My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: My abnormal life: Pell or nothing....good grief....ugh..

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, jeeze, I really hope you get the Pell! Sounds like you made a better chance of happening, so here's hoping!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

If I get pell, I will use go fund me as a way to raise funds for airport storage costs, etc.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ok that sounds like a good idea.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

On Tuesday I find out if the pell appeal works or does not.

I sold some yugioh cards for about $400 and with donations that's raise about 700 ish. However, if this fails I'm going to use money I have to pay for 1 college class. It's more important to me to finish out taking classes at my community college than it does trying to get money to go on this trip.

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^I'm glad you have a smart backup idea!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:^I'm glad you have a smart backup idea!
Pell appeal aprroved! I'm now starting a work study too, so I'll earn some money that way to through the radio station at the college.

The stipulations are I cannot fail the classes nor drop them.

blackcauldron85

Re: My abnormal life: The Gamble worked! Pell, Paris and Fra

Awesome!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I'm so happy for you!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

This is absolutely fantastic news! I am so happy for you!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

and even better. My diploma for the radio and television from my college arrived in the mail. I officially graduated as of the fall 2019 and graduating with high honors :D

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow! Awesome! Congratulations!
blackcauldron85

Congratulations x 1000! That's a huge accomplishment!!!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Congratulations on your Diploma
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Re: My abnormal life: the virus and chaos

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Congratulations!!! :)
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Several things...

Ok, so most of you must know my situation but I´ll summarize it. I have several conditions. One is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and a weird condition (unique in the world) that causes me to suffer intense pain in the legs all the time. I live in Spain and I´m waiting for the resolution of my disability.

So, with all that´s happening in the world I´m worried about how much longer will it take for several things to be resolved. I already mentioned that one. Then there´s a free bus card for unemployed people (I not only need it for just moving around but for my medical appointments) that I don´t currently own and was in the process of getting. I have some medical appointments for May regarding a psychological evaluation (as you can see all this truly affects me) and even a minor surgery and I´m worried that it will be delayed as well.

Don´t know what to do.

Oh, on another thing that hurt me but in a way opened my eyes...

Remember a friend I told you about that I gave several presents (movies-TV series) and he hasn´t watched them even though it´s been years now?

He owns this site for movie-series-comic reviews (where I´m a writer as well).

So, in Spain we´ve been in lock down for 10 days now and it has been extended again through April 12. As such..., literally, nothing to do. As such, I suggested to him to watch one of the series I gave him that´s not even the entire series. Just the first Season that has 13 episodes. Do you know what he told me? That he prefers to watch things there are no articles for to review for the site (as I already reviewed the entire series).

...and that gave me a hint as to what to think of him. In terms of his personality.

So you mean to tell me that we have until April to live in a lock down (that could even be extended beyond that), there´s nothing to do for days (before he had movie passes to go to), I´m not talking about an entire series (that even then only has 4 Seasons) just one Season of 13 episodes (not even 23-26) and you tell me basically "No can do"?

I´m not in the position of let it bother me. Though it hurts of course. But what I mean is that it tells me something about his personality. That there´s something off with it (I always suspected as much for a long time).

Because this is your friend that gave you a gift, that you´ve had for years now, before you had the excuse you didn´t have time and now you don´t and it´s something doesn´t take an effort from his part (in this time there´s LITERALLY nothing else to do) and you still don´t do it?

Basically what I´m trying to say is that you have this friend that gave you a gift and when asked if you´re going to use it you say no.

A normal person would tell you "Yes I will or, if anything, I´ll give it a try".
blackcauldron85

My advice would be try calling the lawyer- in the past I think you've said it's hard to get a hold of him, right? If you just can't leave a message with the receptionist for the lawyer & you can't get a hold of the lawyer: Maybe Google the city/state/county/country disability office or advocate group, letting them know that you never can reach the lawyer. They may even be the ones who can advise if the bus passes are being delayed? If not them, is there a transportation department that handles those? You could contact one of those groups, asking if they know if the bus passes are being delayed, letting them know you do have medical appointments in May...

