Disney Mania: The Legacy of UltimateDisney Continues

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Disney Mania: The Legacy of UltimateDisney Continues

Post by Heartless »

When I heard about Luke's extreme problems with his site and unfortunate treatment by Google, I had hoped everything would somehow be worked out and we could continue enjoying ourselves here at Ultimate Disney as we do on a regular basis. However, when word came out that the site and forum was scheduled to close, I was very disheartened. I figured that was the end of that, and our community would either be split up or slowly disappear. I just couldn't let that happen.

I really have grown to enjoy the community here. And with this, I have created a new community - a new forum where 'the legacy of UD can continue.'

And without further adieu, I present to you Disney Mania: http://disneymania.forumotion.com/

Please realize that this is very much a prototype. Everything is subject to change. It may not be the greatest thing on the planet, but I believe this is the greatest chance for our community to continue to thrive once Ultimate Disney closes. Aesthetic changes are probably definitely going to happen, but I did what I could for the time being. I wanted to get up the forum as quickly as possible as to let as many members here know of it before the "Sitepocalypse."

I encourage all of you to join this forum, so that when the inevitable closing of this forum happens, we will be able to continue at Disney Mania. (Yeah, Disney Mania.. best name I could come up with lol. But its where "all yer dreems com tru!" so it's sure to be a magical place. lol

In all seriousness though, I really would like to see all of us continue to do everything we did at this forum. The setup is a little different (perhaps to offer more diversity and organization) but similar guidelines, etc. will be implemented so that it will have a similar feel to here.

Also, I got spoilers for Super Aurora. :D
I'm still looking at all the features, but from what I've seen it looks like all the feature we have here (and then some) are available!

I hope this offers a great alternative for the continuation of Ultimate Disney! Thank you everyone for creating such a great environment here, and thank you all the administrators and moderators for maintaing a warm and stable environment. I hope that this forum continues the legacy you created.

- Heartless
"Good and bad are labels created by people. Nature doesn't have such concepts."
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I joined, and posted the first post. However, I'm still going to be following UD.
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

Barbossa wrote:I joined, and posted the first post. However, I'm still going to be following UD.
Thanks for joining. I hope you will stay here! I will still primarily be following UD as well. This forum is just to pick up where UD leaves off, so its not entirely necessary to post until this forum closes. You are welcome to, but I don't see much point in it. haha

It was created early so that I spread awareness of it before UD closes.
Again, thanks for the support!
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I just registered! I really hope a lot of us move over there! Great job with the design and everything Heartless!!!

I couldn't post though... I tried to add a post after Barbossa's, but couldn't. Where is the button to post? lol I'm such a newbie.

*EDIT* Nevermind! I thought I was signed in, but I really wasn't. :oops: lol
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

UD is going to close :?

If it is. This stinks. What happen?

Hopefully all UD member moves to Disney Mania. Oh boy I love UD. I always visit every day for the latest Disney news.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

I already joined. Hopefully UD isn't going anywhere, as it's already established, has great reviews and usually brings us breaking stories on Disney releases. If something does happen, hopefully everyone will migrate to Disney Mania.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I joined. though two things:

My sig doesn't pop up when I post and i can't find the spoiler tag button. which one is it?
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

Super Aurora wrote:I joined. though two things:

My sig doesn't pop up when I post and i can't find the spoiler tag button. which one is it?
Signatures are working now. Reputation system is now activated. A spoiler feature is currently available under "Others" on the toolbar when posting.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Heartless wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:I joined. though two things:

Signatures are working now. Reputation system is now activated. A spoiler feature is currently available under "Others" on the toolbar when posting.
Thanks.

Although the rep system, where is that located? You didn't have to do it. I just thought it would make the forum more....interesting LOL.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

Thank you for doing this. I registered for your site, and bookmarked it in case anything does happen to UD. I hope that if all else fails, many members from this site will still stick together.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

I have joined! If UD should close, I hope not, then it would be nice to still be able to continue to interact with all the fine members here on UD. Have been following this site and this forum since 2005 and been a member since 2008, I appriciate all the information I have gotten here and the possibility to share my passion for Disney with fellow fans:)
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Joined! I really hope everyone will migrate there if UD does close, I would hate to lose what has been established here.
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

Just joined as well =)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I will register there too but only when and if UD closes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I will register shortly.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I've registered and have made a handful of posts to introduce myself and show my support. :) I'm still focusing the majority of my discussions on Disney here at UD while we still have it.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I signed up, but I still did not get the e-mail to activate my account. Does it have something to do with the security on my computer?

My Username is PixarFan88
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

This might be a really dumb question but why doesn't Luke change the name of this site? If dvdizzy.com won't show up on google then maybe something else would?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

^wasn't that the reason for the change from ultimate Disney to DVDizzy in the first place? if a name change didn't work then why would it be any different this time?
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I signed up, but I still did not get the e-mail to activate my account. Does it have something to do with the security on my computer?

My Username is PixarFan88
You've been activated. :D

I do want everyone to realize that I want everyone to continue supporting and posting here as long as we have. Disney Mania will remain open, however I would really like for everyone to continue discussion here (like many of you are already planning to do! :) )
Like I said, there's really no need to use that forum until (if) this forum closes. It was a safety measure and no more than that.