The Boatniks Newest DMC Blu-Ray Exclusive!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

The Boatniks Newest DMC Blu-Ray Exclusive!

Post by Disney Guru »

Was pleasantly surprised when checking the Disney Movie Club site today, to see that The Boatniks was released today on Blu-Ray. Granted campy as hell, but always been a favorite of mine.

"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Chernabog
Special Edition

Re: The Boatniks Newest DMC Blu-Ray Exclusive!

Post by Chernabog »

When and if someone gets this, please update if there is correct aspect ratio, since I think the DVD was in the wrong ratio (Fullscreen). Thank you!
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Chernabog wrote:When and if someone gets this, please update if there is correct aspect ratio, since I think the DVD was in the wrong ratio (Fullscreen). Thank you!
Hopefully, the DVD was Pan&Scan and the print quality was worse then the 80s Disney White Clamshell VHS Release.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

What a random title to select..surprised that "The Parent Trap", "The Ugly Dachshund", "That Darn Cat" or "Three Lives of Thomasina" were not selected instead....oh well! glad to see some movement in securing legitimate releases of these films in the OAR and improved picture quality in contrast to their dvd counterparts.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Chernabog wrote:When and if someone gets this, please update if there is correct aspect ratio, since I think the DVD was in the wrong ratio (Fullscreen). Thank you!
I don't know for sure for this specific title, but so far these Blu-ray releases have done a good job with that very issue. It's the only reason I want to pick a few of these up in fact.
justcuttinhair wrote:What a random title to select..surprised that "The Parent Trap", "The Ugly Dachshund", "That Darn Cat" or "Three Lives of Thomasina" were not selected instead....oh well! glad to see some movement in securing legitimate releases of these films in the OAR and improved picture quality in contrast to their dvd counterparts.
They do have to pace themselves. ;)

Seriously though, I bet all or most of what you mentioned will get the Blu-ray treatment soon enough.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney