What is your favorite animal?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I've always loved dogs, monkeys, and squirrels. They're just all so cute! Dogs are friendly and like to play, and monkeys are just cool, how they can move through the trees and whatnot (and how they steal food from each other...), and squirrels have cute tails and are cute when they eat acorns...

Yeah, that was my poor excuse of saying why I like these animals... :)
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Wolves.
Jasmine1022
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jasmine1022 »

I took Acting ll this past semester at school, and in that class we studied animals. The animal I chose was the crane. I thought they were quiet and serene and nice.

BOY, WAS I WRONG.

Dude, don't ever mess with a crane. Seriously, they'll go all ghetto on you. One minute they're chilling in their exhibit, preening, the next minute I walk up and they start ruffling their feathers, screaming, and running at me. It was horrifying. It was kinda fun in class, though, to scare away the other animals :)

I just felt like sharing that. I thought it was...an interesting tidbit.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

A tie between Tigers and Snakes, coz I admire them for their looks and their power. My favourite tshirt has a tiger on it, and I once really wanted a snake for a pet, but u don't have to ask me what my parents' reaction was. LOL
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

My favorite domestic animal is a dog. They're just so comforting (Assuming they're well trained and nice) and are a good pet to have around.

My favorite "wild" animal is the moose. They just fascinate me, and I love how they randomly walk in front of cars. :P
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Another favorite is, and one of the cutest animals ever, I think:

4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Anything furry/cuddly :).

Cat family: domestic cats, tigers, lion cubs (I hate grown-up lions, I find them ugly :))

Dog family: big dogs (like labs, retrievers, St. Bernards, Tornjaks, not chihuahas and dogs like that), foxes, wolves

Rodents: hamsters, mice, rats

Oh, and I really loved elephants when I was little.
"A typical ideologue of all things social justice for the sake of sounding smart and politically proper."

:bow:
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Re: What is your favorite animal?

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Penguins
Squirrels
Elephants
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Turtles, sea turtles and wolves.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Well, I love dogs as so many people do. I like smaller pups for pets— I’m wild about dachshunds because that’s what my favorite pet was growing up.

I’ve always loved bottlenose dolphins, ever since I was a little boy. Probably because of beach trips. I had lot of books and little figurines that looked like dolphins. I used to go through our pantry to make sure that every can of tuna had the dolphin safe seal!

I love fish! I’ve always wanted an aquarium, but I couldn’t fit one in my room now. But I’ve read very extensively on the proper way to care for a betta fish and what they need to be most comfortable (I hate the way so many of us mistreat pet fish, like putting them in too small spaces) so I’ll be prepared when I make the jump!

Bears. In high school, I used to joke with my friends that I was pissed our ancestors chose to domestic a saber tooth instead of a prehistoric bear. I mean, no shade to cats, but wouldn’t domesticated bears have been awesome?!?! I like to imagine a full grown domesticated bear being the size of a very huggable teddy bear... ahh, I can dream can’t I?

Also, swans and ducks. Swans sort of scare me (actually a lot of birds scare me!), but I think they are very beautiful. If I ever get married and my groom doesn’t object, I’d like our wedding cake topper to be two swans. As for ducks— they’re kind of silly and that makes them all the more wonderful. The duck was actually an important factor in my coming out of the closet, as strange as that sounds. And honestly, one of my favorite memories of working at the Magic Kingdom were the mornings before guests came in and pairs of male and female ducks would sort of patrol the hub around Cinderella Castle. I <3 those Disney ducks!

Speaking of Disney theme park animal residents, Disneyland is famous for its feral cat population but WDW is supposed to have its share of kittens, too. I only saw one once, again in the morning hours before guests arrived. The cat was standing above the main entrance tunnel, where the train station is. Any other parks fans see any Disney cats, at any of the parks?
blackcauldron85

UF wrote: I used to go through our pantry to make sure that every can of tuna had the dolphin safe seal!
I love fish!
Awww!! That's great! Did you ever find one without the seal- did you let your parents know, or just secretly throw it away?
(Nice segue into your love of fish, btw!!)

UF wrote: (actually a lot of birds scare me!)
Same...when I lived in NC, the birds made nests in the shrubbery and would dive-bomb me when walking my dog; I've never been the same since.
UF wrote:If I ever get married and my groom doesn’t object, I’d like our wedding cake topper to be two swans.
That's super sweet!
UF wrote:Any other parks fans see any Disney cats, at any of the parks?
Not cars, but bunnies @ WDW!! Especially at Epcot.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
UF wrote: I used to go through our pantry to make sure that every can of tuna had the dolphin safe seal!
I love fish!
Awww!! That's great! Did you ever find one without the seal- did you let your parents know, or just secretly throw it away?
(Nice segue into your love of fish, btw!!)
No, not that I remember at least. If I did, I probably would have thrown it away immediately! And deal with the aftermath later...
blackcauldron85 wrote:
UF wrote: (actually a lot of birds scare me!)
Same...when I lived in NC, the birds made nests in the shrubbery and would dive-bomb me when walking my dog; I've never been the same since.
Oh no! That’s traumatizing! That’s why birds are so scary to me— they have the upper hand on us. Like, if Jurassic Park happened and pterodactyls were free roaming, I would stay inside my house for the rest of my life! I once read that swans’ wings were so powerful they could kill a person, but I’ve since read that this is erroneous— swans’ (and I guess similar birds like geese?) wings are not strong enough to cause more damage in humans than a few broken bones. So, still nothing I’d want to mess with!
blackcauldron85 wrote:
UF wrote:Any other parks fans see any Disney cats, at any of the parks?
Not cars, but bunnies @ WDW!! Especially at Epcot.
Oh I don’t remember seeing any bunnies? That’s awesome! We used to have some bunnies at the apartment complex I just moved from. Back in Florida, I once saw a black snake rustling in the shrubs outside our apartments. I know most snakes are harmless, but they terrify me! Another thing in Florida— those little lizards everywhere! Almost as common as any kind of insect! We don’t have any lizards like that in Tennessee so it was so strange to see them all over the place like that.
blackcauldron85

Lol, I meant "not cats," not cars! #autocorrect

The geckos and anoles (idk the difference) and skinks! My dog Bean is obsessed with lizards and if he catches them, he maims them. :shifty:

Pterodactyls = nightmare fuel

Canada @ Epcot tends to have the most bunnies!