Editing Posts

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Editing Posts

Post by Farerb »

Seems like editing posts is disabled, is this a new feature? What else is new around here?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Editing Posts

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I noticed that about a month or so ago and asked blackcauldron85 if she had the same problem. I assumed it was a change made because there have been some members like Dr. Frankenollie, thedisneyspirit, etc. who've been editing old posts to delete everything which make it difficult to read old threads with the missing post(s).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Hmm… I am not experiencing this issue. As a test, I just submitted a few edits to some recent posts and they all showed up.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The ability to edit posts older than 31 days has been disabled to prevent abuse and vandalism. If you have a legitimate reason for wanting to edit an old post of yours, such as to remove personal information or correct a spelling mistake, you can contact me and I will edit it for you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

I only noticed it because I was going to update a Funko wishlist post I kept going back to every once in a blue moon. I was going to cross off a bunch that have come to pass when the Cheshire Cat, White Rabbit, and King of Hearts pops were announced. I think it's fun to see how much of my wishlist has ended up coming true over time. :P I even specifically wondered about having a Cheshire Cat who had his body on top of his head or half-disappearing, too, and how cute that would be.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I only noticed it because I was going to update a Funko wishlist post I kept going back to every once in a blue moon. I was going to cross off a bunch that have come to pass when the Cheshire Cat, White Rabbit, and King of Hearts pops were announced.
If you want, I can cross them off for you. It's no trouble. Just give me the link to the post and the items you want crossed out.
Disney's Divinity

Oh, okay, I'll PM you! :)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I only wanted to change a ranking I did without spamming the main page. Not really a big deal.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^PM me if you want me to change it for you.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Usually when I post here, it's on my phone. To underline, I'll type bracket-u-bracket [ u ] (with no spaces) and to end the underline, I'll type bracket-slash-u-bracket [ / u ]. Instead of using the boxes above (B, i, u, Quote, Spoiler, strike), I'll just type it out. This has always worked for me.

The other day I made a post that had a lot of quotes in it- I clicked on "Quote" on the bottom of that member's post but edited it, adding more quotes manually, including manually entering the spoiler tag. I clicked "Submit" but then tried editing it because the quotes and spoiler tag were not showing up formatted- it showed " [ quote ]" and " [ spoiler ]" without formatting them. So I made a brand new post and the formatting worked and I edited the initial post saying disregard.

I just posted in the Encanto thread, and the same thing happened, where the underline showed as "[ u ]article title[ /u ]" instead of actually underlining it. (I edited it and removed the "[ u ]" and "[ / u]" Is this issue on my end? The forum's? Am I the only one having this issue?

*Edit* the post I had problems with the other day was in the Turning Red thread:
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic ... rd#p755045

And today it was Encanto thread:
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic ... 86#p755086

*Edit* It doesn't happen every time I post; I just successfully quoted in the Gaston/LeFou show thread...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Every time you make a post, you need to make sure the "Disable BBCode" box is not selected. Sometimes, it can get clicked on by accident, especially if you're on mobile. I checked your post in the Encanto thread and the "Disable BBCode" button was checked. I unchecked it and now the text can be formatted properly.

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I had no idea! I will keep a watch on that button-- thank you!!!!! :pink: