Post by Sotiris »

Ant-Man Composer Christophe Beck Will Score WandaVision
https://www.superherohype.com/tv/475748 ... andavision
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: WandaVision (TV Series)

Post by Sotiris »

The first footage from the show has arrived!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62EB4JniuTc
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

It's going to be so funny! I didn't know that they'd be in different eras! Definitely looking forward to this.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

I gotta give props to Disney for clearly doing something avant- grade and different. There’s so much television, there’s no reason NOT to be creative and push boundaries. This is the type of stuff that gets me very excited.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

https://heroichollywood.com/elizabeth-o ... ate-tease/
Wanda/Vision has completed filming unlike the Falcon and Winter Soldier show which was meant to debut this August. It would be nice if they could swap release dates but an Instagram post from Elizabeth Olsen suggests that Wanda/Vision will debut in March. At least I'll get it in my birthday month.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Evan Peters Playing Mystery Role in ‘WandaVision’
https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/exclu ... sion-role/

‘WandaVision’ to Be Loosely Based on John Byrne's Vision Quest
https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wanda ... ion-quest/

'WandaVision' To Have its Own BTS Gallery Episodes
https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wanda ... ndalorian/

First X-Men to Debut in the MCU Revealed
https://fandomwire.com/x-men-confirmed- ... r-warning/

‘Orange Is The New Black’ Star Jolene Purdy Joins ‘WandaVision’
https://thedisinsider.com/2020/10/31/or ... ndavision/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I wonder if he might be playing a grown-up Billy or Tommy.
ImageImage
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Sotiris wrote:Evan Peters Playing Mystery Role in ‘WandaVision’
https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/exclu ... sion-role/
Alternate universe Pietro? :o
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Oh lord I hope not. Although his portrayal of Quicksilver in the Fox-Men films is more along the lines of Tommy/Speed and he looks more like him too.

Which reminds me that I hope they bring the real Pietro back to life. They have enough original Avengers killed off or retired now to allow Quicksilver to return because imo killing him off was a huge waste. They really should have let Hawkeye be killed off in his stead like I heard was the original intention. He literally had no role in any film since then besides Endgame where his only purpose was to essentially give Natasha a reason to sacrifice herself. And Jeremy Renner seems like a very disturbed individual anyway.
ImageImage
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I agree, I hope to see MCU's Pietro in the series in some way. It feels like he was forgotten after he died, and this is the best possible time to explore Wanda's grief over him and do something with him.

I won't lie, while I'm generally against recasting, I would have been in favor of them replacing Jeremy Renner after what leaked earlier this year. Not only does he seem like a bad person, but he just isn't a great Hawkeye to begin with. He doesn't have the energy or passion that makes Clint such a good character from the comics. Part of it is also how he's written, but Renner doesn't try to push beyond that, either. Also, I didn't know that he was supposed to die, but that does make sense.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I thought it was a bit odd that Pietro has never been mentioned ever again since Age of Ultron, not even by Wanda. And Endgame could have given a perfect chance to bring him back ever so briefly. I still hope that with Wanda's power, she'll be able to revive her own brother either in this show or in the Doctor Strange sequel, especially if she's bringing Vision back.

I don't like recasting either but everything that came out about Jeremy Renner was very disturbing. And like you said, he is almost nothing like Clint from the comics. Clint in the comics may be a mega-jerk but he is endearing and a popular character for a reason whereas MCU Hawkeye has got little personality or energy. The writing is definitely at fault but Jeremy isn't a good enough actor to really bring charisma to the character which is why he's constantly left as an afterthought. I'm not surprised he was cut from The Winter Soldier and not even included in Infinity War.
ImageImage
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Kate Bishop is being set up as a major character in Hawkeye's Disney+ series and they're reportedly talking to Hailee Steinfeld about playing the role. If the character is well received, which I'm sure she will, I can see her then joining the Avengers in the movies.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

JeanGreyForever wrote: I don't like recasting either but everything that came out about Jeremy Renner was very disturbing. And like you said, he is almost nothing like Clint from the comics. Clint in the comics may be a mega-jerk but he is endearing and a popular character for a reason whereas MCU Hawkeye has got little personality or energy. The writing is definitely at fault but Jeremy isn't a good enough actor to really bring charisma to the character which is why he's constantly left as an afterthought. I'm not surprised he was cut from The Winter Soldier and not even included in Infinity War.
Part of the problem is that MCU Clint is based off of Ultimates Clint, which is a wash of a character. Frankly, the whole Ultimate side of Marvel isn't much to write home about, aside from parts of Ultimate Spider-Man.

I do wonder if the reason they didn't go for classic Clint's personality is because Tony Stark was enough of a smartass, which is true, but there's always room for one more. I know people complain about Joss Whedon's jokey dialogue, but I'm still a fan, and I think that he's good at balancing out character. He tried to give him a little more personality with Age of Ultron, but nothing really stood out and it ultimately became too little, too late.

