Your favorite Star Wars character

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
Luna
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Luna »

I actually don't really have a favorite character,though there are alot I like...

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
Han Solo
Yoda
C-3PO and R2 D2(they work best together)
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Qui-Gon Jin
Padme Amidala
Luke Skywalker
"It's the apocalypse all right....I always thought I'd have a hand in it..." -Professor Farnsworth(Futurama)
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Escapay wrote:The third storm trooper to the left in the opening scene of ROTJ. :P

Escapay
What´s his name?
Butty? :lol:

Oh...yes I won you Timon/Pumbaa Fan :twisted:

But at least we get it n_n
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

Yes Ewoks Count, If you want a name for one then there is

Wicket - The Ewok that befriended Leia
Dark Knight Rulez
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

obi
yoda
padme
the african guy i cant remember the name
anakin
emperor
mace windu
jango
leia
r2 & c3po
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Without a doubt...Han Solo
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Your favorite Star Wars character

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Han Solo
Yoda
Darth Vader
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

It's funny how this isn't off-topic anymore.

1. Princess Leia
2. Ben Solo/Kylo Ren
3. Rey
4. Luke Skywalker
5. Emperor Palpatine
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

As much as I do like the humans, I've always been partial to the non-human characters. I've always been a Jar Jar fan, I love the Porgs and the Ewoks, Chewbacca (fun side note- one of my dogs makes noises, and one of her nicknames is Chewbacca, but we also say she has Yoda ears!), C-3PO + R2D2, BB-8, Yoda (and Baby Yoda!). Watto's cool.

As for people, it's hard for me to put Luke, Leia, + Han against each other- they all are important and great in their own ways. I like Rey; I wish we had more Finn + Poe, because I really like them. Of course I like Obi-Wan/Ben. I like Qui-Gon (sp?). I like Lando; he has a presence to him, very charming in his own way; I like Rose, I like little Anakin, I like Padme, Mace Windu. Villains aren't usually my favorite characters in any film, bit obviously Darth Vader is one of the greats. Hux, Palatine...I feel that Star Wars, maybe more than any other series that I've seen, has so many important characters, leads and side characters.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I've never liked or hated Jar Jar, he was just there for me. I adore the Porgs and the Ewoks! Chewie is iconic and I love C-3PO, R2-D2, and BB-8. 3PO, who is usualy the least favorite of the iconic droids, is actually my #1 fav droid because I love the fuddy-duddy British type. I like the OT Yoda but not the CGI one from the PT. Not just design wise but PT Yoda is pretty hypocritical for my taste and feels like a different character. Not super into Watto, apparently he's heavily based on negative Jewish stereotypes. The Phantom Menace is full of characters like that though. Nute Gunray and the rest of the Neimodians are Chinese stereotypes and Jar Jar got heavily criticized for being an Afro-Caribbean stereotype.

I used to prefer characters like Luke over Han (like Captain America over Iron Man) but Han has grown a lot on me over the years. I like OT Obi-Wan Kenobi but I'm not a fan of Ewan McGregor so PT Obi-Wan doesn't do anything for me. Lando is super charming and I wish he had a bigger role. Rose I love and also wish she had more in TROS. Padme was wasted imo and it's such a shame because she used to be one of my favorites. Natalie Portman really tries in those films but you can tell she needed a better director. Mace Windu I used to like because of his purple lightsaber but as a character himself, he's super arrogant and represents the worst aspects of the Jedi, particularly the dogma. Much like PT Yoda, I can't stand him anymore. Qui-Gon I used to think was boring but he's really grown on me as one of the only good Jedi from the PT which was the point of his character I guess. Finn and Poe both never appealed to me. Neither of them really took off anyway and I still remember how in Rob Lowe's review for The Last Jedi, he said the Rey and Ben parts were amazing and the next film needs to include way more of them and less of everyone else lol. If only JJ had listened to that.

