William Hurt (Gen. Ross) [1950-2022]

All topics on all things Marvel.
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

William Hurt (Gen. Ross) [1950-2022]

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

Deadline is reporting that William Hurt, the actor who played General Thaddeus Ross in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, has passed away from prostate cancer a week shy of his 72nd birthday.

Hurt played General Ross in the MCU films "The Incredible Hulk" (Universal, 2008), "Captain America: Civil War," "Avengers: Infinity War," "Avengers: Endgame" and "Black Widow," as well as in the One-Shot "The Consultant." (The General Ross character also appeared in "What If...," but was voiced by another actor).

Hurt also appeared in such non-MCU Disney-owned movies as "Broadcast News" and "Tuck Everlasting" (2002).

https://deadline.com/2022/03/william-hu ... 234977307/
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: William Hurt (Gen. Ross) [1950-2022]

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sorry, I don't often go into this section and missed this. I saw his face in the In Memoriam at the Oscars and couldn't remember if I'd already heard about that. He was a great actor with a very distinguishable voice. He's been in so many things, that it almost feels bad to say that the thing I most associate him with as Merlin where he plays a poorly CGIed dragon. I guess that's a sign of how good he is, that he managed to make the character feel real beyond all that. :P

Rest in peace.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"