DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:35 pm 

I haven't seen this movie in years! Wow, I was obsessed with it when I was little :lol: I had the dolls, the sequel(s? Now I can't remember if there was more than one...). Wow. I'm gonna' have to go back and rewatch it now, thanks for bringing up an awesome movie, Flanger!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:30 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

CiciRose wrote:
I'm gonna' have to go back and rewatch it now, thanks for bringing up an awesome movie, Flanger!

Your welcome, hope you find you like it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:02 am 

This movie is Ok for what it is. Even tough I think it is pretty interesting to realize that princess Odette is the only animated heroine to ever wear a black dress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:49 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I loved the original i remember when it came out in theaters I was in heaven saw it like 3 times. And my parents had bought it when it came out on vhs was one of my favorite movies to watch can't tell you how many times I viewed it. My mom had also gotten the sequels the 2nd one was ok but the third one was completely horrid. And the song was Far Longer Than Forever amazing simply superb one of the best parts of the film and Queen Uberta ok kiddies jeopardy moment what amazing yet underrated actress was the voice in the first film Anybody?Anybody?Anybody

The lovely Ms. Sandy Duncan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:22 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Did you guys know that the voice actress for Odette, Michelle Nicastro died in November? I believe it was breast cancer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:32 pm 
Limited Edition

Very sad and sudden. Ms Nicastro was a lovely talent.

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:13 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bV-PXFVuEKE" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Oh, the humanity! Judging by the graphics, this was made in 1995 and it's only being released now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:32 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Mooky wrote:
Oh, the humanity! Judging by the graphics, this was made in 1995 and it's only being released now.

1. I think the voice acting in that trailer is much worse than the animation and rendering. :P

2. I see the CG models are faithful to the character designs of the original 1994 film.

3. Oh God! There's the Crest Animation logo at the bottom of the screen at the end. Richard Rich approved this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:57 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Jules wrote:
Mooky wrote:

1. I think the voice acting in that trailer is much worse than the animation and rendering. :P

2. I see the CG models are faithful to the character designs of the original 1994 film.

3. Oh God! There's the Crest Animation logo at the bottom of the screen at the end. Richard Rich approved this?

1. I was so distracted by the visuals to pay much attention to the voice acting, but watching it the second time, I'd actually say they're both utterly horrid.

2. And unfortunately so. It only proves that even the poorest hand-drawn animation will always look better than the poorest CG animation.

3. Not only that, he apparently also directed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:47 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Mooky wrote:
Not only that, he apparently also directed it.

*head contacts keyboard* Can't believe the director of the well-loved Fox and the Hound and of the cult film The Black Cauldron, has sunk to such depths.

I get it that the films he directed at Disney (especially Cauldron) aren't the most highly regarded, but at the least they are technically proficient and ambitious theatrical productions. Wish he'd pull his socks up and try something serious again.

On Jerry Beck's Animated Movie Guide, there's a review for one of his late 90s films, called The Trumpet of the Swan. I haven't seen it, but according to the review it ranks with some of the worst animated films ever made.

Wish I'd see a positive review of one of his films.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:50 pm 
Platinum Edition

Mooky wrote:
Oh, the humanity!

The horror! What an abomination. They utterly ruined the film series.

Jules wrote:
I see the CG models are faithful to the character designs of the original 1994 film.

Define "faithful".:P

Mooky wrote:
It only proves that even the poorest hand-drawn animation will always look better than the poorest CG animation.

That's true.

Videos of The Swan Princess trilogy.

Behind-the-Scenes Trailer #1 (Alternative)
Behind-the-Scenes Trailer #2 (Alternative)
Teaser Trailer
Theatrical Trailer (Alternative)
VHS Trailer #1
VHS Trailer #2
TV Spot #1
TV Spot #2 (Alternative)
Pillsbury Commercial (Alternative)
KinderVision Commercial
Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
Stay Tuned
Eternity Music Video (Japanese)
Eternity Music Video (English) (Alternative)
Eternity Music Video (English Video with Japanese Audio)
Escape from Castle Mountain Teaser
Escape from Castle Mountain Trailer
Escape from Castle Mountain International Trailer (Alternative)
Mystery of the Enchanted Kingdom Teaser (Alternative)
Mystery of the Enchanted Kingdom Trailer
Mystery of the Enchanted Kingdom International Trailer (Alternative)
The Swan Princess I & III DVD Trailer (Alternative)
The Swan Princess Trilogy DVD Trailer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:01 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

WTF was that?

