Star Wars: The Mandalorian

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I was aware about the presence of a baby for a while but I honestly assumed it would be a human baby. The Yoda thing came as a huge surprise to me. I knew they would answer the mystery of Yoda's species but it never dawned on me for even as second that the two plot threads would be merged together and the baby would be a Yoda baby.

BTW, just a reminder that the next episode will be released this Friday and for pretty much the rest of the season, every new episode will be released on Friday.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Episode 2 was really good! I am a little obsessed with Yoda-baby. This was a shorter episode, but it still packed a lot into it.

spoilers:
The sandhorn didn't have to die. Damn those Jawas. That whole fight made me really sad. The Mandalorian went into its home, and it ends up dead. It asked for none of that.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote:Episode 2 was really good! I am a little obsessed with Yoda-baby. This was a shorter episode, but it still packed a lot into it.

spoilers:
The sandhorn didn't have to die. Damn those Jawas. That whole fight made me really sad. The Mandalorian went into its home, and it ends up dead. It asked for none of that.
I'm dying for Disney to release baby Yoda toys, especially a plush, as soon as possible.

Yeah, I felt bad for the Jawas after some of them were disintegrated but not after that scene. They really are loathsome creatures or whatever C-3PO says to describe them in ANH.

Episode 3 will apparently be around the same length as the first two. I'm especially looking forward to Episode 4, which Bryce Dallas Howard directs.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

My Christmas wish!
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/21/baby-yo ... oming.html (The Fandom app had said that there wouldn't be anytime soon: http://www.fandom.com/curated/fandom-on-twitter-2706)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

So excited! The first link said that there could be merchandise as soon as this Friday. I hope the Disney Store releases an interactive version that makes sounds and moves.
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

The appeal of Baby Yoda still hasn't been lost on me three episodes in. It was nice diving into Mandalorian culture a bit andseeing them all in action at the end. I also love how shiny his new armor is.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

I know there wouldn't have been much of an episode unless they rewrote it, but why oh why didn't he just take the bounty, kill them all in that room, and take Baby Yoda from the get-go?!?!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote:I know there wouldn't have been much of an episode unless they rewrote it, but why oh why didn't he just take the bounty, kill them all in that room, and take Baby Yoda from the get-go?!?!
The little ball from that lever in his ship seemed to be the catalyst for him lol. It probably would have been harder for him to take baby Yoda right after he delivered him because that former Imperial was still there and could call reinforcements. When he returns later, the Imperial is never present.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

^ That makes sense; I'm good with that. Thanks :)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I really liked the new character and hope to see more of her (which I think it has been confirmed that she will be back). Really curious what the next episode will be like now.

Bryce Dallas Howard did an amazing job directing this episode.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

I bawled when the lite girl was saying by to BY. I liked the new character too. When the Mandalorian was telling BY to stay in the ship, I was yelling at the screen. I figured he'd make a mess/keep pushing buttons, get lost, or get stolen. So I was glad when he took him along. But then he just let BY walk behind him...I continued yelling that someone could kidnap him. I'm so protective over BY as if he were my own. :p

So, my husband has really enjoyed the first 3 episodes, but with 12 minutes left or so, he gave up and didn't want to finish it. He thought that the battle wasn't realistic, that the AT-ST would have done more damage... I enjoyed it. He missed some cute BY stuff near the end, too, but I sent him a screenshot (he had called it, BY eating the frog, but I told him he spit it out...)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Every scene with Baby Yoda captivates me and I just want to eat him up lol. I loved seeing his interactions with other characters and the goodbye at the end was heartbreaking. I liked how he spit out the frog too because of the kids.