And as an aside, I still think it's funny that Renner was written out of the last Mission Impossible because they thought that he would be too busy with Infinity War, when he wasn't even in it. Obviously he had a substantial role in Endgame, but it's still funny that both of his major franchises had movies in 2018 without him.
estefan wrote:Kate Bishop is being set up as a major character in Hawkeye's Disney+ series and they're reportedly talking to Hailee Steinfeld about playing the role. If the character is well received, which I'm sure she will, I can see her then joining the Avengers in the movies.
I really hope she's done well. Clint is my favorite Avenger in the comics, but I also really like Kate, and want to see her in the MCU. I was actually part of a stream with the writer of the new Hawkeye comics, and he said that he has no plans to bring Kate into his run, which really disappointed me.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Avaitor wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote: I don't like recasting either but everything that came out about Jeremy Renner was very disturbing. And like you said, he is almost nothing like Clint from the comics. Clint in the comics may be a mega-jerk but he is endearing and a popular character for a reason whereas MCU Hawkeye has got little personality or energy. The writing is definitely at fault but Jeremy isn't a good enough actor to really bring charisma to the character which is why he's constantly left as an afterthought. I'm not surprised he was cut from The Winter Soldier and not even included in Infinity War.
Part of the problem is that MCU Clint is based off of Ultimates Clint, which is a wash of a character. Frankly, the whole Ultimate side of Marvel isn't much to write home about, aside from parts of Ultimate Spider-Man.

I do wonder if the reason they didn't go for classic Clint's personality is because Tony Stark was enough of a smartass, which is true, but there's always room for one more. I know people complain about Joss Whedon's jokey dialogue, but I'm still a fan, and I think that he's good at balancing out character. He tried to give him a little more personality with Age of Ultron, but nothing really stood out and it ultimately became too little, too late.

And as an aside, I still think it's funny that Renner was written out of the last Mission Impossible because they thought that he would be too busy with Infinity War, when he wasn't even in it. Obviously he had a substantial role in Endgame, but it's still funny that both of his major franchises had movies in 2018 without him.
estefan wrote:Kate Bishop is being set up as a major character in Hawkeye's Disney+ series and they're reportedly talking to Hailee Steinfeld about playing the role. If the character is well received, which I'm sure she will, I can see her then joining the Avengers in the movies.
I really hope she's done well. Clint is my favorite Avenger in the comics, but I also really like Kate, and want to see her in the MCU. I was actually part of a stream with the writer of the new Hawkeye comics, and he said that he has no plans to bring Kate into his run, which really disappointed me.
I don't remember much of Ultimate Clint but I didn't realize he was such a bore. At least they didn't butcher his character like they did with Hank, Wanda, Pietro, and Natasha (Hank a wifebeater, Wanda and Pietro the incestuous twins whose real father was Wolverine, and Natasha the evil double agent). I used to read Ultimate X-Men and Fantastic Four which were both decent enough. I don't remember if I read the Ultimates or not and I never read Ultimate Spider-Man which I should do since that was the best.

Tony's personality in the comics was a lot more toned down than what the MCU gave, to the point that they had to use an inversion spell on the comic character to alter his personality and make him match up with the MCU version of Tony. So I can see why maybe they felt Clint needed to be the more serious, straight-man although that made him devoid of any personality at all. Honestly, he wasn't memorable at all in Age of Ultron either besides the "revelation" of his family which I don't think anyone in the audience actually for. If anything, it hurt his character because all the Clint and Nat shippers lost out on that and the fans waiting for Mockingbird to be introduced as his wife lost out on that as well.

Wow, I had no idea that Renner was removed from Mission Impossible as well. I feel like there's more of a story there because it can't be a coincidence that two huge franchises both ignored him in one year.

I've never read much with Kate but I know she has a huge fanbase and I'm a big fan of Hailee Steinfeld. I would love to see the Young Avengers somewhere down the lines with Kate, a grown-up Cassie from the Ant-Man films (wasn't she cast or rumored to be cast), and Billy and Tommy if they are introduced in Wanda/Vision. Hulkling would need a special introduction due to his origin but thanks to Captain Marvel, it wouldn't be impossible to introduce him as a lost Kree/Skrull heir. Patriot or Miss America could be easily included and maybe even Kid Loki. I doubt Jonas/Vision would be included and Iron Lad probably wouldn't make sense without Kang the Conqueror although I've heard people say that kid from Iron Man 3 could become Iron Lad.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

How Benedict Cumberbatch’s Dr. Strange Almost Appeared in ‘WandaVision’
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news ... n-1164455/

Elizabeth Olsen Answers All Our Burning Questions About ‘WandaVision’ — and What About a Season 2?
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/eliz ... 234990661/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Ok... for the people who are into comic books... lil help here.

So, I saw this trailer, and I think it looks super cool and interesting, and I am tempted to watch this show when it comes out. BUT....

I didn't read the comic books, I have barely seen any Marvel movies, and I don't even know who/what Wandavision is. Will I be able to understand this show???
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I haven't seen all the Marvel films, and I haven't read the comics, but I'm still looking forward to this. I have seen The Avengers films, so I know these characters from those. I think it'd still be worth it to watch- people like us may just need to do some research after each episode if we're confused. I think the appeal for me is more that it's set up (partly) like an old sitcom.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘WandaVision’ Trailer Racks Up Massive Traffic In 24 Hours Post-Emmys
https://deadline.com/2020/09/wandavisio ... 234582487/
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Based on only the trailer, it can be a little hard to know what it's actually about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9J2ecsSpo

I wonder if they are actually located in the Mojoverse, where their whole life is just meant to entertain an audience.