Old UD Members You Miss

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Goliath. :(

Jackoleen. :P

As others have said in the 'Forum Upgrade/Upheaval' thread, I'm concerned about this forum becoming something of a ghost town. Would a bout of forum drama solve this, or just make it worse? If the former, I'm happy to try and trigger some. :wink:
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I really miss Lars Vermundsberget. I don't think I've seen him for a good 4 or 5 years. He was from Norway, and could be the voice of reason sometimes.

Hope he's OK. I never even knew his age.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I miss Loomis and Escapay and DisneyKid

Though I still chat with Escapay and DisneKid on another forum and on facebook so technically I don't miss them since they are already still a part of my life.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I don't think the forums will ever be as active and friendly as they were three or four years ago - that was UD Forum's prime time.

Does anyone know what exactly caused Laz and Goliath to leave? Were either banned? I miss their posts.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Laz was put on suspension around September or October, and decided not to come back after. It should be over by now, but from what I gather from his words, his hiatus will be permanent.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Avaitor wrote:Laz was put on suspension around September or October, and decided not to come back after. It should be over by now, but from what I gather from his words, his hiatus will be permanent.
I actually asked about Lazario. I didn't know he'd decided to leave. :( That's too bad. He always had interesting opinions on films/etc. and I was hoping they'd lift the suspension so he'd come back.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Avaitor wrote:Laz was put on suspension around September or October, and decided not to come back after. It should be over by now, but from what I gather from his words, his hiatus will be permanent.
I actually asked about Lazario. I didn't know he'd decided to leave. :( That's too bad. He always had interesting opinions on films/etc. and I was hoping they'd lift the suspension so he'd come back.
Yeah, the board isn't really the same without him, is it?

He's on my forum now, and he did complete his Top 100 Contemporary Horror list there, among others.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Avaitor wrote: He's on my forum now, and he did complete his Top 100 Contemporary Horror list there, among others.
Mind sharing the link to your forum? I'm interested in seeing the rest of his list. :)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

PeterPanfan wrote:
Avaitor wrote: He's on my forum now, and he did complete his Top 100 Contemporary Horror list there, among others.
Mind sharing the link to your forum? I'm interested in seeing the rest of his list. :)
Tada!

Word of warning though- Laz gets a little lazier with his entries as he goes along. And if you can't view YouTube on wherever you're reading this, you'll be SOL for his last choices.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I've talk to Laz on Facebook a couple times. I don't blame him for leaving or the others for some of the trauma drama that happens around here. It's enough to drive someone batty including me at times. Like I said I talk to Escapay and Disneykid on another forum also as well as others who are still around here and those that have moved on. If someone wants me to post the link to this forum let me know

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyboy20022 wrote:If someone wants me to post the link to this forum let me know.
I'm letting you know.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

disneyboy20022 wrote:I've talk to Laz on Facebook a couple times. I don't blame him for leaving or the others for some of the trauma drama that happens around here.
dude, he was one of the few that practically pretty much starts them to begin with.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Super Aurora wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:I've talk to Laz on Facebook a couple times. I don't blame him for leaving or the others for some of the trauma drama that happens around here.
dude, he was one of the few that practically pretty much starts them to begin with.
That's true. I forgot how polarizing Laz could be. Thanks for reminding me. :D

also Sotiris here's the forum/website

www.fromscreentotheme.com

Mainly Escapay participates in a broadcast every Wednesday during something called The W.E.D.nesday Show where we all chat about all things Disney. That website also has other features such as where guests can write an articles about various Disney Experiences called Thursday Treasures. My Ultimate Disney experience of Meeting Roy E. Disney

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTreasures.aspx

Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

I was hoping that Lazario would come back after his suspension ended. At least I can still find him on other forums.

Goliath isn't banned or suspended, he simply stopped posting. The last time he was here was to thank people for wishing him a happy birthday.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Neither do I, but I do wish he had/would come back. I could talk to him through e-mail, but I always feel odd talking that way to people I only know online, for some reason. :huh:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Neither do I, but I do wish he had/would come back. I could talk to him through e-mail, but I always feel odd talking that way to people I only know online, for some reason. :huh:
I used to feel that way, but since most of my friends are from here I got over it by talking to Escapay a lot on facebook. One thing was going to chat with him while this W.E.D.nesday show was going on the fromscreentotheme.com website while the webmaster was on video doing a broadcast which made me get over that odd feeling. I feel like many people here and that I met on here and I still talk on facebook to them my best friends since I don't have a lot of friends to talk to in person.

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:Goliath. :(

As others have said in the 'Forum Upgrade/Upheaval' thread, I'm concerned about this forum becoming something of a ghost town. Would a bout of forum drama solve this, or just make it worse? If the former, I'm happy to try and trigger some. :wink:
Trust me, we ain't becoming a ghost town.

I do miss jackoleen. Not Goliath though. He was nice, but sometimes I think he had an unhealthy sense of cynicism rather than a healthy one.

Who I really miss is Escapay.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

ajmrowland wrote:
Dr Frankenollie wrote:Goliath. :(

Trust me, we ain't becoming a ghost town.

I do miss jackoleen. Not Goliath though. He was nice, but sometimes I think he had an unhealthy sense of cynicism rather than a healthy one.

Who I really miss is Escapay.
Escapay left because of all the trauma drama around here. I don't miss him since as I said I'm still in contact with him. If you have a facebook account I can give you his real name via a private message so you can find him on facebook. Also if you are on facebook let me know through a private message because I'd like to add you. Just let me know.

EDIT or you could read this article column he writes for on www.fromscreentotheme.com

http://fromscreentotheme.com/SaturdayMatinee.aspx

His Brother writes this column

http://fromscreentotheme.com/SundayBrunch.aspx

And our own Pap64 writes this column

http://fromscreentotheme.com/GamerTuesday.aspx

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I thought it was that site. Haven't been on their in ages!

Anyway I do have pap on FBI. I wouldn't mind adding you.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

ajmrowland wrote:I thought it was that site. Haven't been on their in ages!

Anyway I do have pap on FBI. I wouldn't mind adding you.
Brent Dodge's W.E.D.nesday Show broadcast is awesome. Apparently on Wednesday he's gong to have a very special guest