Scrooged: Yule Love It! Edition Delayed

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Scrooged: Yule Love It! Edition Delayed

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/scrooged.html

And the edition names get sillier.
Last edited by JiminyCrick91 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spongebob Squarepants
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spongebob Squarepants »

Paramount and their edition names. I'll be picking this up since I haven't gotten it already! A great Bill Murray movie! :D
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus,and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved"-Romans 10:9.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I'll probably wait until Black Friday for Scrooged: Yule Love It! Edition. I remember last year Airplane was on special on Black Friday.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I know one UD administrator who is going to be very happy about this news(<i>sans</i> the dumb edition name).

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Finchx0rz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Finchx0rz »

At least they kept the original poster art/DVD cover instead of using screencaptures stitched together by a Photoshop novice.
<a href="http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/" target="_blank">Got a question? Ask Google first.</a>
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Wow. I didn't see this one coming.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Not sure how I missed this until now, but...

Cool cover, not so cool name (but bearable). Excited for some good extras. This could make for the third Christmas in ten years that I get this movie! It is certainly a favorite of mine, so I'm happy to see it getting some holiday love.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

So.... as you can most likely tell the disc was delayed. :(
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Does anyone know how long it's been pushed back? Allmovie.com says it was due for last Tuesday of October, I guess they must have figured that Christmas was a better date to shoot for. So NoTorious was pushed back as well, that was supposed to be released in October, but I think it's out by now. Point being, that was a Paramount release as well. I hope it's for the best, like they take more / better care of the bonus features and all.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Lazario wrote:I guess they must have figured that Christmas was a better date to shoot for.
No way any studio would release a potentially high-selling Christmas DVD after Thanksgiving. We won't see it until late next October at the earliest I'm sure. Hopefully it comes then with everything announced and more (well, Paramount can feel free to change the edition name to something less lame).
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Or maybe they can just change "Yule Love It" to just plain "Special Edition". I have never seen this movie anyways.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Luke wrote:No way any studio would release a potentially high-selling Christmas DVD after Thanksgiving. We won't see it until late next October at the earliest I'm sure.
Well, I'm sure you would know better than I. But that's something I did consider. I was surprised when I heard this news, I never expected this to be the sort of movie Paramount granted a special edition too. I've heard people regard it as both "mean spirited," "too sappy," and everywhere inbetween and must have underestimated it's popularity.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Re: Scrooged: Yule Love It! Edition Delayed

Post by Marce82 »

Ok... I might be late to the party but... I am a fan of this movie. And it seems it was released in November 2023 on 4K...

... WITH ALL THE BONUS MATERIAL THEY HAD PROMISED BACK IN 2006!!!!!!

Only problem is, it is not a combo pack... so no regular blu ray. I don't have a 4K player and don't foresee ever buying one. I wonder if anyone knows a way to connect with Paramount to see if they have plans to release the movie in regular blu ray with all the bonus material...