GOOF TROOP IS COMING TO DISNEY MOVIE CLUB

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

GOOF TROOP IS COMING TO DISNEY MOVIE CLUB

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I found these images on the Disney Movie Rewards website under upcoming eligible titles

OMG THIS IS AMAZING YIPPEE :goofy: :goofy: :pink: :pink:
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: GOOF TROOP IS COMING TO DISNEY MOVIE CLUB

Post by Avaitor »

Oh wow.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

While I am certainly happy for Goof Troop fans and for the continuance of the DMC Exclusives line, it is disappointing, yet again, that no olderlive action films or televison shows are apparently in the pipeline. It's a tired refrain from me, I know, but the only reason I joined the DMC was to get older live-action content on DVD.

Darby
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

There will be 54 episodes released! :D

http://openvaultdisney.com/2013/04/17/d ... op-on-dvd/
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I'm happy to see this released, but I'd be even happier if they released The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in its entirety, and I'd be ecstatic if they offered more vintage titles from the 1950's-70's theatrical films and tv programs.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

gardener14 wrote:II'd be ecstatic if they offered more vintage titles from the 1950's-70's theatrical films and tv programs.
This is why we need the DVD-on-Demand program to come back!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

milojthatch wrote:
gardener14 wrote:II'd be ecstatic if they offered more vintage titles from the 1950's-70's theatrical films and tv programs.
This is why we need the DVD-on-Demand program to come back!
Why is that? I much prefer to have them as manufactured dvd's from DMC Exclusives, and most older titles have been released that way in the past few years. The end of the dvd-on-demand program kind of made me happy because I assumed that meant any future titles would come from DMC Exclusives, a much better product in my opinion.
JTurner
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JTurner »

I wonder when this is coming? I LOVE this show.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

JTurner wrote:I wonder when this is coming? I LOVE this show.
I'm betting it will be on April 30th since the current deal for this month ends on the 29th

milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

gardener14 wrote:
milojthatch wrote: This is why we need the DVD-on-Demand program to come back!
Why is that? I much prefer to have them as manufactured dvd's from DMC Exclusives, and most older titles have been released that way in the past few years. The end of the dvd-on-demand program kind of made me happy because I assumed that meant any future titles would come from DMC Exclusives, a much better product in my opinion.
What it means is it will be harder to get many of the titles you are wanting to see. Seeing any of these kinds of titles released via retail is over and at the time, DVD-on-Demand and DMC were the only way they would get released. They don't release THAT many titles a year via DMC and I think you are going to start to see more animated shows released. Basically, live-action Walt-era/ 1970's titles are in competition with Disney TV Animation for just a few spots. That's not a good place for either to be. I understand the desire to see all of it retail and on pressed discs, but that just isn't in the game plan anymore.

Meanwhile, Warner Bros. is releasing tons of titles that never would have seen the light of day without DVD-on-Demand. Trust me, it's the only way we'll ever see all o these titles released.

-Walt Disney
JTurner
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JTurner »

milojthatch wrote:
What it means is it will be harder to get many of the titles you are wanting to see. Seeing any of these kinds of titles released via retail is over and at the time, DVD-on-Demand and DMC were the only way they would get released. They don't release THAT many titles a year via DMC and I think you are going to start to see more animated shows released. Basically, live-action Walt-era/ 1970's titles are in competition with Disney TV Animation for just a few spots. That's not a good place for either to be. I understand the desire to see all of it retail and on pressed discs, but that just isn't in the game plan anymore.

Meanwhile, Warner Bros. is releasing tons of titles that never would have seen the light of day without DVD-on-Demand. Trust me, it's the only way we'll ever see all o these titles released.
Well I am all for DMC if it means getting "Goof Troop", and the remaining episodes of "DuckTales", "RR", "TaleSpin", "Gummi Bears", etc.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I recieved The 2 volumes of Goof Troop. One major gripe I have, is that the DVDs are stacked in single disc case........ :facepalm:

milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

disneyboy20022 wrote:I recieved The 2 volumes of Goof Troop. One major gripe I have, is that the DVDs are stacked in single disc case........ :facepalm:
Ya, that's not cool and comes off as rather cheep. Stacking discs is never a good idea!

-Walt Disney
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I tried looking on their website for these but didn't see them. Do you need to be a member to get or even just see these? This would get me to sign up but I'd prefer them as an initial selection. How much are these? Does anyone have a code for a better offer than what they have listed?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

This is a picture I took of the case

http://s777.photobucket.com/user/disney ... f.jpg.html

http://s777.photobucket.com/user/disney ... 7.jpg.html

And yeah you need to be a member to even see these. I'm not 100% sure if you can add them to your sign up movies. Also to you the movies will be a little more pricey for the first few movies you order due to your fulfillment commitment. I forget if there's a discount for new members, I want to say there is. It's been so long since I joined. Once you fulfill your commitment movies will be a great deal

Richard--W
Limited Issue

Post by Richard--W »

Is GOOF TROOP from the early 1980s?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Richard--W wrote:Is GOOF TROOP from the early 1980s?
It's from the early 90s part of The Disney Afternoon Block on Disney Channel which consisted of shows like Ducktales, Chip N' Dale Rescuer Rangers, Gummi Bears and other shows

Here's some info on Goof Troop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goof_Troop

gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

^Actually, The Disney Afternoon block of programming aired in syndication, not on Disney Channel. The programs that made up The Disney Afteroon were rerun on Disney Channel and Toon Disney.
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

I'm glad they finally started releasing the full series onto DVD after that pitiful Volume 1 release, but I just hope they get around to putting out the remaining episodes sooner or later.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Fellow Disney Afternerds, this is it, at least for 2016, and it's a big one! As we continue our push for more official Disney DVD releases of the various Disney Afternoon series, we turn to you once again, the fans, and ask for you to join us in one final campaign event for the 2016 year, and this might just be THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE YET!

Why do we say that? For a very simple reason. Our various sources have suggested that the Disney Movie Club holds their annual meeting each year to decide on the next year's worth of Disney Movie Club Exclusive releases in November. So, any campaign activities in October will be the LAST taste the powers that be at Disney will have of what fans want released in the up-coming year.

As such, it is very important that we have a STRONG showing in our final campaign event this year. If we only get a handful of fans to post on the Disney Movie Club wall asking for things like "DuckTales: Volume 4" or "Bonkers," it will be far less likely any of it will happen next year. However, if we have hundreds or thousands of fans all posting the same weekend on the Disney Movie Club wall for more Disney Afternoon on DVD, we promise that WILL make a major impression on the powers that be at Disney as they hold their meetings next month to decide on the Disney Movie Club DVD/Blu-ray release for 2017.

So please, join us next weekend, October 15 & 16, 2016, as we campaign on the Disney Movie Club's Facebook wall asking for more DA on DVD! Spread the word and click on the link below for more information. And thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1018044714990899/

-Walt Disney