Disney Mania: The Legacy of UltimateDisney Continues

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Lover
Special Edition

Post by Disney Lover »

I joined. Thanks for doing this. Hopefully UD doesn't close. It's a great site!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I wrote in the Sitepocylpse thread, but I'll just repost it here:

I registered (as TheSequelOfDisney) and I'm awaiting my email. I still have hope that this site will continue to run for at least a few more weeks (and hopefully longer). I'll definitely stay until the end, but I really hope that that end doesn't come. I've spent nearly 6 registered years on here (more like 7 or eight years not counting registration) and I seriously don't know what I'd do without UD (I still haven't transitioned to calling it DVDizzy; it's been like 4 years since it's been changed, too). I'll stay hopeful, but if UD does fold, I'll try and be on Disney Mania as often as possible to continue discussing Disney (and other stuff too) with all of you great people.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

But if UD does close, hopefully it won't, then at least the forum will be available so that we may search in it and re-read all the discussions and see all the links and pictures posted, even though we might not longer write on it?
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
John Pannozzi

Post by John Pannozzi »

Prince Edward wrote:But if UD does close, hopefully it won't, then at least the forum will be available so that we may search in it and re-read all the discussions and see all the links and pictures posted, even though we might not longer write on it?
I hope so too. Also, all the DVD reviews and other features from Ultimate Disney/DVDizzy should archived somehow.

And I just joined the DisneyMania forum, BTW.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I won't join until UD truuly dies (if it does), but I do appreciate the effort put into this new forum.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I just signed up, but I probably only will post/lurk if UD does close. I just did some online shopping and used the "Support Us" links, so hopefully the money will help UD a little!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

i will sign up, but if the hostilities remain, i'm out.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I finally signed up, too.
JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

Everybody seems so certain that UD is going to close soon, has Luke ever given an exact date?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

JohnnyWeir wrote:Everybody seems so certain that UD is going to close soon, has Luke ever given an exact date?
No but he said this:
Luke wrote:Now, how about this Sitepocalypse thing? Is that still happening? Probably, but no sooner than October.
Source: http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=120
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Re: Disney Mania: The Legacy of UltimateDisney Continues

Post by Disney's Divinity »

So... Maybe we should re-visit the backup forum link idea just in case? I mean, I hope this was just a glitch and this site's going nowhere, but I mean, it'd be nice to have a backup link just in case this site were to ever go poof that we could group on instead... :/ Maybe something started by Sotiris since they're a moderator here and since they're usually the one posting all the news (not to leave out D82 and blackcauldron85!). :P I mean, Twitter and stuff is nice, but it's not the same as a forum. I'm not saying we go somewhere else--I want to continue to support the site as long as it's around--so much as we have a plan B in case something were to happen randomly. I do know new members aren't able to join here as it is because of issues with the site... :( Here's the link for the DisneyMania site we started ages ago: http://disneymania.forumotion.com/ I believe it still works, so I suggest bookmarking in case. :up:
Even if it wouldn't be the forum that we could ultimately settle on, it'd at least be somewhere to go to find out where to go from there if this site were to die... Just a thought.

Also, does Luke still update the main page or was something wiped by whatever happened? It doesn't look like there's been anything new since May of last year. :( Unless he still adds reviews and just doesn't make a message at the top of the page about them anymore.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah, I agree. Good thinking.
blackcauldron85

The May post on the front page has been the last post. :( I see in an old post below that I did register on that site (on "Forgot my password," I tried a couple email addresses and it doesn't recognize them, so I don't know what email address I used or what password), but I bookmarked it, even if I can't access it with my username!. A spammer registered and made a bunch of posts...
Disney's Divinity

blackcauldron85 wrote:The May post on the front page has been the last post. :( I see in an old post below that I did register on that site (on "Forgot my password," I tried a couple email addresses and it doesn't recognize them, so I don't know what email address I used or what password), but I bookmarked it, even if I can't access it with my username!. A spammer registered and made a bunch of posts...
I noticed that, too. Maybe random algorithms take them to every forum in existence, even empty ones. :lol:
blackcauldron85

I figured out what email address I used, and I was able to log on and change my password. But when trying to update my email address, it said, "To activate this user, you must be logged in to your account before clicking on the activation link !" even though I was logged in. At least Gmail has the two accounts linked... and I made a post, and it worked. But I agree, I hope we can keep using UD!!
Disney's Divinity

Oh, I see your post! I think my first 3D and 4K purchases were both The Little Mermaid (from Target), the Diamond for first 3D and the Signature for first 4K. I don't have the technology to be able to watch 3D or 4K though, so it's rather moot. :P
blackcauldron85

^I don't have the capabilities to watch 3D or 4K either! Wreck-It Ralph and Tangled were somehow cheaper on the premium formats.