My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: My abnormal life: death, car, psych ward and I'm a final

Post by disneyboy20022 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Michael!! I was concerned when you hadn't posted in a while! Wow, I am super sorry to hear all that you're going through. :( There are no words. I hope you're doing okay. Woohoo on the RTV submissions- that is beyond exciting, and to have two selected!! I hope you have a great time at the event, and fingers crossed!

The summer semester was rough on me and kept me quite busy. It was a western civ class. There were challenges unlike any I've faced before, but by the end I got an A and a B. Now normally I keep my schoolwork from previous semester, but I think I'd rather like to symbolically burn them lol.

Also, if you want details about this death thing, message me. I can't nor won't discuss it on an open forum and all that.

Also, my is gf out, but learned another friend is in the psych ward now. Praying and thinking for that friend too right now.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, so that class was tough! Lol at burning school work! I'm glad your girlfriend is out! I hope the other friend gets out soon too.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

It's funny that you mention Western Civ, because my coworkers in college just went back to school, and one was complaining to me about Western Civ yesterday. That was not a favorite of mine, and I took it for 2 semesters (1 & 2). I'm thrilled you ended up not only passing, but doing great!!

If you need someone to talk to, of course I'm here for you, but I never want to pry.

I'm so glad your girlfriend got out, but oh man your friend is in. Hopefully they'll be out soon. Hopefully they'll get counseling or meds/treatment to help them feel even better. <3
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I took western civ 1 (online) was a huge huge work load. 4 papers in 2 months.

and in Western civ to, in person class..over the summer semester the teacher..uh uh um for two hours and the rest......just message me if you want to know more. I'm facepalming just thinking about it. I usually keep my schoolwork I've done in the previous semester. However, I've decided I am going to symbolically burn my schoolwork I did for both of those classes :P .

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh man 4 papers in two months! Sounds like that class and teacher were wack!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'am very sorry about what you've gone through with your Friends :( I hope your Girlfriend remains alright.

All the best with your tiring seeming work :rock:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: My abnormal life: Ist place for radio and retire theater

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Yeah...the radio awards I mentioned, were on Friday. I got 1st place in Broadcast Sales. I got a nice looking Plaque and a certificate. My other radio project I submitted got 3rd place. I realize now i have a gift, and that's why I'm also retiring from theater pretty sure. I'm ready to put my future career first, and theater long behind. This is by far a huge honor and I'm humbled that I recieved this award. I got a great future ahead of me, which means I'm ready to put theater behind me.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, that is so incredible! What an honor! Congratulations! Glad you found your gift and know what you want to do. What exactly is Radio Sales? Selling stuff through what you say and other sounds on the radio?
blackcauldron85

Woohoo!!!!! :pink: :pink: Congratulations!!!! That's huge!! Absolutely put those awards on your resume! I'm so, so happy that you found your calling!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Congratulations!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well.... I have the chance to attend a study abroad trip to London and Paris where I will go to Disneyland Paris on that last day. I've started a go fund me and a direct link to the place I'm paying. If you want a link message me. Not sure if it's against rules to share that sort of thing on the forum or not

blackcauldron85

^ Oh wow, that's an amazing opportunity! When would it be? [I know when my dog had cancer last year, the UD mods allowed me to post my GoFundMe link. If you don't post it, could you message it to me? I don't have too much $, but I'd be happy to contribute something.]
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:^ Oh wow, that's an amazing opportunity! When would it be? [I know when my dog had cancer last year, the UD mods allowed me to post my GoFundMe link. If you don't post it, could you message it to me? I don't have too much $, but I'd be happy to contribute something.]
Here it is
https://www.gofundme.com/f/michael039s- ... d1PY7yRtZ0

though there's also this link which goes directly to which company is hosting the college study abroad

https://personal.efcollegestudytours.co ... FXbxuZMshA

Either one works and yeah if anyone here could pass this on please do so.

blackcauldron85

I just donated what I could right now. I wonder if there are any types of scholarships for this sort of trip...
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I just donated what I could right now. I wonder if there are any types of scholarships for this sort of trip...
I'll look into that and I'm keeping fundraising going until February. I realize with the holidays money is a bit on the tight side and all that.
One issue with the scholarships is that they are national based but I can still research it regardless. :) I'll look into it more after my last final exam on Thursday.

Disney Duster

Re: My abnormal life: Help me Go the Distance

Post by Disney Duster »

I donated, Michael! Really hope you get all the money you want!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:I donated, Michael! Really hope you get all the money you want!

Ooh I was wondering who that mystery donor was lol

Oh I did an update with this

When I initially set this trip up I thought I'd have enough between pell, map and student loan to contribute to this study abroad. My pell is up for termination because I've reached the maximum amount of credits needed to graduate. I will appeal the pell grant but if that falls through I will not have funds needed for this trip. I'm taking an Independent study for Broadcast Television, Independent Study for Radio, Interpersonal Relations and Sign Language. I'm taking these RTV classes to help me learn even more information about the broadcast industry. I'm taking Interpersonal relations to help my social skills. Sign language because EIU requires I graduate with a foreign language and I've been advised to do my foreign language at LLC instead of a university. This is why I've started this Go Fund me account.

If 148 people donate $25 I will have enough for this study abroad. That being said I'd be grateful for any amount you can give to help me travel to a whole new world. I'm keeping this Fundraiser open until February.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh ok. Wow a lot of stuff you need to take.

I hope a lot of people donate. I also posted about this fundraiser on my Facebook and I really hope it helps get lots of people to donate.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:Oh ok. Wow a lot of stuff you need to take.

I hope a lot of people donate. I also posted about this fundraiser on my Facebook and I really hope it helps get lots of people to donate.
I sent you a Private message.

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: My abnormal life: Pell or nothing....good grief....ugh..

Post by disneyboy20022 »

So far have raised about $200. I know some friends in January who will also donate funds. So....about my pell.... I figured if it didn't happen I'd use the student loan for my classes, but apparently if Pell is terminated I can't take out a loan at all. Unless the classes I'm taking are required for the degree none would be covered. Got some advice from a counselor and helped me (I was very very very distraught given I figured oh well least I'd have classes) So, anyway I'm not taking the classes I had planned. Instead I switched majors to a digital media certificate. I am taking 5 classes in the spring and two in the summer. This makes a much better case to appeal the termination of my pell. I won't know until January 21st and will have a small window to drop if indeed I have to due to no pell. So, the trip is still community based, but right now this all or nothing been bugging me a lot. yeesh.