My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Re: The Saga is Over: Changed Majors, Fell and hurt back.

Post by Rose Dome »

Wishing you all the best with your studies and your physical recovery
Last edited by Rose Dome on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, I'm so sorry about the accident you had and the injuries! That accident sounded terrible. But your attitude to living life despite going slower and now going into a new major you love is great! I'll pray for your physical injuries to get better!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

You have such a great attitude! but I'm so sorry for your accident. I hope that you won't be in pain & crunching soon. And way to go on your new major!!!! Follow your heart-- I bet it'll be a blast!!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

It's easy for me to say that, but there are times I struggle putting it into action. However, been distracting myself lately with something else I'm in the process of learning. I am gonna be 31 years old in March and do not have my driver's license. However, I have my permit and been driving with my mom and dad in the car, in the process of learning how to drive. My friends in theater club at college have inspired me to grow in this way, to be social, despite any awkwardness I may have or find nerve-wrecking at all. I no longer wish to be a loner, but among friends who care for one another. My theater club family. :)

Hoping to hear back from the pain dr tomorrow and come up with a game plan to address this, so I can get back to doing what I have loved doing, being able to walk without pain.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I hope learning to drive proves to go nice and easy for you!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

This past Monday, I called the doctor after hearing he said to schedule an epidural. So, called, figured eh, wont get into til after Christmas, which means I'll continue school for the rest of the semester in my wheel chair, because my back was getting bad. I was in line on Thursday at gamestop for black friday, but had to leave the store because standing was causing me quite a bit of pain. If I had stayed longer, I felt my hip was about to crack like the left one did years ago.

So, called Monday, was told they had a cancellation and could get me in Wednesday at 7:30 in the morning. I took it and thank god I did. I had to miss theater club meeting, but glad I went. Got an epidural, takes 2 to 7 days to kick in, and even then gotta take it slow and easy. Kinda hard resisting wanting to walk all around, but I know if I overdo it, this epidural will have been for nothing. So, I even bought a cane at walmart, to keep me walking slow and steady instead walking super fast, so I take my time. Got one more week of college before final exams. Gotta keep going to school, study then it's rest time for winter break and hopefully I'll be healed in the spring.

blackcauldron85

Oh, wow-- that's awesome that they got you in way sooner than you thought they could!! Rest up, and good luck on your final exams!!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I really hope nothing bad happens to you physically. I hope you can walk the way you want to again. Good luck with school! Keep going! You can do it!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I hope your rest does you well and I commend you for keeping at your studies :thumb:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Alright. Update. Been over a week since I've had my epidural. It seems to be working well. Been using a cane to walk so I don't overdue it, and limiting how much activity I do. I've even been able to use my tens unit less. So, it's looking good so far.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, that's great to hear!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The Saga is Over: RTV classes begin and got driver's lic

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Welp. I'm walking better with my back. Still having burning sciatic pain while walking from my left hip down my leg, but able to walk, but is troublesome at times. However, can't have an epdirual til bout April, so gonna try taking it easy.

The bigger news is that I took my driver's test and passed. I now have my driver's license. Which honestly, is weird. I knew I'd get it someday, but honestly I wasn't sure if or when I would. However, then I joined theater club, and my friends within that club inspired me to step up. That and my friends playing Pokemon Go, not just those who play within theater club. I have also joined Broadcasting club as well.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

So sorry about the pain in walking, but great to hear all the rest of your news! Getting your driver's license is a big deal! Congratulations!
blackcauldron85

You're definitely a trooper-- I'm so sorry you're in pain. With all of your activities, I hope you can take it easy!!

Woohoo! new clubs and Woooooooooooohooooooooo! getting your license!!! That is a huge accomplishment-- congrats!!! :clap:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:You're definitely a trooper-- I'm so sorry you're in pain. With all of your activities, I hope you can take it easy!!

Woohoo! new clubs and Woooooooooooohooooooooo! getting your license!!! That is a huge accomplishment-- congrats!!! :clap:
Well, that celebration was short lived. Thursday morning at 7 Am, I got to college, the parking lot was empty, went for a parking space, but accidentally sideswiped a big metal lamp pole. The car has apparenlty $6,000 of damage to it. I said several curse words when it happened, felt like giving up driving. My parents came up to help me out cause I had class I had to get to. The officer on campus ran my license and gave us a paper for the insurance. I had friends and teachers at school who helped me through it. Finally when I was okay and ready to move on, I got a phone call from my mom. My dad was in the psych ward. I was still in my advisors office about to leave, and said, Oh, this day keeps getting better and better :|

Dealing with the aftermath has been tough, but did drive today in another vehicle in in snowy weather and felt like I was walking a dog, but the dog wanted to go one way, but I pulled the steering wheel like pulling a leash to prevent it from happening and now crash. To be honest, more worried bout my dad. My mom called the psych ward to talk to him, but he refused to talk to her. He's not well and it scares me much more than any car damage or financial issues.

Disney Duster

Re: The Saga is Over: This is not going to go the way you th

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry about the crash and so, so sorry about your dad. I hope things get better soon.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I hope things are getting better with your Dad

As for your crash - Don't let an unpleasant incident deter you from driving. You're new to it, You've worked hard qualifiying and it's allowed you to meet up with many Friends. I know that seems obvious but you are going through a tough time

I'am thinking of you :star:
blackcauldron85

I'm so sorry about your dad, Michael. Even with him not feeling like speaking w/ his family, he surely is being taken care of at the facility. My thoughts are with him.

I'm glad no one (but the car) was hurt-- accidents are an unfortunate part of driving.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The Saga is Over: DJ Disney boy. car escapades and a pla

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Welp. In an hour and half from now, I am going to be on the radio at the local college station. My dj name is none other than : Disneyboy.

I also did voice tracks, where I made pre-recorded my voice to air at 6 am tomorrow central time. I've been nervous about this whole major, but after that I'm loving it. Apparently I overheard a teacher telling another that he's amazing, the normalizer barely needs to adjust myself, was impressed what a powerful voice I had.

So, if anyone wants to listen to me here's the link

http://899themax.com/listen.html

I'm also on Wednesdays from 3 to 5 pm central time and Saturdays from 11 to noon central time

I also ended up in a ditch when driving in the snow. Thankfully a couple guys pulled me out with their truck, then I almost fell off a hill due to my mom telling me to keep backing up, but opened my car door and told her there is no ground to step on when I get out of the car. Thankfully our road commissioner helped us out. I have had enough car escapades to last me a lifetime.

Anyway, I'm gonna get back to studying. Tonight I'm trying out for a play at a community theater. Please do not tell me break a leg though, my body is broken enough as it is.

Disney Duster

Re: The Saga is Over: DJ Disney boy, ditch and dad

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh man, when I tried to listen to you it said "Error No source video found". Maybe it's my computer? But it sounds like you're doing great in radio and I'm so glad! Sorry about your car, but it's really good you are keeping at it, you'll get better and better! And good luck with your play audition!