Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives!!!

Post by Clindor »

Hardbackyoyo wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote: I don't think it's ever been confirmed that Disney still has all the deleted stuff... I'd like to think they do, but I don't know if we know if they do...
Theo Gluck at Disney Library Restoration and Preservation confirmed to me that the 12 minutes don't exist anymore.
What, did they destroy it on purpose so fans will stop asking questions??.. rotfl :roll:
Guitarman

Questions about Movie Club Blu-Rays and DVDs.

Post by Guitarman »

I’m wondering if the Disney Movie Club has shifted it’s focus away from releasing titles that haven’t been given an official DVD release to releasing Blu-Rays of titles that have already received a normal DVD release. I don’t follow the Movie Club release schedule too carefully, but all the new titles that I’ve noticed over the past couple of years (“Treasure Island”, “Herbie Rides Again”, “20,000 Leagues Under The Sea”, “The Parent Trap”) are titles that have been available on DVD for quite some time. Is the movie club still releasing movies that haven’t been made available on any digital format before? If not, then does anybody know why they have abandoned that idea and are now releasing Blu-rays of titles that have already been released on DVD? And why in the world are the Blu-Rays not carrying over any of the bonus material that was created for the DVD?

Thank you
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Questions about Movie Club Blu-Rays and DVDs.

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I know that The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh was just released on Blu after only being available on the Treasures set, but they're not releasing exclusives like they used to. Especially now with Disney+, I can't imagine there will be many more. And I, too, wish that the bonus features, no matter how few, were ported from the DVD to the exclusives Blus.

*edit* I see a new release of "The Thanksgiving Promise;" I've never heard of it, but maybe that's a new-to-disc title...
blackcauldron85

Re: Disney Movie Club Exclusives DVDs List (updated)

This is interesting:
https://i.imgur.com/NNYG3zW.jpg
Product Detail
Product # 2142720
Available to own 1/19/21.

Disney Movie Club Exclusive Collection and Cover Art.

Includes Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Code of each movie.
blackcauldron85

I just got a DMC email saying that these 4 2000s live-action films are coming to Blu: The Pacifier, The Kid, Herbie: Fully Loaded, Ice Princess.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I’m in for Herbie Fully Loaded but the other titles don’t really interest me that much.
blackcauldron85

I love Ice Princess so I might pick that up eventually. I have $0 money to spend right now and I just placed a DMC order recently, but eventually!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Oh damn, I actually picked up Herbie: Fully Loaded on DVD not that long ago. I feel kind of foolish now. Not really interested in the others.
Sotiris

Re: Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives

Post by Sotiris »

Coming exclusively to DMC on January 31, 2023.

Celebrate 100 magical years of Disney with this collection of animated shorts! With new introductions by Mickey & Minnie, these 10 wonderful stories include such classics as the iconic Steamboat Willie, where Mickey Mouse first appeared, Brave Little Tailor, Hawaiian Holiday, On Ice and six more delightful stories!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

I wonder how much overlap there will be with Celebrating Mickey...in the 4 shorts named, 2 are on Celebrating Mickey.
VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by VanessaFan »

I wonder if the Mickey: The Story of a Mouse documentary will be a bonus feature on this disc? That would be great if it was. I'll be getting this. Volume 1 sounds promising, hopefully there will be more volumes. I just wish they would add more than 10.
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

It's wonderful that we're getting more classic shorts on Blu-ray, but I wish they'd include more than 10 on the set. Come on, man!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Jules wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:05 pm It's wonderful that we're getting more classic shorts on Blu-ray, but I wish they'd include more than 10 on the set. Come on, man!
Right, 10 is a miniscule number. If there is some kind of supplementary material, or it's under $20, then I might consdier it. Otherwise it sounds like a disappointment.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

They should just re-release the Treasures sets on Blu-ray. That would be something truly special.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Vlad Sicoe wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:26 am They should just re-release the Treasures sets on Blu-ray. That would be something truly special.
YES. :clap: :clap: :clap: I would buy every one. They came out back when I was in middle school. I so regret not getting them now, but it would've been hard for me to buy them back then, I had even less money then. :lol: I only have one volume (of Donald shorts) from then.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Disney's Divinity wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:20 pm
Vlad Sicoe wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:26 am They should just re-release the Treasures sets on Blu-ray. That would be something truly special.
YES. :clap: :clap: :clap: I would buy every one. They came out back when I was in middle school. I so regret not getting them now, but it would've been hard for me to buy them back then, I had even less money then. :lol: I only have one volume (of Donald shorts) from then.
Same here, I have one about Disneyland and I, well, treasure it. If the club wanted me to join, this is how they'd do it!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Update on that Mickey and Minnie release; it'll receive a wide release on 2/7. So far, a Wal-Mart listing is present (but you'll get a free pin):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mickey-Minni ... 2223273964

On the topic of more classic Disney shorts on home video, the good news about this release is that it's the first of hopefully MANY. So if you want to see MORE, I would recommend pre-ordering this ASAP. The more this and future volumes sell, the more Disney will see there's STILL a market for the classic shorts AND physical media and they'll give us BIGGER AND BETTER (I.E. Box sets WITH extras!).

And some good news, a friend of mine said that the release is already a BIG seller on DMC, so that's a good sign already. ;)
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Wow, great news that it's also coming to Walmart. If it does come to Amazon, I will order it.
blackcauldron85

Per a DMC email this afternoon, the new Mickey/Minnie Blu has:

Steamboat Willie (also on Celebrating Mickey)
Brave Little Tailor (also on Celebrating Mickey)
The Little Whirlwind (also on Celebrating Mickey)
Thru the Mirror (also on Celebrating Mickey)
On Ice
Hawaiian Holiday
Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip
Mickey's Delayed Date
Figaro and Frankie
Bath Day

For reference, the other
Celebrating Mickey shorts were The Band Concert, Mickey's Rival, Boat Builders, Mickey's Trailer, Tugboat Mickey, Mickey's Birthday Party, Pluto's Party, The Simple Things, Get a Horse.
blackcauldron85

Did anyone else have issues with adding Mickey & Minnie: 10 Classic Shorts to your Movies Anywhere? I just entered my code, it didn't show me what title it was, and I don't think it gave me the usual "it can take 10 minutes to update" message. And it's not showing up in my list of movies. I emailed Movies Anywhere...