How To Support the Site

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

How To Support the Site

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Contribute directly through Stripe
If you love UD and have some change to spare please consider making a direct contribution to help cover ongoing expenses. DVDizzy has maintenance costs including hosting, security, developers, and more. Even a few dollars can help keep the forum running smoothly.

https://dvdizzy.com/contribution.html

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Support us by purchasing your favorite finds through Entertainment Earth
If you are making purchase for a book, toy, or collectible through Entertainment Earth, support us by using our link:

https://www.kqzyfj.com/click-100729391-14395543
"Entertainment Earth® is a pioneer in the collectibles and toy industry, offering unparalleled expertise and an ever-expanding selection of tens of thousands of licensed products, ranging from popular toy and gift items to high-end limited edition pieces and hard-to-find collectibles. Founded in 1996 and based in Simi Valley, California, Entertainment Earth is renowned for its popular website, print catalog, and groundbreaking best practices that include Mint Condition Guaranteed™, Risk Free Shopping, and Hassle Free 90-Day Returns."
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Support us through your Amazon purchases
If you're making a Disney DVD purchase from Amazon, you know just how to support UD in the process, right? You just click on the site's link for that particular item.

But what if you're buying a DVD from Amazon that isn't Disney? Or what about something from Amazon that, God forbid, isn't a DVD at all? You can still directly support UD, and all it takes is visiting Amazon through this link:

https://amzn.to/3DqaqTF

There might be an even easier way to do this that I'm not aware of, but even as it is, it's only the slightest bit of extra effort on your part. And isn't helping to keep this wonderful site going, and helping along the wonderful people who keep it going, worth just that tiniest bit of effort next time you buy something from Amazon? :)

-Aaron
Last edited by AwallaceUNC on Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

I'll keep that in mind for future purchases! Problem is, my parents don't wanna buy any more off the internet... :( Anyhow, I'll remember this.

Question: Can this also work on Amazon.co.uk links?
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I've updated the original post in this thread with what should be much easier to follow instructions. Hope this helps!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

DisneyFan 2000 wrote:Question: Can this also work on Amazon.co.uk links?
UD has a different affiliate code for Amazon.co.uk purchases. The process is still the same, but to make the link, you'd use:

Code: Select all

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/INSERT NUMBER HERE/ultimatedisne-21
AwallaceUNC wrote:I've updated the original post in this thread with what should be much easier to follow instructions. Hope this helps!

-Aaron
I missed this thread in the past, but it's much appreciated! The "link enhancer" script from Amazon, however, that gives us the dotted lines with details, also screws up the simple URLs in your post. I don't seem to be able to disable the script for just this one thread, so it makes your post look a lot more confusing than it really is, unfortunately.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Luke wrote:UD has a different affiliate code for Amazon.co.uk purchases. The process is still the same, but to make the link, you'd use:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/INSERT NUMBER HERE/ultimatedisne-21
Oh no! I just ordered some books for school from the Amazon UK site and used the other code unaware that you had to use the "ultimat..." code instead. I'm really sorry... :(
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Wonderlicious wrote:Oh no! I just ordered some books for school from the Amazon UK site and used the other code unaware that you had to use the "ultimat..." code instead. I'm really sorry... :(
Well if it hasn't gone through yet, you can cancel your order and re-place it with the UD link.

If that doesnt' work, at least your intentions were noble!

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

AwallaceUNC wrote:Well if it hasn't gone through yet, you can cancel your order and re-place it with the UD link.

If that doesnt' work, at least your intentions were noble!

-Aaron
I've just done what you said. That's one of the pros in Amazon being slow. :lol:
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: How To: Support the Site with Non-Disney Purchases

Post by Escapay »

Hey, thanks Aaron! That's the one I was looking for in Sears, lol.

Anyways, my online purchases are few and far between these days, but I'll definitely remember this next time I'm looking and seriously thinking about buying something (be it DVD, sofa, condoms, etc.)

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Re: How To: Support the Site with Non-Disney Purchases

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Escapay wrote:condoms
I couldn't help but search... yes, they do sell them. So remember kids- support UD with your purchases! :headshake:

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
creid
Gold Classic Collection

Buying Other Products Off Of Links

Post by creid »

Does ordering extra movies with a link to Disney product on Amazon helpful. Just pre-ordered Rareties and Kiss Of Death (the 1940's noir with Richard Widmark not David Caruso).

I had to order more product so I could get free shipping.
creid
(The babysitter bandit)...“stealing the valuable objects it took a family a lifetime to shop for.” – The Simpsons
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Buying Other Products Off Of Links

Post by Luke »

creid wrote:Does ordering extra movies with a link to Disney product on Amazon helpful. Just pre-ordered Rareties and Kiss Of Death (the 1940's noir with Richard Widmark not David Caruso).

I had to order more product so I could get free shipping.
Yes, they do. Thanks for the support!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

I'm sure Luke would appreciate it, if every member could by one or two copies of this! :o

:lol:
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

:jawdrop:
Talk about a lot of movies.
It's a good thing that I'm not getting that set, as the tax on that item to get into the UK is gonna be a big one.
creid
Gold Classic Collection

Can't Support That Much

Post by creid »

:jawdrop:

That's two hundred movies. Afraid can't get it because I already have a about a quarter of the movies.

CR
Last edited by creid on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
creid
(The babysitter bandit)...“stealing the valuable objects it took a family a lifetime to shop for.” – The Simpsons
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Hi

Post by Disney Guru »

Oh wow, if I could afford it I would buy that set in a minnute tons of great goodies in there. Even though I have a bunch of them alreaddy.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Bumping this. This should be a sticky.... It took me ages to find the instructions again

:)
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

DisneyFan 2000 wrote:Bumping this. This should be a sticky.... It took me ages to find the instructions again

:)

Good idea!
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

thanks, aaron. I never knew that. Since I buy off amazon a lot, I'll be sure to support UD through this.
Last edited by Alan on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

A couple weeks ago, I used the instructions here and was able to order Garbo: The Signature Collection and support UD at the same time! Go me! Bring out a dancing elephant! :pink:

Anyways, I think my next Amazon purchase will be around November (Muppet Movies perhaps), and since I'll be using UD's links anyway, I won't have to figure out the links stuff! Too bad I can't use this on Marketplace items...

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Escapay wrote:Too bad I can't use this on Marketplace items...
For Marketplace, you can use this type of link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/associates/link-types/marketplace.html?t=thehomeimprovemz&asin=ASINGOESHERE
where the last part is obviously unique to the item, same as before.