Gender Indicator

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.

Should there be Gender Indication in Ultimate Disney Forum member profiles?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 39

Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Added mine.

:wink:
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

I don't post that often on here, but I must applaud the fact that this option is both optional and a text box, rather than a choice, for our non-binary friends (Didn't know "Freakazoid" was a gender, Lazario!). Now, if this just happens to be a side effect of how it was set up, and not it's intent (most likely), I hope it stays that way =).
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Alphapanchito wrote:(Didn't know "Freakazoid" was a gender, Lazario!)
Are you going to force me to go find a picture of that Chris Nolan Joker going "Why so serious?" Because I hate that frackin' movie.
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

Lazario wrote:
Alphapanchito wrote:(Didn't know "Freakazoid" was a gender, Lazario!)
Are you going to force me to go find a picture of that Chris Nolan Joker going "Why so serious?" Because I hate that frackin' movie.
Not at all! I wasn't saying it was a bad thing, I was just pointing it out, and using it as a good example that people can put whatever they want as their gender, which I think is great. I probably didn't make that clear, so sorry about that. I enjoyed the humor, and thought it was witty, for lack of a better term..

I hate that movie too, so you can spare us both the pain. Also, if that frackin' was a Galactica reference, you are awesome.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I've always liked your avatar.

:)
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

Lazario wrote:I've always liked your avatar.

:)
Hah, thanks! It was made by a friend for me on another Disney forum. She went by the username Sushi, so all credit goes to her (although I have NO idea where she is now). It actually has two matching signatures too, one for this one, and one for the matching bird that had Panchito's regular sombrero. But that one has disappeared into cyberspace, so Panchito now has holiday cheer all year round.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Gender Indicator

Post by Sotiris »

A gender category has finally been added to profiles. To use this new feature, go to your User Control Panel, select Profile then Edit profile, fill in the Gender category located at the bottom with what you wish and then hit Submit. This works just like the Location category. If you leave it blank, the category won't be visible when you make a post.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

That’s awesome. Thank you for adding this feature. May I ask if reopening member registration is also on the docket?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Reopening member registration is more complicated, but we're working on it!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Sotiris wrote:Reopening member registration is more complicated, but we're working on it!
Great to hear. :D Thank you for your work!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Yay, another update! Thank you, Sotiris!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I know this is a strange question, but why does it say "Suspended" under Lazario's profile above? I know he was suspended (temporarily) and simply decided not to come back for reasons--does it mean if he had changed his mind he couldn't have logged in anyway? I guess I'm confused because I know other banned members from the past like TsWade and Frankenollie's posts don't have "Suspended" or "Banned" written under them? :? And even when you go directly to their profiles, it doesn't say anything like it does with Lazario's account either. Just curious. So is Lazario suspended (which I thought had been temporary) or banned? Or is it sort of like he deleted his account via the moderators or something?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

I'm not sure about Lazario or TSWade, but I know with Frankenollie, his profile says "In the Vaults" which is another way of saying that person was banned.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Oh, yes, you're right. So "Suspended" must mean it was supposed to be temporary for Laz (or he requested his account be deleted in a way), but "In the Vaults" means banned.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm not sure what's the deal with Lazario. He was suspended before I became a moderator. What I can tell you is that his account is deactivated which means he can't login even if he wants to. The reason some banned accounts are "branded" and some are not is because branding them needs to be done manually by the administrator which is extra work and thus not always implemented.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

DVDBuff1 wrote:I'm not sure about Lazario or TSWade, but I know with Frankenollie, his profile says "In the Vaults" which is another way of saying that person was banned.
Very late coming here, but why was Frankenollie banned?

I haven't seen him here in years. I assumed he stopped visiting.

I don't recall he ever had a temper or that he behaved badly. (Then again, I guess something may have happened in some part of the forum I never frequent.)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Jules wrote:Very late coming here, but why was Frankenollie banned?
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic ... 86#p718986
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

:facepalm: Can't believe I read the answer already and completely forgot about it.

I suppose the question now is ... why did he delete his posts? Someone there mentioned that he got into squabbles. Guess I never across them.

I do remember he made a controversial Hurt or Heal game with UD members. I don't think there was a single reply to it and it had been dormant of months ... until I found it. I thought it was funny and posted a reply, bringing it back to the top and in plain view. I felt awful afterwards, because this time everybody saw it and criticised him openly. I didn't believe he had any malicious intent, and it never occurred to me that some folks may be offended if I unearthed it again. Wish I had left it where it was.

I don't think I saw much of him long after that. I hope that wasn't what prompted him to delete his posts and exit the site.