Additional Forum Features

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Additional Forum Features

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Just a thread to post new features you'd like to see on the forum. My ideas:

- The ability to "like" comments. Makes it easier to show support without having to quote just to say "argeed", or something.

- Notifications such as who has quoted a post of yours or liked one recently. This would be my top choice as it would make it easy to know when such things have happened without having to search through threads

- An "ignore" feature. Sometimes on other forums it just deletes ignored member's posts, but in others it can go so far as deleting quoted sections by the ignored member in other's posts. Not sure how technical this forum format allows.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Additional Forum Features

Post by Escapay »

Wire Hanger wrote:- The ability to "like" comments. Makes it easier to show support without having to quote just to say "argeed", or something.
Agreed.

(the irony of this reply is not lost on me. :P)

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I would really enjoy having an ignore function and a "like" feature.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:Just a thread to post new features you'd like to see on the forum. My ideas:

- The ability to "like" comments. Makes it easier to show support without having to quote just to say "argeed", or something.

- Notifications such as who has quoted a post of yours or liked one recently. This would be my top choice as it would make it easy to know when such things have happened without having to search through threads

- An "ignore" feature. Sometimes on other forums it just deletes ignored member's posts, but in others it can go so far as deleting quoted sections by the ignored member in other's posts. Not sure how technical this forum format allows.
I was reading this as in these actually were new features on the forum. And I was all, "Wha'??!! How come I didn't know about this?!" and then figured that, hey, I don't even remember getting to work half the time in the morning. (That crazy time in between the first and second cup of coffee is very hazy most days.) And then I was looking all around Albert's post so that I could "like" it. And then I re-read the first post in the the thread. :oops:

I just added nothing to the conversation, btw...
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

pinkrenata wrote:I just added nothing to the conversation, btw...
You're hilarious! :lol:

Here's what features I wish the forum had.

• An optional "Gender" category that can be displayed underneath one's username (just like how the "Location" category works).

• Ability to "like" posts.

• Spoiler tags that can hide images.

• Opening links in a new tab instead of redirecting.

• Ability to embed tweets.

• An "Ignore" or "Foe" feature.

• Ability to embed videos from other video-hosting services besides YouTube.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I'm all for adding an "ignore" feature and actually suggested it here ages ago; it's much easier to skip over posts that you just know you'll find offensive if you've already set them up to be hidden. Less potential for drama and arguments that way.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

enigmawing wrote:Less potential for drama and arguments that way.
But that spoils the fun.
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Hyperlink Direction

Post by Patrick »

Currently when a user clicks a link, they are taken to the desired page within the same tab/window. Is it possible to make it so hyperlinks open in a new window? I browse with several tabs open at a time and often find myself closing out of the new one thinking I'll return to the forum since most sites code their links that way. I know it's normally a simple coding change, but I have no idea if a small request like this would be a nightmare when dealing with the back end of a forum. :) Just a suggestion!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^I would prefer that too. I'd recommend emailing Luke with your suggestions.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage