Disney Movie Club DVD Exclusives

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

^Yes, that and Chiild of Glass were recently made available as part of the Disney Generations Collection.
DexterRiley

50% Off DVDs at Disney Educational

Post by DexterRiley »

I have been wanting to buy "Light in the Forest" and "Justin Morgan Had a Horse" from Disney Education but was put off by the price ($29.99) each. Today I visited the site and found that you can get any DVDs there for $14.99 using the Promo Code HDAY11W. One ad says the offer ends Dec 16th and another Dec 31. I wouldn't wait if you're inclined to order them as it may, indeed, end on the 16th.
abbatazappa

Post by abbatazappa »

Thanks for mentioning Child of Glass, didn't know about that one...

Researching these releases led me to a blog I think most people who have kept up with this thread over the years would be interested in reading:
https://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

Thanks for the heads up on the sale! I'm definitely going to buy The Light in the Forest as I've been wating for them to release it as a DMC Exclsuive at a more reasonable price than what they were asking via Disney Educational Productions. I might pick up a few other titles while I'm at it.

Darby
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

abbatazappa wrote:Thanks for mentioning Child of Glass, didn't know about that one...

Researching these releases led me to a blog I think most people who have kept up with this thread over the years would be interested in reading:
https://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/
Thanks, it took long enough, but we finally got our Disney Movie Club Exclusives list full up-to-date and ready to go:

http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/re ... -releases/

In the coming months, we hope to start getting some reviews going as well, but for now, be sure to enjoy our first review for the DMC release of "The Fighting Prince of Donegal!"

http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/20 ... al-review/
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Thanks for that great reference list of DMC Exclusives, milo.

Will you also keep track of the Generations releases?

And will you keep a running "want/in-demand list" posted for those who make title decisions to (potentially) refer to?
Hennie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hennie »

Last edited by Hennie on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

merlinjones wrote:Thanks for that great reference list of DMC Exclusives, milo.

Will you also keep track of the Generations releases?

And will you keep a running "want/in-demand list" posted for those who make title decisions to (potentially) refer to?
If you check out the site, not only do we already do keep track of the "Generations" releases, but we also have been breaking the big news of when new ones are made available.

Another thing about our lists is that what we have complied will help folks figure out things like, is the GC or DMC release in the right aspect ratio, or even, has it been released before? We are also busy now further up-dating it to reflect international releases. And of course we are busy writing reviews for as many of these titles as we can. If you think you have what it takes and are interested in writing a review by the way, please e-mail us at [email protected] and we can discuss it.

Open Vault Disney's mission is to get Disney to release as many of these unreleased titles as possible. We have actually been making an impact on that goal and hope that the fruits of our labor start to really show in the coming year. For now, we have also decided to help folks understand what vintage release have and have not been released, as that can be confusing.

The "want/ in demand" list has actually been thought about and we are just working out the last details. Expect a post about that soonish (possibly even later today if I can find the time) to help us figure out what should and should not be on such a list.

UPDATE: In fact I already did! Please share your most wanted titles here:
http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29319
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
DexterRiley

Post by DexterRiley »

It's strange to me that Prince and the Pauper is available for streaming on the Disney pay site, but still hasn't shown up in the DMC as an exclusive.

As a followup to my post about the Disney Educational DVDs, I got Justin Morgan Had a Horse (thoroughly enjoyed) and Light in the Forest (not watched yet) Justin Morgan is taken from its WWofD airing with the show's opening credits chopped off and makeshift credits for the movie in its place. Not ideal, but I don't know if it ever HAD opening credits as it was made for the anthology.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

>>It's strange to me that Prince and the Pauper is available for streaming on the Disney pay site, but still hasn't shown up in the DMC as an exclusive.<<

"The Sign of Zorro" also. Both are available for download on Amazon too. I'm still hoping for the DVDs.
DexterRiley

New Disney Generations DVD

Post by DexterRiley »

I see there are 6 new Generations titles...of which the only Walt era one is "Ben and Me." Bit of a bummer as most of us already have that title. Quite an unimaginative bunch over there at Disney DVD.

