Disney Movie Club DVD Exclusives

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DexterRiley

Generations Now Part of the Disney Movie Club

Post by DexterRiley »

I noticed in the most recent mailer that some of the Generations titles have been added to the Disney Movie Club. While I've been underwhelmed to date, at the very least we can benefit from the discounts and not have to pay full price for them through Amazon.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Are those DISNEY GENERATIONS still only offered as DVD-Rs or do they sell them like real pressed DVDs?
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

On the DMR website I noticed a couple new titles on the way:
The Magnificent Rebel
Ghosts of Buxley Hall
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Chernabog wrote:Are those DISNEY GENERATIONS still only offered as DVD-Rs or do they sell them like real pressed DVDs?
Not saying it could never happen, but don't expect any of the Generations Collection titles to ever be anything more then DVD-r's. Truthfully, while I know a lot of collectors complain about them (I understand a lot of the complaints), if it was't for the DVD-on-Demand options, many titles like these would never be released.

If it makes you feel any better, a number of the DMC titles from this year were originally going to be DVD-on-Demand instead. For reasons I'm not 100% sure on, they ended up switched to be DMC titles.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
DexterRiley

Post by DexterRiley »

I'm starting to wonder if they're dropping Generations...like so many lines before it.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

DexterRiley wrote:I'm starting to wonder if they're dropping Generations...like so many lines before it.

Yes, Disney is out of the DVD-on-Demand business before they even really started.

http://openvaultdisney.com/2012/12/02/h ... on-demand/
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

The Weekenders Volumes 1 and 2 coming March 2013

Post by Darby »

The Weekenders Volumes 1 and 2 will be released as DMC Exclusives on 3/5/13.

Darby
DexterRiley

Re: Disney Movie Club Exclusives DVDs List (updated)

Post by DexterRiley »

Looks like they're firmly in TV series exclusives now with TailSpin and Gargoyles. They chose such lackluster titles for the last live action exclusives that I can't imagine they sold too many pieces, probably closing of this avenue for more rare stuff.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

DexterRiley wrote:Looks like they're firmly in TV series exclusives now with TailSpin and Gargoyles. They chose such lackluster titles for the last live action exclusives that I can't imagine they sold too many pieces, probably closing of this avenue for more rare stuff.
Not just yet. Escapade in Florence has just been released. However, I'd wager more tv releases will come.

-Walt Disney
WilbyDaniels
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WilbyDaniels »

I'm curious to find out if Escapade in Florence is the two part WWoC version with Walt's intro, etc.? Please let me know that will be the major factor for my purchase. Thanks.
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

likewise! the last live action release that was in the original broadcast format was "The Magnificent Rebel"; and, before that "Atta Girl Kelly" was released as the original 3 part format. I am hoping that Disney Movie Club has listened to fans, and understands that we want these films released in their original format with the introductions with Walt Disney intact. Sadly, I am not putting much faith into this, because, the majority of releases have been the edited theatrical releases that were culled from the VHS masters of the 1980's...so it is pretty hit or miss. I wonder if we can contact the movie club, and they will be able to tell us the format for "Escapade in Florence".
WilbyDaniels
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WilbyDaniels »

it seems the DMC is as secretive as the Oscars. they never give info or they say they don't know.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

We (Open Vault Disney) hope to have a review up in a months time.

-Walt Disney