DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:16 pm 
Platinum Edition

UmbrellaFish wrote:
The new podcast Julie’s Library is coming every Wednesday beginning April 29th. Listen to the trailer here: https://twitter.com/JuliesLibrary/statu ... 94978?s=20

I had left this thread open on my phone since you posted that, meaning to listen to the trailer, and I totally forgot!! I just listened to it- that's such a great idea, posting a different book every week, read by Julie and her daughter, and with input from kids! I love it!

MerPrincessJamie wrote:
One of my friends worked with her on SOM. I'll definitely ask to see if I can at least talk to her at some point soon

That's amazing that you have a friend that worked on The Sound of Music!!!! :pink: That would be an amazing opportunity to speak with Julie! Please keep us posted!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 pm 
Gold Collection

MerPrincessJamie wrote:
One of my friends worked with her on SOM. I'll definitely ask to see if I can at least talk to her at some point soon

That's amazing that you have a friend that worked on The Sound of Music!!!! :pink: That would be an amazing opportunity to speak with Julie! Please keep us posted!!![/quote]

Thanks. She played Gretel and is the sweetest person on this planet, but this is the one question that I've been thinking of asking her.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:29 pm 
Platinum Edition

I think the worst that she can say is obviously, No, and you can say you've tried, but it's possible she's say We'll see! Or Yes!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:04 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Jamie, you absolutely must ask your friend if you can contact Julie some way!! I’ve never met or spoken to her directly, but I know she is always appreciate of and grateful for her fans. Let us know what happens!

In Julie-news, she was supposed to engage in another leg of her speaking tour this summer and this spring she was to appear at the TCM Film Festival and receive AFI’s Lifetime Achievement Award— but all those events have been cancelled or postponed. This week, she’s appeared on several talk shows from her home to promote her new podcast “Julie’s Library” which debuts tomorrow!

EDIT: The first episode, “Marilyn’s Monster,” is out now and it is just as lovely as you’d expect: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/j ... 8KBDYQ4C5Y

EDIT: About an hour into the new Happy Days of Garry Marshall special, there is some wonderful, never before seen BTS footage of The Princess Diaries and The Princess Diaries II. A particular highlight is a small montage of bloopers with Julie Andrews swearing and flubbing lines, juxtaposed with new interview footage where she denies the swearing ever happened! :lol:

EDIT: Julie Andrews will executive produce remake of late husband’s movie “10”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.c ... 36196/amp/

In 2014 Julie signed on to executive produce an animated movie based on the Pink Panther character introduced in her husband’s films, but nothing seems to have ever come from that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:34 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Today is Dame Julie Andrews’ 85th Birthday!!! :party: :party: :party:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:06 am 
Limited Edition

Happy 85th birthday to the Queen!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12