"Featured Title" Question

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: "Featured Title" Question

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Same offer! Never was a big fan of Hone Alone so it’s a pass but it’s a pretty good deal.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Did you guys get B&tB 1991 and 2017 featured title pack?

How many people are declining these bundles of older movies vs. if the offers were singular newer movies (like Fox; new to the club), I wonder.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Same. Also both in 4K.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I received those and the Beauty and the Beast double feature of both the animated and live-action versions. I'm good on both, personally.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I hope Fantasia or Raya will be a Featured Title soon. I just re-started my membership again; it was some deal where I only have to buy 3 movies (and the first is at $11.95). Since I only have two left to get, I was thinking about getting Raya and the Fantasia 2-pack for those depending on how high they are. The films I got upfront were Aladdin 2019, Frozen II, Alice in Wonderland (animated), Lilo & Stitch, the The Little Mermaid sequels, Bambi, and The Nightmare Before Christmas on Blu-ray.

I'm curious for anyone who might read this: When you've fulfilled your membership in the past, did seasons of TV series or 2-packs ever count towards your membership? Sometimes the nitty gritty details make me scared to buy anything other than 1 film at 19.95 lest I buy some TV season and then it doesn't even count (in essence, I always think Disney is trying to trip you up into spending more). I know the Fantasia one will be a 2-pack, but if it's the Featured Title, surely it would count towards the membership agreement?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I would assume that a 2-pack of films would count, but of course I could be wrong. The DMC website's FAQs says:
Any non-discounted titles you purchase at Regular Club prices (starting at just $19.95) count toward your minimum purchase commitment, and the Double/Triple Feature option of your Featured Title Offer also counts as one unit toward your minimum purchase commitment. You may order any number of titles at any time. Prices are subject to change and the Club will notify you of changes in future communications.
Each title you purchase at Regular Club price counts as one title toward completing your minimum purchase commitment. Multipacks are subject to different commitment rules and their value toward your minimum purchase commitment will be noted in individual communications or where promoted. Prices are subject to change and the Club will notify you of changes in future communications.

PLEASE NOTE: Discounted titles, titles priced below $19.95, Special Promotional Offers, Pre-order Discounts and Merchandise do not count toward fulfilling your Membership Agreement, unless otherwise indicated. The Featured Title or the Featured Title Double/Triple Feature will count as 1 unit toward purchase commitment. Other exclusions and exceptions will be noted in particular mailings or online when applicable.
A couple years ago, milojthatch said:
Multi-disc sets should count towards your commitment. The issue they care about is cost of the unit.
One result on Google says:
Join as a dvd club member and any movie that is $20 will count toward your obligation. If you join as Blue-ray club the movie must be $30 to count.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-disney-movie-club-a-how-to.2462052/ wrote:whenever you purchase a Club Priced DVD, the rest of that order will be discounted (more on that below), because of this you are not able to purchase more than 1 commitment DVD per order.
When I was a normal member I could click to get rid of those offers, so I could order more than one DVD with NO discount, to lower my shipping cost and get the commitment done faster.
One specific deal that someone had wrote:"Your highest-priced selection counts as your regular price movie (DVD must be $19.95 or more. Blu-ray must be $29.95 or more). All additional titles of equal or lesser value will have the 60% discount applied. Discounted titles are limited to 3 units per title. "50% OFF" Boxed Sets, Multipacks, CDs, Merchandise and Club Deals are not eligible for discounts. These offers cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Offer ends May 31,2010."
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/465323-disney-movie-club-part-5-a-15.html wrote: According to the latest mailing I have the Zorro Season 1 set, which sells for $59.95, counts as 3 fulfillments. Based on that I would think any set at that price point or above would count as 3. I was unable to find anything showing where the 2 fulfillment price point would be but I would guess it to be at $39.95.
Multipacks are subject to different commitment rules, and their value toward your membership commitment will be noted in individual communications. Prices are subject to change, and the Club will notify you of changes in future mailings.
"The Triple Feature DVD set is $44.95 and not eligible for additional discounts (shipping and processing is free). Offer ends December 17, 2007. The Triple Feature can count as a regular-priced title, and 1 unit toward purchase commitment."
Question: Currently, the have the LOST seasons on sale for $39.95. Will those count as two fulfillments? The regularly priced $39.95 items do, I know, but since this is a 'sale', I want to make sure it's going to count before I place the order. Anyone know?? Thanks!
looking back at past flyers, dvds priced at $39.95 count as 2, and anything priced at $59.95 or higher counts as three.
Or if you do want the directors selection that will count as your buy 1 also even if its cheaper then what you are buying. I have found this is a great way to get sets.
I'll have to try this on the website. On the telephone, the Disney cast member went with the highest priced item over the director's selection as my Buy 1.
I hope I found the answer to your question...? I'm not feeling well and it's all blurring together. :p May be outdated, but https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/465 ... -a-32.html seems to have a lot of good info.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That was very kind, thank you! This is the part that always made me suspicious the last time I read through the rules:
Multipacks are subject to different commitment rules, and their value toward your membership commitment will be noted in individual communications. Prices are subject to change, and the Club will notify you of changes in future mailings.
"Different commitment rules"... I know a multi-disc pack that costs in the $20 region of course would only be 1 commitment, not multiple ones; I was more worried that it might not count at all. I might risk it and try one time; if it doesn't work, then I'll know for sure. :P And I can remember for ifwhen I restart the account again. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"