years now, and I'm so grateful to have this community. :thumb:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow Amy! So much has happened to you! I'm glad you finally left your ex-husband and bad boyfriends. I'm glad you have a good boyfriend now, and a job you love! Finding that can be quite hard. I'm sorry about Oliver though. :( I'll pray for you for the best!
blackcauldron85

Thank you so, so much, DD! <3
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Thank you so, so much, DD! <3
Amy, I also have been much more of a 'lurker' these past few years, but I want you to know I'm here for you! I'm so sorry to hear that you'd been going through such a rough patch! If you still have a Facebook, please feel free to message me there! (Or inbox me here) I miss this site and all of you guys!

As for my rant, I've been in college since the fall of 2010. I failed a few classes, so that set me back, and I transferred schools twice (state Univerisity to a community college to finish my general credits, then back to a different state University to finish my major requirements), so that also set me back.

I'm majoring in communications, but I honestly don't know what I want to do with my life. I work retail part-time and I'm 23, so it's a very pivotal time in my life and it's all very stressful not really knowing where your life is going. I'm very close to graduating and it's hard to set up internships and build a resume when you're so confused.
UDer #3495 :D
blackcauldron85

Ryan!!! *hug* I got rid of FB a few months ago. I, too, was a Communications major, and I struggled for years to find a decent job, and went to grad school because I felt my B.A. degree was worthless in a bad economy. It can take time... play up your people skills; working in retail can help your resume in that sense. I have a lot of resume books... send me a PM and I'll shoot you my email address.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

blackcauldron85 wrote:Ryan!!! *hug* I got rid of FB a few months ago. I, too, was a Communications major, and I struggled for years to find a decent job, and went to grad school because I felt my B.A. degree was worthless in a bad economy. It can take time... play up your people skills; working in retail can help your resume in that sense. I have a lot of resume books... send me a PM and I'll shoot you my email address.
I went to PM you and it says I'm not authorised to send out PMs? Why am I JUST finding this out 9 years later??!
blackcauldron85

I'll post my email but the second you read this please post so I can edit!
Last edited by blackcauldron85 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Thanks Amy! E-mailing you now! :)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well just when I think my life has reached it's maximum limit of being uniqulely insane that no one goes through situations that no one in Hollywood could be creatve enoguh to come up with that is actually my reality I'm proven completely wrong. I'm not going to go into too much or many details at all as it's so bizzare that yeah it's too sensiteive to post on any open board. Yeah it's that complicated and I've never been shy away from posting issues. If you think you know what it might be, trust me you don't.

However I did recieve some amazingly complete 180 turn into a positive of hope today. I just pray to God that the miracle that happens continues to develop and what's going on can be nothing but an unpleasant thoguht
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I hope that whatever is happening to you, which sounds horrible, will get better. I will pray for you, too. Glad that it might be getting better.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:I hope that whatever is happening to you, which sounds horrible, will get better. I will pray for you, too. Glad that it might be getting better.

Well it hasn't gotten better, it's gotten more bizarre than ever to be quite honest. I've faced a lot of trials and tribulations, and had many out of this world roller coaster rides one could only imagine be in the movies.

This one, is by far the most insane one I've been through for a 3 month span of my life. I've been praying and giving it to God, though I do wish this would be over sooner than later, because it's beginning to drain. I almost thought it was over last night and would have good news this morning, a\ how someone can turn down Amish food and Star Wars I'll never know. I mean that's paradise on earth

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that disneyboy. How sad. I don't know what will happen now. I will still pray for you that it gets better, but God doesn't always answer our prayers, I know from experience, as I've prayed for things and never gotten them. Still, there is hope this can get better, and I will still pray. I'm sure the new Star Wars, when it finally comes, will make you happy, though.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Recently I lost a post card from speed skater Bonnie Blair I got back in 1998 after writing a letter to her. Years ago between 1994 and 1998 I was infatuated with her and it nearly destroyed me. I feel that I have never meet her and never fallen in love because I am being punished from going crazy over Bonnie Blair years ago. Any ideas?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well, I'm a bit depressed. No I take that back, a lot depressed. Possibly the most depressed I've ever been in my life.

A couple weeks ago this coming Wednesday, my best friend died. However, my best friend wasn't a human, it was my cat who was 17 years old. His name was Twinkle. I'm super depressed by this. I know he lived a long life, but this is hard. And still dealing with the other thing going on since this past October, of which I have given that worry to God, but struggling with the lost of my Twinkle is hard. He's always been my cat, called him My little man all the time. God I miss him so much. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Awww I'm sorry your best friend of a cat died. That's super sad. I will pray for you.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I also lost a cat recently. The 17th of this month, actually. She's one of the last cats I have, and I'd had her for at least a decade--since I was in high school. It's been harder to deal with because in a way I feel I took her for granted. She always stayed on the porch and was there whenever I opened the door, and after so many years, I never would've thought she'd go to the road. In a way, it reminds me of when my grandparents died and how the house itself seemed to die, too. I go outside and there's nobody there all over me anymore. She was such a sturdy, healthy cat, and it just didn't feel real for several days there. So I can understand how you're feeling to a degree at least, disneyboy. God bless.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

AM I BEING IGNORED somebody answer me now.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Aw sorry about your cat, too, Divinity.

Bradhig, I don't think anyone is using the ignore function on this site to ignore you. I think it's just that there's not a lot of people who have anything to say to your posts.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

bradhig wrote:AM I BEING IGNORED somebody answer me now.
Cool it, when you get erratic it doesn't prompt people to want to communicate with you quite the opposite actually.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~