The Incredibles Discussion/Reviews

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
BrandonH
Special Edition

The Incredibles Discussion/Reviews

Post by BrandonH »

I just got back from the midnight showing, and I had an absolute blast! The action and humor were fast and furious, and the relationships between characters always felt realistic.

The voice cast is never highly publicized for a Pixar film, so I was surprised to learn who some of these people are. I won't list them here, but you will definitely recognize at least a couple of famous names in the credits.

The end credits were brilliantly done. The usual outtakes and gags would not have worked, so it is to the filmmakers' credit that they chose a different route this time.

I have nothing but praise for this movie, but I'm going to turn it over to other forum members to post their thoughts and reactions.

P.S. Boundin', the Cars teaser, and the Episode III: Revenge of the Sith teaser were all wickedly cool!!
"Mustard? Don't let's be silly!"
--Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

My DVDs
Luke
Site Admin

Re: The Incredibles Discussion/Reviews

Post by Luke »

BrandonH wrote:The end credits were brilliantly done. The usual outtakes and gags would not have worked, so it is to the filmmakers' credit that they chose a different route this time.
Well, I'm sure outtakes could work, (even if it's less of a comedy, they would be better placed here than <i>Finding Nemo</i>) and Pixar's often brought them in around Christmas as a reward for return viewers. Still, I think Pixar's eschewed the outtakes lately, as they don't want to be attached to any formula.

Anyhow, the movie was great. I think this could be my third favorite Pixar film after <i>Toy Story</i> and <i>A Bug's Life</i>, but only time (and additional viewings) will tell!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
PixarFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PixarFan »

I'm going to see it today...I really cannot wait! Just ask my friends! I've been driving them crazy. It's all I've been talking about the last month. :roll:
Scabbie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Scabbie »

I'm going to see it on saturday, november 27th (in Holland the movie will be released on november 25th). I can't wait!
Disney's musical Tarzan. Coming to Holland 2007.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

I'm going to see it at 12:55 PM today! Right before the movie starts I'm gonna be like "It's showtime." :D

PS: I made a picture for the thread, cause I was going to start one until I saw Brandon already did. I figured I'd just add it to the original post, as long as Brandon doesn't mind!
BrandonH
Special Edition

Post by BrandonH »

Actually, I think the picture gives it an added flair. Thanks, Jack.
"Mustard? Don't let's be silly!"
--Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

My DVDs
Brer Brandon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Brer Brandon »

Just got back from the first showing. I loved it! I'm not sure how I would compare it to other Pixar films. It was very different and multiple viewings will be needed. I lvoed hearing Jason Lee, one of my favorite underused actors, I had no idea he was in it.

The "Revenge fo the Sith" trailer was wicked cool! I was disappointed by the "Cars" trailer. It wasn't bad, but I didn't instantly think I can't wait to see that like I have with all other Pixar teasers. "chicken Little" looks weird, not what I expected. "Boundin'" was good, but not as good as other Pixar shorts.

I thought it was interesting that my theater's marquee said "The Incredibles with Episode III trailer."
blessedarethegeek.tumblr.com
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Awesome logo, Jack. You may be a logoholic, but you ROCK!!!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Well if you've heard my ramblings the past couple months I've been saying it will disappoint. That, of course, is not the case.

PRE-SHOWING ENTERTAINMENT
Included with The Incredibles were three new trailers: Chicken Little(silly but funny. The pig is creepy on the big screen!), Cars(ih. I geuss this will be similar to The Incredibles in my expectations) and, the most anticipated one, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith(the trailer on TV blew me away, wait till you see it on THE BIG SCREEN ;) ). Also included is the animated short Boundin', which is pretty lackluster to much more entertaining Pixar shorts like Geri's Game and For the Birds. This doesn't have the same feel as a Pixar short, it's not as good as most of them.

FEATURE PRESENTATION
The film, like the short, is not like usual Pixar fare, except it's reversal because it's more entertaining. Not as funny as most Pixar films and much darker, The Incredibles is a fun, fast paced ride through the lives of superheroes, teaching us a lesson to always work together and cherish the people you love. The only complaint about the film is its length. Including that mediocre short film, the whole thing is 2 hours and 2 minutes, pretty damn long considering most CGI films run 1 hour and 20 minutes. But otherwise, this film is one cool ride. If you go in expecting something more like The Iron Giant than anything Pixar's ever cranked out, you'll have a blast.