Your husband clearly should rewatch ROTJ then since all those issues he had stem from that film. In fact, the AT-ST was far more threatening in this episode than it ROTJ which a lot of people commented about online. It does cause some damage to the village though which is more than what we see in ROTJ.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

^ :lol: I love that you're my go-to when my husband complains about SW; you have a response for all of his complaints! I will let him know!!
blackcauldron85

The hubs said "ROTJ killed 200 Ewoks...rebel soldiers...killed more people...shouldn't compare it to its sh!tt!est moments...when Chewy got a hold of it...killed people...if they're not going to cause damage with a weapon of war, don't use a weapon of war. It's like having a Jedi fight a Sith but with fists, not lightsabers." I told him I get his point of view regarding wanting more damage...
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote:^ :lol: I love that you're my go-to when my husband complains about SW; you have a response for all of his complaints! I will let him know!!
You told me in the past that he watches a lot of those really critical and negative videos on YouTube about how Disney has ruined Star Wars and all its faults. Honestly, most of those videos exist prey upon unsuspecting fans like this and they're known for making huge amounts of money which is why so many exist. The lucrative thing to do is attack these films and Disney and half the people making the content are flat out making stuff up or don't even believe what they're saying. There are even some YouTubers who were huge fans of The Last Jedi but realized that there was more money to be made by making hate videos so they changed their stance completely.

These same videos are the ones that made up flat-out lies that George Lucas has been brought onto The Rise of Skywalker in the last month to fix it because supposedly test audiences hated it, even though JJ Abrams himself debunked this and said that no Star Wars film has had any test screenings so why would they start with this one. You should really tell your husband to find more legitimate sources of Star Wars news or information because this is the equivalent of Fox News and Trump's alternative facts. They cater to a very small subsection of unhappy, if not rabid, fans who will accept anything that is exactly what they want to hear. There's a reason that Russian bots didn't just target the US election but even Star Wars of all things lol.
blackcauldron85 wrote:The hubs said "ROTJ killed 200 Ewoks...rebel soldiers...killed more people...shouldn't compare it to its sh!tt!est moments...when Chewy got a hold of it...killed people...if they're not going to cause damage with a weapon of war, don't use a weapon of war. It's like having a Jedi fight a Sith but with fists, not lightsabers." I told him I get his point of view regarding wanting more damage...
Does he have stats for how many casualties there were in ROTJ? I've never heard those numbers before and a quick Google search and checking Wookieepedia tells me that the Ewok village was home to 200 Ewoks so there's absolutely no way that 200 Ewoks were killed. And the Rebel squad was a pretty small one and we don't see any Rebel casualties on the ground and only one or two Ewoks killed. Chewbacca killed Stormtroopers, much like how in this latest episode, the main casualties were the raiders (I forgot what they were called).

I really don't get that analogy. The more appropriate one would be Jedi using lightsabers in combat but not killing anyone with it, which btw, they regularly do. Or Stormtroopers holding blasters but never firing them on anyone, or in fact, firing but never hitting anybody, which is anything thing that Stormtroopers are infamous for in the original films for always missing.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

I agree with you about the kinds of SW videos he watches. I know he subscribes to "good" channels too, like Star Wars Theory.

I'm hoping he will give The Mandalorian a chance this Friday. I'm seeing TRoS with my parents, so I'll have to try to convince him to want to see it after I see it, if it's possible!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Star Wars Theory is a good one I think. Tbh, I don't watch a lot of the YouTube videos but I'm familiar with the infamous ones because they are constantly lambasted online. Mike Zeroh comes to mind because he releases a dozen videos a day and there's not an iota of truth in any of them.

Rumor has it that Episode 6 will be a really important one (so not this week's episode but the week after that). I think this is the one that George Lucas had some input in and apparently it will have a lot of Yoda lore so maybe he'll get perked up from hearing that. As for TROS, maybe word of mouth will encourage him.
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Wow, so much for coming in time for Christmas.
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

'The Mandalorian' on Disney Plus is the top TV show in the world
https://www.businessinsider.com/the-man ... 19-12?IR=T

So much for Star Wars being dead like the haters like to say. :roll:
ImageImage