Disney Movie Club DVD Exclusives

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

merlinjones wrote:The problem is that marketers and accountants see a collective group of old products for an old demo -- instead of seeing individual films and shows, some of which remain timeless and still have value for new generations. To do that they would have to look at these works from a filmmakers and film buffs perspective, as creative content and historic assets -- not just as old stuff in storage to sell or toss.
Well put!

Darby
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

New Exclusive: The Fox and the Hound 2-Movie Collection DVD Blu-ray Combo Pack in a Collectible Tin

Now available in a Limited Series Collectible DVD Tin, complete with an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity! In celebration of THE FOX & THE HOUND's 30th anniversary, Disney proudly presents a special 2-movie collection of THE FOX & THE HOUND and THE FOX & THE HOUND II! Experience these timeless tales of true friendship, set against a backdrop of comedy and music in perfect harmony. And now, both inspiring classics sparkle on Blu-ray with spectacular sound and unsurpassed picture quality. Plus, this 3-Disc Combo Pack includes a DVD of each film! Featuring lovable characters, brilliant animation, stellar voice talent and unforgettable songs, THE FOX & THE HOUND 2-MOVIE COLLECTION includes two fun, heartwarming stories of loyalty and trust that your family will treasure for all time.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Awesome, but I think they should've included Mulan, Gnrandma Fa, Shang, Zhou Fa and Shan Yu, also they could've decorated the tin with chinise decorations,

where's the link for these tins?? I joined Disney Movie Rewards Club.
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

Mason_Ireton wrote:where's the link for these tins??
The tins are located under the "More Magic" button to the left. Click that and then "Collector's Corner". It has their tins, Treasures, and other "collectible" stuff. :)

This link should work:

Collector's Corner
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Fricken awesome thanks for the help will my movie rewards membership work for DMC or do I need to make an account?
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

Mason_Ireton wrote:will my movie rewards membership work for DMC or do I need to make an account?
You have to make a separate Disney Movie Club account. You can use the same email address, but they're two separate things. If that makes any sense. :)
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

*Mimics Donald* Ah phooey.

That's cheap Disney lol
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Justin Morgan Had A Horse

Post by justcuttinhair »

I hope this gets released as a exclusive to the movie club!
DexterRiley

New Exclusives

Post by DexterRiley »

Just noticed that "Call it Courage" and "Run, Appaloosa, Run" were just released as Disney Movie Club Exclusives. Not my first choices, but not about to look a gift appaloosa in the mouth.
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

New Exclusives:

Dumbo 70th Anniversary Premium Package DVD Blu-ray Combo Pack

Attention all Disney Collectors! This exciting set is packaged in a Limited Edition display box and comes complete with a Certificate of Authenticity and Collectible 3-D Card. Includes both the DVD and Blu-ray version of the movie. This beloved 70th Anniversary Edition Collector’s Set features a thrilling digital restoration of the movie plus incredible bonus features. It deserves a prominent place in your family’s movie collection.
Bolt in Collectible DVD Tin

Now available in a Limited Series Collectible DVD Tin, complete with an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity!
The Wonderful World of Disney: Signature Movie Edition

Big Red

The Boatniks

Follow Me, Boys!

The Apple Dumpling Gang

Swiss Family Robinson

Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Signature Movie Editions

Post by Mouseketodd »

I just opened my DMC mailer (featuring Dumbo), and was surprised to see these Signature Movie Editions titles! These are most likely carried over from the TV offer that offered Swiss Family Robinson as the first title with membership.
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

correct me if i am wrong

Post by justcuttinhair »

the signature movie tin line...kinda disbanded..didn't it? I remember the commercials but, it seemed like after releaseing only a handful of titles..it somewhat fell by the wayside..I also remember, someone on the board saying that none of the titles had any special features or additional remastering done to them...is that correct?
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I think the disc content is the same as what is already available in stores but put in fancy packaging, no?
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

I'd rather they released new DMC Exclusives that have never been released on DVD before than previously released material in fancy packaging.

Darby
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Darby wrote:I'd rather they released new DMC Exclusives that have never been released on DVD before than previously released material in fancy packaging.

Darby
From what I've heard, there will be new titles. I'm just not sure how many or if there will be any new ones the rest of this year.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Signature Movie Editions

Post by Mouseketodd »

I called Disney Movie Club and the agent told me there were no brand new items on the DVDs -- these were simply current releases in this new packaging.
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

I'm sorry and I don't mean to be crass...

BUT HOW IN THE WORLD WAS BOATNIKS ONE OF THE TITLES THAT DESERVED A TIN!

LOL.
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

skippy wrote:I'm sorry and I don't mean to be crass...

BUT HOW IN THE WORLD WAS BOATNIKS ONE OF THE TITLES THAT DESERVED A TIN!

LOL.
Don't apologize. It was a questions that had to be asked.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I always liked The Boatniks. I'm not saying it's a classic in the same league as Pollyanna, Swiss Family Robinson, 20,000 Leagues, etc., but I always enjoyed the film. It's total 70's Disney fun (and one of the better ones of that era in my opinion). Anyway, I know what you guys mean, but I had to throw in my little defense of that poor unappreciated movie.
abbatazappa

Post by abbatazappa »

You don't have to join DMC to get this MOD of The Waltz King, apparently an Amazon exclusive:

http://www.amazon.com/Waltz-King-Kerwin ... BRO2CE2H9R