Star Wars: The Clone Wars

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Official announcemnet and Package Art from WB! Courtest of The Force.net:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/stor ... 124627.asp

RELIVE THE ADVENTURES. EXPLORE THE GALAXY.
FEEL THE FORCE LIKE NEVER BEFORE.

The Complete Season One

From Lucasfilm Ltd. and Warner Home Video, Four-Disc Set Includes Companion Featurettes For All 22 Action-Packed Episodes, and a Blu-ray Exclusive - Jedi Temple Archives

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (July 15, 2009) – After wowing TV audiences with a cutting-edge, animated look at “a galaxy far, far away,” Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ The Complete Season One is coming to DVD and high-definition Blu-ray Disc November 3 from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Warner Home Video.

Live the adventures again and again, and dig deeper into the first season of The Clone Wars with a comprehensive look behind-the-scenes of the popular animated series. Uniquely packaged with an exclusive 64 page production journal, the four-disc set contains all 22 episodes from the groundbreaking first season – including seven extended Director’s Cuts – as well as companion featurettes for each episode. And exclusive to the Blu-ray disc, The Jedi Temple Archives provides in-depth access to an extensive database of creative materials.

“I’m a longtime Star Wars fan, and the same’s true for a lot of the guys working on the show,” said supervising director Dave Filoni. “And as a fan, I know that Lucasfilm can be pretty secretive. They’re famous for it. But we’re all so proud of the work that’s gone into The Clone Wars, and we wanted to share some of our production tricks, and open up the vault and reveal our efforts. You’re going to get unprecedented access, to see the nuts and bolts of our series – from concept to finished animation.”

Created and executive produced by George Lucas, the first-ever TV production from Lucasfilm Animation explores the tumultuous time between Episodes II and III of the live-action saga, expanding the scope of Star Wars beyond anything seen in the feature films. With the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance, the heroes of the Republic – including the valiant Jedi Knights and their loyal clone troopers – fight bravely to repel the attacks of the evil Separatists and their droid army.

“The live-action saga was just the beginning. The universe is vast, and there are so many more stories to explore beyond Anakin’s fall and redemption,” said Lucas. “The scope of the war gives us the perfect vehicle for a weekly series, allowing us to look at how the conflict has affected the farthest reaches of the galaxy, including characters, creatures and races we only glimpsed in the feature films. Animation has allowed us to visualize the worlds and characters of Star Wars in all new ways.”

Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One will be available November 3 for the suggested retail price of $44.98 for DVD and $59.99 for Blu-ray.

Special Features:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One is presented in widescreen with English, Spanish and French 5.1 DTS audio and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus features include:
• Seven Director’s Cut Episodes: Rising Malevolence, Shadow of Malevolence, Lair of Grievous, Rookies, Storm Over Ryloth, Innocents of Ryloth and Liberty on Ryloth
• 22 Episodic Featurettes that go behind-the-scenes with Supervising Director Dave Filoni and crew about the making-of each episode
• Spectacular 64 page production journal that includes early sketches, artist notes, and concept art from each episode from Season One
• Blu-ray Exclusive – The Jedi Temple Archives - An extensive database exploring test footage, early concept art, 3-D character and object turnarounds and early animation. The Archives is a rare look at the assets in various stages of creation for The Clone Wars, with a wealth of surprises and never-before seen moments sprinkled throughout.

Synopsis
As the Clone Wars sweep through the galaxy, the heroic Jedi Knights – including Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master Yoda and padawan Ahsoka Tano – struggle to maintain order and restore peace. But despite the best efforts of these brave protectors, more and more planets are falling prey to the sinister forces of the dark side…

Star Wars: The Clone Wars features the voices of Matt Lanter (“90210”) as Anakin Skywalker, Ashley Eckstein (“That’s So Raven”) as Ahsoka Tano, James Arnold Taylor (“The Spectacular Spider-Man”) as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Tom Kane (“Wolverine and the X-Men”) as Yoda.

Lucasfilm, Star Wars: The Clone Wars™, Lucasfilm Animation and related character names, vehicle names and properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

# # #

STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS THE COMPLETE SEASON ONE
Street Date: November 3, 2009
SRP: DVD $44.98, Blu-ray $59.99
Total Episode Run Time: 484 Minutes, Featurette Run Time: 146 Minutes
MPAA Rating: TV-PG
Closed Captioned: Yes

Just a note, the DTS maybe a typo from WB as we may get the episodes in Dolby Digital 5.1. Still, if it was DTS, that would be awewsome!
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Complete Season Two

Post by Darby »

Coming to DVD and Blu-Ray on October 26, 2010.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Clone- ... ease/13832

Darby
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I'm excited!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

MIGHT get it if it comes down to a decent price. The first season was interesting (Even though I did not completely finish it).
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

So how many seasons is George planning for this show?

I'm about halfway watching the DVDs of season 1.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

Barbossa wrote:So how many seasons is George planning for this show?

I remember hearing that he was planning about 5 seasons or so of the show.

I watched the entire season 1 with my kids when it first came out and loved it!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

yes! I dont have to wait for christmas!
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I can't ****ing wait! I love the Clone Wars show but due to work schedules and stuff (they always put new Phineas and Ferbs on the same time new Clone Wars episodes are on, and since we'll probably never see Phineas and Ferb DVDs besides the two we already have, I have to go with P&F lol) I didn't see a lot of season 2.