Who thought "Gee, it's been 14 years since the last DTV sequel, we should probably get around to doing another."???

But since it is a Christmas princess DTV, will it have Tim Curry?

And why is so much of the plot recycled from the first movie?

Why does it look more like a video game than a real movie?

But I'm sure I'm thinking too much into this. I'm not part of the brain-dead under 6 crowd whom this title is made for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:56 pm 
Limited Edition

Mooky wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bV-PXFVuEKE" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This is where the facepalming begins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:28 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Jules wrote:
*head contacts keyboard* Can't believe the director of the well-loved Fox and the Hound and of the cult film The Black Cauldron, has sunk to such depths.

I get it that the films he directed at Disney (especially Cauldron) aren't the most highly regarded, but at the least they are technically proficient and ambitious theatrical productions. Wish he'd pull his socks up and try something serious again.

I think those days are long gone. Now he appears to be engaged mostly in DTV animation (films about historical and spiritual figures), with an occasional mainstream outing here and there, either as a director or a producer.

Jules wrote:
On Jerry Beck's Animated Movie Guide, there's a review for one of his late 90s films, called The Trumpet of the Swan. I haven't seen it, but according to the review it ranks with some of the worst animated films ever made.

It's true. I can generally overlook any movie's bad qualities if the story's engaging, but The Trumpet of the Swan is just atrocious. It's probably the worst animated film I have ever seen, and that's including the likes of A Troll in Central Park and Rock-a-Doodle.

Sotiris wrote:
The horror! What an abomination. They utterly ruined the film series.

I have a special affection for all three films, and while I enjoy them immensely (well, at least the original one), I don't think they were ever that great to begin with (though compared to some of animated films nowadays, The Swan Princess is a masterpiece). The first film is charming, story and characters are good, animation is strikingly gorgeous at times, and songs and score are nice. Even though the sequels recycled much of the same plot (and animation) of the original, they were tolerable and I always admired the studio's decency to stop producing additional movies at the time Disney went sequel-crazy. And now this happens. If only it was hand-drawn, at least it would be easier on the eyes.

The saddest part is that the completist in me wants to (and eventually will) add this to my collection :headshake:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:29 pm 
Platinum Edition

I guess we can be even more grateful that Disney didn't go the CG route with their sequels!

Jules wrote:

I kind of had that thought...I mean, they could be more off-model...But it still looks off... :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:41 pm 
Platinum Edition

Mooky wrote:
The saddest part is that the completist in me wants to (and eventually will) add this to my collection :headshake:.

No, Mooky! Don't do it! I understand the impulse but you must resist.

Just LOOK at her. She'll haunt your dreams. She'll steal your soul.

mwahahaha, come to me, Mooky...

Last edited by Sotiris on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:01 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

^^ :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:06 am 
Platinum Edition

the trend in his career seems to have been children's bible stories and biographical shorts, and of course DTVs and was the King and I very good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:49 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

blackcauldron85 wrote:
I guess we can be even more grateful that Disney didn't go the CG route with their sequels!

Other than Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas! :)

Sotiris wrote:
No, Mooky! Don't do it! I understand the impulse but you have to resist.

Just LOOK at her. She'll haunt your dreams. She'll steal your soul.

mwahahaha, come to me, Mooky...

OMG, I am beyond help, it has already started happening... The last few days I have been experiencing strange dizziness, slight nausea and memory blanks, and this morning I woke up to find the movie placed in my Amazon shopping basket! And I can't remember ever putting it there! All I have is a vague recollection of a weird cloud of an ugly, straw-like hair hovering over me. I think I need an exorcism!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:20 pm 
Platinum Edition

Mooky wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:

Other than Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas! :)

Wow, just kidding...totally forgot about that one! That's not a bad movie, though. And I mean, one *would* think that Disney's quality, had they gone on to do more CGI sequels, would be better than this movie, but I mean...one would think. :p

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next