Star Wars: The Force Awakens

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

I couldn't find another thread dedicated to the new Star Wars film but I thought it might be time to start one with production so close to beginning and more information likely to start being leaked/confirmed.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/star- ... 201121646/

It looks like we're about to hear the first official confirmation of a cast member for Disney's first foray into the Star Wars film universe. Adam Driver is close to signing on as the villain in the new trilogy. Casting announcements should begin in the next few weeks with filming due to begin in London in April.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Re: Star Wars Episode VII (2015)

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

Bob Iger has confirmed today what has pretty much been public knowledge for a while now, that "very familiar faces" from the saga will appear alongside a new trio of lead characters. He also said Star Wars 7 will take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

The cast has been announced!

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-epis ... unced.html
The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I like it! The old gang is back... I don't really know the new actors except for Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow. I am very happy with Max von Sydow being in the film as I've always liked him as an actor.

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I wonder if they'll be big features of the new film, or cameos ? I suppose they wouldn't be all at a script reading if it was just a cameo.
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Sounds awesome especially Gollum and Father Marian in the film.

I think this could be the most epic movie of next year with Avengers 2 or some others. Disney has their hands full now. I hope the movie can deliver like the old trilogy had, i was disappointed in the last 3 movies as i felt Lucas didn't hired a proper writer and director for them as he maybe a visionary storyteller but his writing stinks.

Yet maybe Fox should release the original unbutchered, unedited and unbastardnized versions of the classic trilogy and release them out of the Lucasfilm vault now that Lucas is no longer in charge and has retired from his company to have the company restore the films in 3k or 4k restoration glory to cash in on this movie, wouldn't that be sweet?
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

With the current output of the Walt Disney Animation Studios disappointing me so much, this is pretty much one of the only things from Disney right now that I'm looking forward to in any way. I'd rather see CGI in live action special effects movies like Star Wars than see it as today's animated films.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

HarryCanyon wrote:Yet maybe Fox should release the original unbutchered, unedited and unbastardnized versions of the classic trilogy and release them out of the Lucasfilm vault now that Lucas is no longer in charge and has retired from his company to have the company restore the films in 3k or 4k restoration glory to cash in on this movie, wouldn't that be sweet?
They can't. Disney now owns Empire and Jedi as part of buying Lucasfilm, and Fox will lose the original Star Wars in 2020.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Fflewduur
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fflewduur »

^Fox actually own distribution rights for Star Wars in perpetuity, and such rights for Empire and Jedi until 2020.
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

I'm either remembering wrongly, or something changed between the initial announcement and the official announcement...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

The people that hate the prequels will just find reasons to hate the new movies. There is just no pleasing them cause they put the original trilogy on a pedestal.
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

bradhig wrote:The people that hate the prequels will just find reasons to hate the new movies. There is just no pleasing them cause they put the original trilogy on a pedestal.
I don't know about that. I gave the prequels a chance, though their hype kind of fizzled out after Episode III and their whole draw in the first place was learning the origin of Darth Vader. I would no doubt give the new ones a chance also.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Disney plans expanded 'Star Wars' presence at theme parks
But, fear not: The Walt Disney Co. has big theme park plans for its big franchise. “We’re also developing ideas and designs for a far greater Star Wars presence in our parks,” Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger told investors on the company’s quarterly earnings call Tuesday. “We expect to provide details about this sometime next year.”

When asked whether or not Disney has a parks franchise that’s comparable to Harry Potter for Universal, Iger mentioned Cars and the Disney Princesses, and promised that Star Wars, “is going to be just that.”

Iger also offered a small, if unsurprising, nugget about the film itself, which is set to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015. “Production on Star Wars: Episode VII is on track,” he said, declining, when prompted, to answer any questions about Harrison Ford’s on-set accident. Iger added: “The footage we’ve seen so far is spectacular and certainly worthy of the fan frenzy and excitement this movie is generating around the world.”
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/08/05/disne ... 17b347a0f5
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

... I just hope they don't f*** this up for us. :(
Last edited by DisneyJedi on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Is that kind of language needed on these forums?

The use of foul language, while you might not find it this way, is very offensive and shows a lack of respect for others. It also defines what type of education you have.

There are lots of other words that a person can use to describe what they feel without the use of "f" bombs and the like.

Remember there are lots of younger people that read these threads and offensive words should not be part of any person't dialogue.

I know this is way off track, but those who know me, know that I am not a prude, I just think if a person can't say five words in a row without using expletives, he needs to go back to school and get an education in how to properly explain him or herself.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Bitch, please!
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Concept art leaked:
http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2014/ ... t.html?m=1

I teared-up like Kevin Smith when I looked at it! :D
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Barbossa wrote:Concept art leaked:

They say that there are major spoilers there, so I am choosing not to look at them. I saw one at aintitcool.com that wasn't spoilery and it was pretty cool. Just from what I'm hearing though, it is sounding to me that they are trying too hard to connect to the originals. What I am most afraid of is just a rehash of what we've already seen.

One of the things that I liked about the prequels is new characters and places. Its great that the original actors are coming back to continue the story, but I want to see new things as well. You know what I mean?
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Barbossa wrote:Concept art leaked:

Let me ask... is there something, anything, new and different in the pics? I don't want any spoilers but I'd like to know more without knowing more, if you know what I mean. Remember, no spoilers!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Warwick "Wicket" Davis confirmed for VII!:
http://www.theforce.net/story/front/War ... 160347.asp