The other titles are:

Back to Hannibal
Ben and Me
Beyond Witch Mountain
Endurance
The Leftovers
The Richest Cat in the World
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

New Exclusives:

Lady & The Tramp Diamond Edition DVD Blu-ray Combo Pack Collector’s Set

Collector’s Set includes:
- Limited Special Packaging
- DVD Blu-ray Combo Pack
- Certificate Of Authenticity
- Collectible 3-D Card
The Great Mouse Detective in Collectible Tin

Ratatouille in Collectible DVD Tin

Tinker Bell DVD in Collectible Tin

Now available in a Limited Series Collectible DVD Tin, complete with an individually numbered Certificate Of Authenticity!
Last edited by jinkinquackers on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
DexterRiley

Post by DexterRiley »

Dad, Can I Borrow the Car and Hunter and the Rock Star in today's mailing.

Continue to be underwhelmed.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

DexterRiley wrote:
Continue to be underwhelmed.
Just think, when really big unreleased title hit, how much more excited we'll all be because of so many lesser titles lately, if you wish to view them that way.

-Walt Disney
DexterRiley

Post by DexterRiley »

You are an eternal optimist, milojthatch! Keep it up.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

DexterRiley wrote:You are an eternal optimist, milojthatch! Keep it up.
I have to be. With out hope, we have nothing.

-Walt Disney
DexterRiley

Post by DexterRiley »

I just ordered 5 DVDs which I'd been holding out for the 60% off discount. I bought:

Dad, Can I Borrow the Car
Call It Courage
Run, Appaloosa, Run,
The Horse with the Flying Tale
Sammy, the Way Out Seal

Of the five of them, the only one that is longer than 50 minutes is Sammy. If they're going to release WWoD films, couldn't they at least release some of the longer format stuff?!
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

We haven't heard any news on Exclusives for a few months... any word on upcoming releases?

Still holding out hope for The Prince and the Pauper, The Horsemasters, Escapade in Florence, Moseby's Marauders, The Light in the Forest, The Sign of Zorro, Zorro the Avenger, Dr. Syn Alias the Scarecrow (movie only edition), Perri (movie only edition), It's Tough to Be A Bird, Scrooge McDuck and Money, Disneyland Showtime, Moochie, Spin & Marty 2 and 3, Hardy Boys 2, complete Swamp Fox -- and all the Ludwig Von Drake, Ranger Woodlore, Donald Duck, Magic Mirror, Jiminy Cricket, et al TV hours I can get!
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

New Exclusive:

The Aristocats Premium Package

Available to own 8/21/12.

Collector’s Set includes:
- Extraordinary Limited-Edition Packaging
- DVD + Blu-ray Combo Pack
- Original Art Character Lithos
- Certificate Of Authenticity
- Collectible 3-D Card
DexterRiley

Post by DexterRiley »

merlinjones wrote:We haven't heard any news on Exclusives for a few months... any word on upcoming releases?

Still holding out hope for The Prince and the Pauper, The Horsemasters, Escapade in Florence, Moseby's Marauders, The Light in the Forest, The Sign of Zorro, Zorro the Avenger, Dr. Syn Alias the Scarecrow (movie only edition), Perri (movie only edition), It's Tough to Be A Bird, Scrooge McDuck and Money, Disneyland Showtime, Moochie, Spin & Marty 2 and 3, Hardy Boys 2, complete Swamp Fox -- and all the Ludwig Von Drake, Ranger Woodlore, Donald Duck, Magic Mirror, Jiminy Cricket, et al TV hours I can get!
I was pleased to find that iTunes offers "The Prince and the Pauper". I had never seen the movie and so I rented it and found a way to continue watching it. (wink). You'd think that, now that it's available in two forums...iTunes and Disney Streaming...that they could just get around to offering it as an Exclusive or at least a Generations release.