About your friend: Just because he'd rather watch something else doesn't mean he doesn't value your friendship. Have you ever been given a gift that you didn't use? I'm concerned that he may get resentful a bit that you ask about the gift all the time. Maybe he needed extra money and sold or traded it. Maybe he doesn't like being told what to watch/what to do. If besides this one issue he's a good friend, maybe just accept the fact that he's not interested. It doesn't mean it's a reflection on your friendship. Can you remain friends with him if he never watches it? If it bothers you that much, maybe you need to rethink the friendship, because if you care about him, I hope you don't turn him away because of this one issue. You said it doesn't take an effort on his part, but it does. Whether it's one episode of a half hour show or a 50-episode season, it's his personal time, you know? It's not fair to say "a normal person" would do or not do something... have you always followed your friends'/family's recommendations, for everything? If not, was it because you didn't like the person? My wish for your worrying about it, of course, would be to Let It Go, don't bring it up to not drive your friend away, don't give him more audio/video/media presents. If you gave him a food present or clothing or even a gift card, would you be offended if he never ate/wore/used it, or is it because you're such a fan of the show? Or maybe ask him, point blank, "This is the last time I bring it up, but I need to know exactly why you won't watch the gift I gave you in all these years; is it a reflection of our friendship," or something? Just have a heart to heart. If he won't or shrugs it off, can you stay friends with him knowing this issue bothers you so much?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I am so sorry you are going through this DC Fan! I really hope your disability goes away, and, if not that, you get bus passes and evaluations and surgeries that work and stuff to help you and make you better.

I will say, blackcauldron85 has written a post that I 100% agree with. I couldn't have said it better myself. Very well said, Amy!
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

The situation of the bus card it´s REALLY complicated.

-One of the requirements is that I´m unemployed for months. I am. However, I was also in the process of renewing my Resident ID that has taken months to be resolved. Since April of last year (don´t ask me why). I got a letter in late January that it was resolved and that I´d be renewed but that was it. I was supposed to receive another letter letting me know when to go get my new ID (I even went to Immigration Office where they told me so). But never got it. And I was just about to go ask what´s taking so long when this happened.

...I tell you all that because...

-In order for me to get the Bus Pass I need to keep renewing my file on the Department of Labor (where they wouldn´t let me because I didn´t have my Resident ID - and, no, they never give you anything as to proof or that can keep your life going until you get a new one-). So, I had to go trough several things in order for the Department of Labor to finally renew my file.

-I finally go ask for a renewal or new Bus Card and they told me that I was off date (some days) of renewing my file in the Department of Labor. The time it took for them to do so.

-So now I had to go back to the Department of Labor, get them to fix this and then go back and finally apply for my Bus Card.

As for my friend...

I´m sorry but there´s no way you can´t feel bad when you´ve given something to someone that has had it years and that he hasn´t gotten around to use. More so when we´re in a position that there´s NOTHING to do for days. And, believe me, I know he´ll LOVE the series. I know his tastes.

I mean, come on, I also gave him a movie as a present for last Christmas and he did watch it. Didn´t do it on a single viewing (took him 3) but he managed to do it and liked it. So there´s no reason he can´t do that for a 13 episode TV series.

More so, that when he´s always asking me to do things that he wants quickly or he gets upset.

Again, it doesn´t bother me in the sense that it before when I told the story. Just lets me down.

But yes, I will ask him again what´s the deal with it one last time and let it be done.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

PS

Let me give you an example of something related.....

As I said, I´m a writer of this movies-TV series site.

Because of all my personal issues I stopped reviewing some series that finished long ago. As such, you´d understand wouldn´t attract as much traffic as current ones. Yet I´m determined to finish them.

Still, there are some series that are current and he´s had them for long to post them on the site (he handles it) yet he asked me to work on the first Season on a new series and even claimed that there was no need for me to do reviews on finished series. I had to tell him something in the lines of: "So you complain that you want articles from me and that I´m somehow behind in the series yet you already have those articles. It´s up to you to work them and post them".
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Awwww, I'm so sorry it's like that DC Fan! I understand with the Bus Pass and your friend why you are so sad. I wish I could give you a hug. I hope things get better! I will pray for you.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disneyboy20022, I am wondering, how are you doing? I know you were so excited to go to London and Paris. I guess you can't go this summer, but maybe another time?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:Disneyboy20022, I am wondering, how are you doing? I know you were so excited to go to London and Paris. I guess you can't go this summer, but maybe another time?
Don't worry I'm alive and still here. Been busy with college a lot and tooth issues.

I was a bit behind and I still have 3 classes worth of assignments to get done by the 15th but I'm getting there. I got 2 classes already done and an A in both

The trip....I could have gotten a partial refund or I could go on the trip next summer. Which is what I'll be doing

Right now though....I'm having an emotional time.... my grandma who had cancer passed away on May 8th probably around 1 or 3 am in the morning.

So....yeah it's been an emotional week. I'll post more stuff later. I'm tired and I need some sleep