The Incredibles: ****(4) out of *****(5)
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Just Myself wrote:Well if you've heard my ramblings the past couple months I've been saying it will disappoint. That, of course, is not the case.
Well, I'll be nice and say I'm glad you enjoyed the film! :thumb: :)
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Luke wrote:
Just Myself wrote:Well if you've heard my ramblings the past couple months I've been saying it will disappoint. That, of course, is not the case.
Well, I'll be nice and say I'm glad you enjoyed the film! :thumb: :)
Watch it, Luki... I'll say something... BAD!

DUN DUN DUUUUN!!!! j/k
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

THE INCREDIBLES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Pixar have outdone themselves! This is the most original and entergetic movie they've made since the original Toy Story! There's so many great things about it, I don't know where to start.

The plot itself is probably the best they've ever done - it has mystery, suspence, suprises, and it all weaves together tremendously well. The characters are extremely well-realized. I thought it would be easy to pick my favorite character, but I can't! All of them are so well done!

The nature of family and marriage was done in the best way I have EVER seen in a movie. It was realistic, and completely easy to relate to, but portrayed in a way that wasn't too over-the-heads for kids, nor watered down for adults.

What is the BEST part of The Incredibles? That's an extremely difficult question. It has complete originality (I wasn't reminded of any other animated film while watching it, which is really refreshing). But the thing I love the most about it is the theme of family and realizing your place in it, even when circumstances have gone downhill - the movie didn't shove it down our throats, but it is heartwarming and connected with me like no other Pixar film has.

9.5/10

My Up-To-Date Ranking of the Pixar Movies:
1. A Bug's Life
2. Toy Story
3. The Incredibles
4. Monsters, Inc.
5. Toy Story 2
6. Finding Nemo

PS: Jabberin' Jack-Jack is awesome!!!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Glad to hear you liked it, Jack!

97% Positive Reviews on Rottentomatoes.com and that's not even including my review, which as with all UD falls into the neither splat nor fresh column:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/incredibles/
Jungleprince_55
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jungleprince_55 »

I just go back and the movie was awsome!

But i didn't see no star wars trailer.
thereallittlemermaid

Post by thereallittlemermaid »

There was no Star Wars trailer with mine either but I already saw it online so it didn't matter.
saving107
Gold Classic Collection

Post by saving107 »

thereallittlemermaid wrote:There was no Star Wars trailer with mine either but I already saw it online so it didn't matter.
same here,

if unless Star Wars was the 1st trailer, then my theatres didn't show it either because i had a hard time finding parking and i walked in right on time but lights were already out, i did sit through alot of trailers and Pixars Short, but if unless Star Wars III was the 1st trailer shown, then either i missed it or they never showed it, but i actually found a site that i was able to download the entire Trailer, but it would have been nice to see it on the Big Screen,
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I just got back from watching The Incredibles at 7:30 p.m. and I have to tell you it was awesome one of Pixar best better then Nemo and Toy Story. I have to place The Incredibles as the number one Pixar film.
Also the preview of Pixar's Cars was so-so and Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith look really good can't wait to see that.
Back to The Incredibles it remind me of Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom. So Disney and Pixar know how to make superheroes popular again.
I will watch this film again!!! :D
This film keep me laughing and exciting from start to end.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
rnrlesnar
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rnrlesnar »

Just got back from seeing the movie, and it was "incredible". By far the deepest and most involved story of the Pixar movies, and probably the most clever. It was suprisingly long in length, but it goes by fast. I'll stop at that to avoid spoiling it for anyone.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

At McDonald's you can get some awesome The Incredibles toys I found out because at the theater I saw some kids with a Mr. Incredible toy.
Here's the link: http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/ronald/happy.html
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

I was told by a Pixar animator that there wouldn't be a blooper reel added to The Incredibles later on. He wasn't absolute about it but I got the impression there really wouldn't be any.