The Proud Family Movie

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny
Gold Classic Collection

The Proud Family Movie

Post by Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny »

So, can anyone tell me what this is supposed to be about?
Or any information at all...?

To be honest, I'm kinda excited for this. I mean, the show wasn't the best, but I really liked it. I'm kinda glad they're giving the show a movie, because it's a wonderful way to end a series (as seen with Kim Possible, Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, and who knows? Maybe even Raven...?)
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

In The Proud Family Movie, Penny and her family are lured on an all expenses paid vacation to Legoom Island where Dr. Carver, a mad scientist, holds them captive after Oscar Proud refuses to reveal his secret Proud Snacks formula for Kicking Donkey Dipping Sauce. Dr. Carver then unleashes his creation, evil peanut-like creatures called G-Nomes who can morph into clones of Penny, Oscar, Trudy and the entire Proud family, to wreak havoc back home.
-from "Movie Tome"
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

SofaKing381222 wrote:
In The Proud Family Movie, Penny and her family are lured on an all expenses paid vacation to Legoom Island where Dr. Carver, a mad scientist, holds them captive after Oscar Proud refuses to reveal his secret Proud Snacks formula for Kicking Donkey Dipping Sauce. Dr. Carver then unleashes his creation, evil peanut-like creatures called G-Nomes who can morph into clones of Penny, Oscar, Trudy and the entire Proud family, to wreak havoc back home.
-from "Movie Tome"
Wow, now we all know which film is going to win this year Oscar. This film sounds like it's going to be a work of art.
shr_fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by shr_fan »

I think it sounds cute. I mean it kinda fits the tv show. Outrageous stuff like that happened on there sometimes. I never was a huge fan of the show, but it's ok, and I'll probably watch the movie. Of course I said the same thing about the Even Stevens Movie, and I have yet to watch that, so who knows. :roll:
I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.-Louisa May Alcott
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I didn't like PF at first, but it grew on me to the point that I really like it now (which is the case for most-- but not all-- Disney Channel shows). That's also starting to happen with me and the Suite Life of Ben-from-<i>Friends</i>. I like that DC shows are starting to go out with a bit of a bang instead of just ending. I'm looking forward to seeing where this one goes.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

awallaceunc wrote:I didn't like PF at first, but it grew on me to the point that I really like it now (which is the case for most-- but not all-- Disney Channel shows). That's also starting to happen with me and the Suite Life of Ben-from-<i>Friends</i>. I like that DC shows are starting to go out with a bit of a bang instead of just ending. I'm looking forward to seeing where this one goes.

-Aaron
Ben from Friends? What the?
And yes I like that Disney Channel shows are ending with films instead of just another episode.
-James
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

lol... I don't remember their names on the show, but they are the twins that played Ben on Friends.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Same here Aaron! Suite Life bugged me at first, but I'm enjoying it now! Kind of opposite with Raven where the more recent episodes are worse. However, about 3/5 of the new Raven episodes shown this week I liked. I wish they would release Raven and Even Stevens on DVD. $$$$ for Disney.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

No, not The Proud Family Movie anything but this.... :roll:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

They can't release Song of the South but can release this! :roll: This is with out a doubt the most racist thing Disney has EVER done!
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

The Proud family is racist againts almost every race.

The mean White girl.

The fat low class Black girl.

The 3 Asians brainiacs.

The stuck up Latina.

The 3 West Indian Bully sisters. :roll:

I hope there is a forced Leonard Maltin intro before this movie.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

awallaceunc wrote:lol... I don't remember their names on the show, but they are the twins that played Ben on Friends.

-Aaron
Wow, I didn't even know that there was twins playing him.........................
Also, I too feel that this show is racist, but if it's already done the 65 episodes (only three left to air), then not many people probably worry about it.
-James
yankees
Gold Classic Collection

Post by yankees »

never really liked the proud family..... i kindof found it to have bad voices.... an just another show bout a 12 yr old girl...

The movie doesnt sound that great but its probb because I dont like the show.

Disney Channel Is only Alrite Now... Im Sry But I love the show thats so raven... i think she is rellle funny.

Kim Possible had a few good one

Lizzie McGuire was Meh w/ a horrible movie

I loved Even Stevens but they never show it

Dave The Barbarien = :roll:

Zach and Cody is kindof funnie... o yea zach and cody were that boy in big daddy w/ adam sandler
________
FORD TAUNUS HISTORY
Last edited by yankees on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

yankees wrote: Zach and Cody is kindof funnie... o yea zach and cody were that boy in big daddy w/ adam sandler
Were they? Oh yeah that's what I remember them from! :lol: Didn't really see much of them in Friends.
-James
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

awallaceunc wrote:lol... I don't remember their names on the show, but they are the twins that played Ben on Friends.

-Aaron
Actually only Cole Sprouse (the twin who plays Cody on The Suite Life of Zach and Cody) played Ben on Friends. And he didnt start playing that character until 2000 and was only in a few episodes.

They were also both in The Master of Disguise and the voiced in Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights.

This movie doesn't sound that great but I never really watched the show either. Disney Channel now has a commercial going showing the upcoming Summer DCOMs including this, Go Figure and Life is Ruff, a movie coming next month starring Kyle Massey, the boy who play Cory on That's So Raven.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Little Red Henski wrote:The Proud family is racist againts almost every race.

The mean White girl.

The fat low class Black girl.

The 3 Asians brainiacs.

The stuck up Latina.

The 3 West Indian Bully sisters. :roll:

I hope there is a forced Leonard Maltin intro before this movie.
So they prefeer to release this crap that a very classic?
:evil: :evil:
someoe is going to get hurt because of this!
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

The Proud Family Movie will air on:

August Friday 19, 2005 at 8pm/10pm
August Saturday 20, 2005 8pm
August Sunday 21, 2005 8pm
August Wednesday 24, 2005 at 8pm

You are all welcome The Proud Family fans!!!!!!!!! :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny »

So, did anyone watch this?

I did and I liked it. I hope it's released to DVD soon.
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

I just saw it. I loved it, it was a fantastic movie. I am also hoping for a DVD release. :D
cobra

Post by cobra »

talkng peanuts? thats just stupid