Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

dvdjunkie wrote:ajmrowland wrote:
If anyone here gets the book, can they please scan it? I already pre-ordered the regular combo from Amazon for release-day delivery.
See what you miss when you can't wait until you see what the big stores are offering. The Best Buy release has a 'bonus disc' along with the 24-page book - and at $27.99 plus I have $10 in Reward Zone certificates, I am going to get it all for less than $20.

If you don't mind it being opened, I will sell you my copy of the book. Make me an offer that I can't refuse.
Well, I cant make an offer you cant refuse. I barely have any money as is. The other reason is this is the internet. People scan book pages and upload them all the time. Or they at least take pictures. And I dont get out of the house very often these days. I'm busy with working on my computer-which includes animation, some youtube videos, etc.-I dont have a driver's license nor a car, and the alternative is spending five hours longer at my parents' workplace than I need.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Scarred4life wrote:^ Yeah, that's exactly what I plan on doing. The cheapest I can find for prices is $16, where did you get yours?
I got mine at Walmart. I was actually surprised it was as low as it was (I bought some cadbury eggs with the extra :wink: ). I'm not sure if Walmart has a standard price that an item sells for at all their stores, or if it's a store-by-store basis kind of thing.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Yeah, at the one near me, it's $19.99. (And your money was well spent on those eggs. :P)
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Picked up the Four-disc set on Blu-ray at Best Buy for $22.99 less my $10 Reward Zone Gift Certificate, my total was $12.99 plus tax.

Four Disc includes 2 Blu-ray/DVD/Bonus Disc (Best Buy Exclusive)/Digital Copy.

All the single-disc Blu-rays I saw at Best Buy were $16.99 and at Wal-Mart they were $19.86 and the 3-disc Blu-ray Combo Pack was 26.86.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Just noticed something: When Scabior asks Harry what his name is and as Harry replies, "Vernon Dudley," Greyback pulls Harry's wand from the inside of his coat and throws it away! Movie mistake...or is this another plot change they are making?

Oh, and I paused it when Greyback holds it in his hand for a few seconds and it does not seem broken at all. It looks like one piece.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

magicalwands wrote:Just noticed something: When Scabior asks Harry what his name is and as Harry replies, "Vernon Dudley," Greyback pulls Harry's wand from the inside of his coat and throws it away! Movie mistake...or is this another plot change they are making?

Oh, and I paused it when Greyback holds it in his hand for a few seconds and it does not seem broken at all. It looks like one piece.
I don't think that's Harry's actual wand. I think that's the one Ron stole from a snatcher while he was separated from Harry and Hermione. It seems as though we never see Harry's own wand again since, according to the test screenings, [color]Harry never repairs his wand using the Elder one. He merely snaps the Elder wand in half at the Hogwarts bridge without so much as mentioning his own.[/color] Pretty odd thing to leave out, in my opinion, and it raises the question of why even break the wand in Part I to begin with.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Well, my Leakycon experience has begun.

After much research, I found the hotel, the park, got registered for Leakycon(no paid activities though :( ) and sorted out most of the issues involving information and changing one of the registrations(My dad is with me instead of my sister).

We departed from the Outagamie County Airport at 5:50AM, Central Time. That meant I only got an hour's sleep. We left the house shortly after 4:30, when I forgot most of my DVDs-goodbye HP marathon-and boarded the plane effortlessly and landed in Milwaukee where I got a Blanco Mocha from the coffee place-not as sweet as a regular mocha, which I usually get at Micky D's-and then had some French Toast from Johnny Rockit's. They dont even serve shakes at breakfast time. The rest of the flight was nice enough. I slept then, after perusing the Noble Collection page of the airline catalog and drooling over Lucius Malfoy's Walking Stick, and we got off at the Orlando International Airport. Talk about huge. We had to take a shuttle to the baggage claim and even then we had to go down a floor.

