DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:29 pm 
Platinum Edition

Lol, that's kinda hilarious. It would probably seem in poor taste if they were to release it on 4K right now, especially since WB is already getting flack for not speaking out against JK Rowling's transphobic comments when pretty much everyone else has (from Daniel Radcliffe to Eddie Redmayne to Universal Parks itself).

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:32 pm 
Platinum Edition

Yeah, I’m only surprised it didn’t already have some kind of foreword-esque disclaimer providing context to the content. Too bad this temporary removal is being used as an excuse for some phony outrage by the monsters in the world to deflect from police brutality and murder. But at the same time it's not surprising at all.

Dolly Parton, Jordin Sparks, Sara Evans, Monica, Rita Wilson ~ "Pink"
Sara Evans ~ "Anywhere"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:29 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Lol, that's kinda hilarious. It would probably seem in poor taste if they were to release it on 4K right now, especially since WB is already getting flack for not speaking out against JK Rowling's transphobic comments when pretty much everyone else has (from Daniel Radcliffe to Eddie Redmayne to Universal Parks itself).

Yeah I don't expect it now, but probably in 2024.

Companies are never genuine, Warner and Disney "care" when it benefits them, but they'll ignore when it's not, so they probably don't want to cut ties with Rowling (though I wouldn't say the Fantastic Beasts is that successful and I won't be surprised if it the next films flop).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:22 am 
Platinum Edition

farerb wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:

Yeah I don't expect it now, but probably in 2024.

Companies are never genuine, Warner and Disney "care" when it benefits them, but they'll ignore when it's not, so they probably don't want to cut ties with Rowling (though I wouldn't say the Fantastic Beasts is that successful and I won't be surprised if it the next films flop).

That's why I'm surprised Universal Parks spoke out but good for them. I also saw on social media that Tom Felton liked one of JK Rowling's recent tweets (a particularly defensive one about her views). Apparently Tom is rarely active so when he likes something, it's not an accident and he really means it. That's a real shame knowing he isn't an ally. Thank goodness we have Daniel Radcliffe (Harry), Emma Watson (Hermione), Katie Leung (Cho), and Eddie Redmayne (Newt) on our side because they all spoke out against JK Rowling in a very civil but firm manner.

Personally I'm a big fan of Fantastic Beasts so I hope the next one doesn't flop. Although I'm certainly more pleased with how people blamed the failure of The Crimes of Grindelwald on Rowling lol.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:58 am 
Platinum Edition

HBO Max has added a contextual video playing before the movie, and contextual bonus features:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... xt-1300250

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:48 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I just watched the intro from Dr Jacqueline Stewart, which now autoplays before you watch Gone With the Wind on HBO Max. She does a great job with explaining the hurtful racial history behind Gone With the Wind. Although I hope they refilm it after quarantine is over, Dr Stewart’s bookshelves are enviable but the intro will look better if it’s filmed inside TCM’s studios.

They added a panel from the TCM Film Festival, too, called “Gone With the Wind: A Complicated Legacy.” I look forward to learning something new when I check it out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:29 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Here's the introduction for anyone who is interested:
https://youtu.be/0DF2FKRToiQ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:02 am 
Platinum Edition

UmbrellaFish wrote:
I just watched the intro from Dr Jacqueline Stewart, which now autoplays before you watch Gone With the Wind on HBO Max. She does a great job with explaining the hurtful racial history behind Gone With the Wind.

Agreed. I'm glad they used an expert instead of a random celebrity. I wish more controversial projects used this approach instead of just resorting to censorship. Hiding away our ugly past and pretending it never existed doesn't help us learn or grow.