Vader is super iconic although Anakin drags him down a little. I love how you said you like little Anakin and I like him too even if the Internet bullied him for so long. Hayden's Anakin (the grownup version) is very unlikable and not a good actor at all. The only thing he has going for him is that I thought he was cute especially with the long hair in Revenge of the Sith but I can see why so many people felt he neutered Darth Vader's character and destroyed their image of one of the most iconic villains of all time. Darth Maul is only interesting because of his design and lightsaber, otherwise he had almost no lines or role in his one film. Dooku is played by the great Christopher Lee which is the only redeeming quality he has otherwise, he's only in the end of AOTC and the beginning of ROTS so we hardly get to know him. I love Hux as well! Phasma was good but wasted imo with such a small role.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

Wow, Phasma didn't even cross my mind! :oops:
JeanGreyForever wrote:Not super into Watto, apparently he's heavily based on negative Jewish stereotypes
Wow, I feel like I don't know much; I learned about Corpse Bride, Miss Peregrine, and now Watto. :( For what it's worth, I think Watto looks cool more than I love the character, but I also think his character helps us understand more about Anakin. I don't dislike Hayden, but he's not my most favorite.

Yeah, Mace isn't the best moral-wise or my most favorite character, but I think it's interesting that he straddles the line, you know?

I forgot Ben, too...I remember typing it, trying to remember to include both Bens!! Oops. I didn't put Kylo either...oops. He's a good villain too- his connection with Rey was really interesting.

Um, hubs is curious about your thoughts on who shot first (he literally just put his Han shirt on and said to ask your opinion!!)...
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote:Wow, Phasma didn't even cross my mind! :oops:
JeanGreyForever wrote:Not super into Watto, apparently he's heavily based on negative Jewish stereotypes
Wow, I feel like I don't know much; I learned about Corpse Bride, Miss Peregrine, and now Watto. :( For what it's worth, I think Watto looks cool more than I love the character, but I also think his character helps us understand more about Anakin. I don't dislike Hayden, but he's not my most favorite.

Yeah, Mace isn't the best moral-wise or my most favorite character, but I think it's interesting that he straddles the line, you know?

I forgot Ben, too...I remember typing it, trying to remember to include both Bens!! Oops. I didn't put Kylo either...oops. He's a good villain too- his connection with Rey was really interesting.

Um, hubs is curious about your thoughts on who shot first (he literally just put his Han shirt on and said to ask your opinion!!)...
No one could blame you for that, based on her limited screentime it seems even Disney forgot about her except when it came to merchandising where she rivaled Kylo Ren in the amount of merchandise produced for her.

The Watto stuff isn't anything I noticed as a kid (same with Jar Jar and the Neimodians) but I can see those stereotypes a little more clearly now having heard from other people talk about it. He always made me feel a bit icky though considering he owned Anakin and his mother as slaves and wouldn't release Anakin's mother at the end of The Phantom Menace. I think his sense of humor is why people still gravitate towards him though because it makes him feel like he can't be all bad. That and his design like you said.

In the books, Mace Windu apparently uses a Force technique called Vaapad which allows him to draw on the dark side to empower himself. Only the most trained and resilient Jedi can do this without going to the dark side themselves and this is also how Mace is able to beat Palpatine. The PT never appealed to me as much so I never read most of the supplementary material from that era.

The Rey/Kylo connection in the ST has often been said by critics to be one of the best new elements created for the films and even by detractors as one of the main redeeming qualities. Rob Lowe clearly felt that way anyway. Elizabeth Banks as well.

Oh that's cool of your husband! And yes, like most Star Wars fans, I believe Han shot first. I know he isn't a big fan of the new Disney films but you should tell him that in Solo, Disney made sure that Han shot first there as well.
ImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Jabba the Hut. Then Yoda.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

^ Ooh, Jabba's weirdly not a more popular answer!!

JeanGrey, thank you- I'll let him know! He actually did watch Solo after I bought it, and he liked it more than he thought he was going to!! 8)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

BB8 and Porgs.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote: JeanGrey, thank you- I'll let him know! He actually did watch Solo after I bought it, and he liked it more than he thought he was going to!! 8)
That was the fan reaction of a lot of people who refused to watch Solo or Disney Star Wars films. When they eventually did get around to watching Solo, they ended up liking it a lot more than they thought and now they're trying to use social media to get a Solo sequel. Solo 2 regularly trends.
farerb wrote:BB8 and Porgs.
Your taste is similar to blackcauldron85 then since you both like the cutesy characters.
ImageImage