Not without stopping at the Universal Gift shop though. If I was excited about the Wizarding World before, I was even more excited after seeing the whole half of the small store that was devoted to Potter. Light-up Remembralls, little Golden Snitches, Wand Replicas, Honeyduke's sweets, Chocolate Frogs that actually came in movie tin packaging, and same for the Bertie Bott's Beans. The shelves were topped with musty old books and dusty old trunks too and Neville's Waltz was playing in the background. Didnt buy anything, but it definitely whet my apetite and the constant ads I saw afterwards(a giant cardboard display on the exterior wall of the gift shop and a billboard with Harry using a 3D sculpted wand! :O) only made me want tomorrow to come even more. I dont care if I'm missing the opening festivities, I'm going to the Con whether I have to pay admission to Universal or not!

We then skipped the Disney Store and went to claim our bags. After a few minutes of trying to figure out ground transportation, we found a pay shuttle service-Mears-that would take us to the hotel cheaper than a taxi. It was a well-kept van for sure. There were a couple other groups in the same car. After going down Universal Blvd with palm trees on both sides(totally hollywood), we were the first dropped off at the Point Orlando Resort.

How does it fair? Quite good. It's 3 1/2 stars and the "Junior Executive Suite" was in our price range. Nice roo-607H-though it's only one bed and the couch has a pullout. It has a mini-kitchen and overlooks the outdoor pool. We sweated our way to Walgreens shortly after while trying to figure out our plans for the day and hydrated on the way back with a new pair of sunglasses, sunscreen that we conviently forgot to pack, and snacks for the kitchen.

Afterwards, I decided to go swimming, but after an hour or so of waiting around for the pool to be cleared of so many people I dont know, I decided I'll just go in the last hour before closing, if I make it back in time. That's when I took a shower and now I'm writing this.

We decided to go to Disney today, but due to cost and different hours of the parks, we may end just hit Downtown Disney when the sun is set and the cooler air comes. Havent been to Disney World since I was 7, and kinda wanted to go. it was his suggestion-and we found the dinner-theaters to be a little amateur looking or I did anyway-but it would've been $170 for just an afternoon and DD is at least free.

So far, a pretty good 21st. I feel like I just jumped a fence I've been staring at for a long, long time. The pool has a bar, so maybe......
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Just got back from Downtown Disney. We waited like hours for the right bus, and just when we were about to give up, it came.

We went to-in order-Once Upon A Toy, then we had 4 cheese Pizza and Alfredo Pasta at Wolfgang Puck's. I bought a few things from Goofy's Candy Co. They were two cupcaked(4th of July and Princess) and a Mickey Apple(In a tux). It took them a few minutes to package and costed me $20. I'm gonna eat them soon. I was thirsty right after, so we went to the Ice Cream company from San Francisco(forgot the name) and I got a Nob Chill shake and my Dad got a cone. Then we checked out that awesome World of Disney Store. Stitch sold me on that one. He should get a raise for that. It was pretty awesome with all the Toys(none TSC though :( ) the clothing like Villains In Vogue and stuff was really cool and they showed nothing but previews and music videos on a ceiling TV above a nice miniature Cinderella's Castle. Also, Pics from the Pirates inside and from the Dragon Maleficent Lego recreation outside. I'll get them up as soon as I can.

On the way home, I became a bit of a sour puss. And for good reason. For one, my Dad for some reason didnt have the common sense to say the things necessary to convince me that Lynx Busline was not what we needed. And for a while, we didnt notice that the Tram service ended at 10:30 and it was around midnight. Then when we were in the nearby hotel the guy called us a cab and gave a warning I didnt hear about some Taxi hustler who doesnt belong to a company and rips people off and my dad tries to tell me that, and the first thing that comes to mind is how stupid he is not to think this guy might actually need the worthless paper more than we do and that was an hour of pissed off. Still a good night, though. Hopefully, I can last the week without becoming a murderer.jk
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Thread (SPOILERS!!!

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Just noticed last night there's another illustrated version of the series that started last year, a MinaLima Edition. They're being released around every Halloween. Something else to buy. :lol: I knew Jim Kay would take a while with OotP considering it's the longest one, but it's the one I'm most looking forward to at the same time.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"