Looking forward to getting it on Blu-ray!
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Ioz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ioz »

Barbossa wrote:So how many seasons is George planning for this show?

At one time, he said about 100 episodes. Things could change, of course. I'll be getting this DVD set.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

I too have not watched the first season fully, though upon bying the bluray certain episodes were still airing in the netherlands so I was skipping from the bluray to the tv :D

I have seen some conceptual work for season two and I have to say
I like some of the new characters I saw, time will tell though since I am not in love with all character designs, Yoda's to square looking for my taste :lol:
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Pre-Order at Amazon

Post by Darby »

The DVD version is now up for pre-order at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TL ... d_i=507846

Darby
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Tim Curry is new voice of Paplatine in Star Wars Clone Wars

Post by disneyboy20022 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan-you ... 76241.html

I have been given the go ahead by Lucasfilm to reveal here exclusively that Tim Curry has joined the cast of Star Wars: The Clone Wars in the role of Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious. Tim Curry might be best known for his roles in The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Clue, but he has been doing more than his fair share of excellent work over the last few decades and can now add "Future Emperor" to his resume.

Just over a year ago, Star Wars fans were saddened to learn of the passing of Ian Abercrombie, the voice of Emperor Palpatine on The Clone Wars. He'd recorded many yet to be aired episodes before the time of his death, and the question of who would resume so vital a role was chief among many questions about the future of The Clone Wars.

Over the weekend, a small screening event was held for the season finale at the Presidio headquarters of Lucasfilm and I was asked to be there in attendance. There, at the screening, during the final episode of the arc, Tim Curry made his debut in the Star Wars galaxy. You can see an exclusive clip of him in the role on Saturday's season finale:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dQBQ0XIQuiI" frameborder="0"></iframe>

was able to talk to the show's Supervising Director, Dave Filoni about the casting choice:

We had an extensive search to find a new voice for Palpatine. It wasn't just a matter of finding an actor who could to recreate lines from the films. We needed someone to deliver a performance that could stand alongside what Ian McDiarmid and Ian Abercrombie created as this legendary Star Wars character. At the end of the day, there is little question that bringing in an actor of Tim's caliber was perfect for Chancellor Palpatine.

Filoni continued, "I think fans will find that he delivers the eloquence needed for the Chancellor. His growling, evil, Sidious voice is a delight, because Tim can definitely tap into the dark side when needed. We are fortunate to have him."
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Yeah, I forgot Ian Abercrombie is no longer with us. :(
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Since they obviously didn't care about hiring someone who actually sounds like Palpatine, they should've gotten Christopher Walken.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Lucasfilm Cancels The Clone Wars

Post by Sotiris »

As we enter into an exciting new era focused on the next Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm has decided to pursue a new direction in animated programming. We are exploring a whole new Star Wars series set in a time period previously untouched in Star Wars films or television programming. You can expect more details in the months to come.

As part of this shift, we have also made some key decisions affecting Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Detours.

After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series. While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen. Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content. In the video below, Supervising Director Dave Filoni offers a peek of what is to come in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

At Star Wars Celebration VI last year, George Lucas gave fans a glimpse at the animated comedy series Star Wars Detours from Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, and Todd Grimes. Detours was conceived and produced before we decided to move forward with the new Star Wars trilogy, and in the wake of that decision, Lucasfilm has reconsidered whether launching an animated comedy prior to the launch of Episode VII makes sense. As a result, we've decided to postpone the release of Detours until a later date.

We are incredibly proud of the teams at Lucasfilm Animation for creating some of the most amazing animation ever produced for TV. Keep checking StarWars.com for new developments on these and future projects.
Source: http://starwars.com/news/a-new-directio ... ation.html
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I think this is good. It's an amazing show and I love it, but I had a feeling from the season finale 2 weeks ago that it was near the end of the show.

They also canceled Seth Green's comedy show about Star Wars.

I'm interested what Star Wars' next animated venture will be

toplaycool22
Suspended

Post by toplaycool22 »

I think it is for the best. Disney did well by purchasing Marvel, Lucasfilms will receive the same benefits for sure. I have no qualms about this at all.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Can someone clue me in on the upcoming Clone Wars story arcs that was mentioned? I mean, we now know the show is done (from what I remebered the show was intended to have 5 seasons and more that 100 episodes), but the upcoming CW arcs and that clip; is that to be for something direct-to-DVD wise or what? Can someone help?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Can someone clue me in on the upcoming Clone Wars story arcs that was mentioned? I mean, we now know the show is done (from what I remebered the show was intended to have 5 seasons and more that 100 episodes), but the upcoming CW arcs and that clip; is that to be for something direct-to-DVD wise or what? Can someone help?
The ones that air on the CW are probably reruns. The show is exclusvily on Cartoon Network, at least new episodes are. You might be able to watch them on this website. I used it when my Dish got turned off temporarily. The Season 5 Finale was 2 weeks ago and due to the season finale results which I won't spoil, I think it's time to wind the series down for now.

http://dubbed-scene.com/cartoon/star-wars-clone-wars