Spider-Man: No Way Home

All topics on all things Marvel.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Post by blackcauldron85 »

https://deadline.com/2020/04/doctor-str ... 202917542/
Sony said Friday that it is moving their Spider-Man: Homecoming threequel to Nov. 5, 2021 instead of keeping their original July 16 date next year.

Disney then announced that Sam Raimi’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness would no longer be on November 5, 2021, rather spring to March 25, 2022.
Disney's Divinity

Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Another film next year? Already?! :o I know I have to take into account I only just finally saw Far From Home, but still I thought the next one might not be out until like '22 or '23. But good! :D
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home

‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Sequel Swings To Christmas Season 2021 With ‘Avatar 2’ Out Of The Way
https://deadline.com/2020/07/spider-man ... 202994081/
Sotiris

Re: Untitled Spider-Man Sequel

Post by Sotiris »

I don't like this one bit. It's bad enough they brought back J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson from the Raimi trilogy, now they're bringing Jamie Foxx as Electro from Webb's movie too? It's so messy and confusing. Why taint the MCU with elements from previous iterations?

'Spider-Man 3' Jolt: Jamie Foxx Returning as Electro
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... -exclusive
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Here is my reaction and thoughts on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EHqALWgBjg
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Mulan (Live-Action)

Post by Farerb »

My brother is a huge Spiderman fan and he didn't like the way they did Electro (or anything with those films) so I imagine he wouldn't like it, though since he doesn't keep up with information because of spoilers, he'll only learn about it when he sees the film. He was already disappointed with Far From Home and Into the Spider-Verse.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Jamie Foxx has confirmed his involvement in the film. He also said his character won't be blue anymore which is a relief. He looked atrocious like that.
Jamie Foxx wrote:Tell Spidey let's run it back! Super excited to be part of the Marvel Spider-Man new installment. Can't wait for y'all to check the new one. And I won't be blue in this one! But a thousand percent badass!
Source: https://twitter.com/i/status/1312139726971793409
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I really hope they get Electro right this time. The fact that they had him be obsessed with Spidey in TASM2 after just one encounter is... I think off-putting. And the whole “eyes and ears” thing probably would’ve worked better if they actually had more screen time together and he WAS actually connected to Peter/Spidey in some way.

By the way, Sotiris, what’s wrong with JK Simmons reprising his role of Jameson in the MCU? He’s possibly the best (and maybe only) actor to perfectly portray Jameson to a T.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyJedi wrote:By the way, Sotiris, what’s wrong with JK Simmons reprising his role of Jameson in the MCU? He’s possibly the best (and maybe only) actor to perfectly portray Jameson to a T.
I just don't like this blending of universes and continuities. It's poor worldbuilding and a cheap gimmick.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Maybe Jamie Foxx is playing a new different version of the character.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I'm not a fan of them bringing back actors from previous iterations either. I didn't mind it that much in the case of J.K. Simmons given that he's great as Jameson and, at least for the moment, it was just a cameo. But I don't think Electro was a good villain in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and I don't like the two movies directed by Mark Webb, so I would've preferred they had cast a new actor in the role.
DisneyFan97 wrote:Maybe Jamie Foxx is playing a new different version of the character.
I guess that's possible. Either way, I hope he and the filmmakers do a better job with the character this time around.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Benedict Cumberbatch Joins ‘Spider-Man 3’ as Doctor Strange
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... -exclusive

Kirsten Dunst on Possibly Returning to ‘Spider-Man’: ‘I Would Never Say No to Something Like That’
https://variety.com/2021/scene/news/kir ... 235110909/
Disney's Divinity

I'm happier by that than Jamie Foxx... :/ Still, it seems like they don't think Tom Holland's iteration can stand on its own the way they keep on adding all these other characters to the films (starting with Iron Man playing heavily into the first film).
blackcauldron85

^Do you think that they needed a "hook" to lure people into seeing yet another series of Spider-Man films, so they added Iron Man, Doctor Strange, etc.?
Disney's Divinity

Could be. Even someone like me who was all in for this, Far From Home was disappointing... So I can understand the logic. I just think it's a shame because Holland himself is perfect in the role.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

All of the MCU films include an appearance of some kind from a character from one of the other films. It's all part of the interconnected nature of the franchise. Remember Falcon showing up in "Ant-Man"? Or Martin Freeman's FBI agent and Andy Serkis's criminal returning for pivotal roles in "Black Panther"? So I don't see this as out of the ordinary for the Marvel Universe. It's almost expected at this point.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
blackcauldron85

^ That's true, good point. Am I the only one that sees these Spider-Man films as somewhat other, since Sony released them?
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

estefan wrote:All of the MCU films include an appearance of some kind from a character from one of the other films. It's all part of the interconnected nature of the franchise. Remember Falcon showing up in "Ant-Man"? Or Martin Freeman's FBI agent and Andy Serkis's criminal returning for pivotal roles in "Black Panther"? So I don't see this as out of the ordinary for the Marvel Universe. It's almost expected at this point.
To be fair, in the case of Freeman and Serkis' characters, their original iterations in the comics are primarily connected to Black Panther. If anything, their previous appearances were more like build-up for their roles in Black Panther.

As for Dr. Strange appearing in the next Spider-Man, one take I've seen is that each film tends to give Peter a new father figure to work with, with Iron Man in the first movie, and Fury in the second. There's also Happy in both, but I can see him as more of an uncle, especially if he and May hit it off. So maybe that'll be Strange's role here?
blackcauldron85

Rumor that Tobey & Andrew will be in this film...
https://www.awn.com/news/spider-man-3-r ... spider-men
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The article you posted doesn't mention this, but this was originally reported by FandomWire. I'm not familiar with their track record, so I'm not sure whether they're reliable or not. Until a trade or Sony themselves confirm it, you should take it with a grain of salt. One thing's for sure, fans will go nuts if it's true.

The same website also published an article on which villains are going to appear in the film.

Spider-Man 3 Villains & Plot Details Revealed
https://fandomwire.com/spider-man-3-vil ... s-revealed