Harry Potter and the Goblet of File (Videogame)

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
2099net
Signature Collection

Harry Potter and the Goblet of File (Videogame)

Post by 2099net »

Well, has anyone else got this? I got my Xbox version yesterday, but only really had time to play it today.

I really don't know what to make of it. Upto 3 players can play togther, and it's clearly designed to be played as such. It's a shame, because they have really tried with the graphics, but most of the time everything is zoomed out too far. I really do hate the camera on most of these 3D games.

Graphically, the game has been given another overhaul, with the graphics now more realistic rather than cartoony, like the previous games.

The Hogwart's Exterior level is simply superb, from the sound of the Hogwarts Choir singing when you're outside the main hall, to the rain running down the roofing. Also, the Dragon level has similar amazing graphics, and you really get a sense of speed. Like the previous game, the three main characters talk to each other.

The Forbidden Forest level is similarly details, but it just doesn't work, like most games, their seems to be "invisible" walls halting your progress. But it has some good set-pieces.

The game was very confusing to start off with, the opening level, the Death Eaters at the Quidditch match site is very confusing, and even now after I've been playing it for a bit, it can get confusing with 2 computer controlled players "helping" you out.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database