DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:16 pm 
Limited Edition

I suppose that is true, life is rather unpredictable, in a way, and that's the beauty of it, isn't it? That it leads us to different paths? I don't think our world would be the same if we all went towards the same career or goals (and even then, at least back in the day you didn't even need to go to college to work in certain fields), but at least it would be nice if we were a little more prepared, or society at large gave us time to reflect, or just schools tried to help us (I know some do, but others really...Don't). I know usually at around 15/16/17 is when you start thinking about it, but man at that age a lot of kids were more concerned about trivial teen stuff over the genuine important stuff...And school really demotivates anyone.

I'll take your prayers. I really need any prayers or positive thoughts in any manner possible these months, for the studying, to pass the exams, to get money again, and also for my papers to be in order and there's no legal issue and I can enter into this alright. I'm also traveling on Sunday and it's been chaotic to pack all the stuff I had lying around, and I fear I don't think I'll manage to pack everything (I'm only allowed to take 3 suitcases).

And Goliath and Duster were Sonny and Cher.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:20 am 
Limited Edition

Well, I didn't pass the test. There's another chance to do it next year, and my parents have given me the opportunity to completely dedicate myself to studying the whole year for it. I can do it, since honestly, I did manage to understand all the new information I was gathering, but I still feel very sad and uncertain at times. To pass for this exam there are like, 7-8 exams, and while only the first two are about studying, they could easily fail me in one of the psychological tests. :( I know I don't really have the best personality, but I'm not sure what else can I do aside from maybe reading therapy books or the like to get a positive result. I just wish I had passed the first one so I wouldn't end up like this, I've only got one last chance, and it's just annoying I couldn't pass from the first exam, if only because I would want to know the details of the psychological tests to not fail those.

Sorry if lately I've been so cranky, it's just that honestly these months have been very stressful for me, doing chores every single day while studying all this completely new information.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:59 am 
Platinum Edition

:( :( :( I am so sorry. To put so much hard work into the test to not pass is heartbreaking; I really am sorry. Are you going to take your parents up on their offer? You know how there are study books/website for the SAT/LSAT/other standardized tests? I wonder if you Google "test preparation" or something for this test, or even "diplomatic academy psychological" if you'll get some insight into that part of the test to prepare for it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:12 pm 
Limited Edition

Yes, I think I will. Honestly, my biggest problem was the fact that I really only had a month and a half for preparing for this test, and I would've needed more time. I think with a whole year, I can manage. Besides, the studies aren't that hard, and I found it also very fun. Without all the stress of time, I think I can manage.

In the meantime, as well as studying, taking my own pace, I'm doing what you're saying, Amy, finding psychological tests online to practice with them. They're fun and don't require much if any studying, so it helps me also to loosen up when I'm too overfilled with the studies. I think this year I'm also gonna try improving my French, since knowing more languages always helps, and my French is a little rusty.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:41 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'm sorry. :( At least you have a second chance to take the test thanks to your parents. Good luck. :up: :)

Bernadette Peters (Smash) ~ "At Your Feet"
Bette Midler (Gypsy) ~ "Some People"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:09 pm 
Platinum Edition

Look at you taking the bull by the horns! "Yeah, I've already started studying, and taking psychological tests, and brushing up on my French, no big deal." I am super proud of you!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:04 am 
Platinum Edition

Oh, I am so sorry you failed the test the first time, thedisneyspirit. But I'm glad you have a second chance, that's awesome, and that you think with more time, you will pass! So, yes, keep studying and practicing! You're awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:08 am 
Collector's Edition

I'am sorry, disneyspirit. Don't give up though. You're evidently a hard worker and although I don't likely know you offline you come across as both confident and caring from how you post :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:30 pm 
Platinum Edition

Venting is good...I can't breathe good. Almost 2 years ago I developed a cough. (5 months after starting my current job.) My doctor tried everything, and nothing helped. Then at the beginning of this year, I started seeing an allergist/asthma doctor (I've had asthma since I was born). I'm allergic to so much. But I started getting allergy shots, and my cough went away for a few months. Then it came back with a vengeance, and I can't breathe good. My primary care doctor and my allergist have pretty much done all they can do. So I just asked for a referral to a pulmonologist (lung doctor) since my mom suggested it. It's scary when you can't breathe good and you've tried everything, and the doctors and nurses ask if your inhaler helps, and you say kind of, for the briefest of moments...and they ask if a certain allergy pill, the one that is supposed to help with mold, is one I've tried; I say yes, and it did nothing.

I mentioned "5 months after starting my current job" because my doctor, who works for the company I work for, said that there's a major mold problem in our buildings. But she said that any old building in Florida will have a mold issue. I saw a different allergy doctor on Tuesday, and he insinuated that I don't work there anymore, that I find another job, somewhere where I can breathe... :( :o :shock: :? :oops: :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:39 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'm so sorry, bc85! :( I hope that doctors can help you and that you won't have to leave your job, or that, if you do have to leave your job, your health will improve proving the work environment was the problem and you'll be able to find another job quickly (and one that you enjoy!).

Bernadette Peters (Smash) ~ "At Your Feet"
Bette Midler (Gypsy) ~ "Some People"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:53 pm 
Platinum Edition

Thank you <3 I guess all I can do at this point is wait for this new doctor to call... :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 am 
Collector's Edition

I'am very sorry about your situation, Cauldron. You can try getting treatment that allows you to keep your job but if that doesn't work you at least have a solid explanation for why you left it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:37 am 
Platinum Edition

Thank you :) It's scary, because while my other jobs in this area (I moved here 5.5 years ago) didn't trigger my asthma, who's to say that the next one won't? And job-hunting is the worst. I don't want major lung damage, though..... :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:10 am 
Platinum Edition

Oh no! Not breathing so well really sounds scary! I hope the doctors do make you better soon, and if not, that you get to a job that is better for you, even though finding one is hard. What's happening to you really sucks, I'm sorry. I will pray for you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:15 am 
Platinum Edition

Thank you, DD! Still waiting on that note doctor to call (I know it can take a while...). :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28