New Scooby Doo DTV Coming Q4 2006: Pirates Ahoy!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
2099net
Signature Collection

New Scooby Doo DTV Coming Q4 2006: Pirates Ahoy!

Post by 2099net »

I cannot explain my love for Scooby Doo (When it's done properly). Scooby Doo is, I think, the ultimate children's formula. Everything just... works. The characters, the humour, the little thrills and chills. That's why it's so sad when they decided to change the formula - an action that results without fail in disaster.

I mean, have you read the synopsis of the new Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get A Clue?
In the new cartoon, Shaggy and Scooby live in the 'bling'd-out mansion' (The WB's words, not mine) of Shaggy's Uncle Albert. They still have the Mystery Machine, but it can now transform into one of a number of transportation modes. Scooby Snacks are still available, but they are now infused with nano-technology that allows Scooby to fly or turn into a giant robot. Their mission is to keep the Scooby Snacks away from those who would use them for evil.
You know, somebody actually got paid to think that crap up. :roll:

No, the old-style, classic formula is the best. Always was and always will be. So what if every story is the same? Nobody is saying each and every episode/movie is a classic. It's just pure escapism.

Personally, I think we are at the end of another period of Scooby Doo greatness. What's New Scooby Doo? matched the original Scooby Doo Where Are You...? in greatness and was back to formula, but added its own forth-wall busting jokes playing with the formula without showing any contempt (like the 'live-action films did). In addition, the DTV movies, bar the odd disappointment (Yes, Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost I'm talking about you) have been entertaining fun.

I was worried that the arrival of Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get A Clue would mean the end of the Mystery Inc. gang and their ongoing investigations.

Jinkies! was I was wrong?

"Well gang, it looks like we've got another mystery to solve."
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database