DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: The Swan Princess
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:13 am 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

My dear forum friend, I think you missed my point. Some people feel not all children or anyone around the world should be celebrating Christmas unless they are Christian. And Richard Rich wants his Swan Princess characters to be Christian.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:53 pm 
Gold Classic Collection

For one, many families around the world DO celebrate Christmas but only as a reason to gather with family and celebrate. For example, in Morocco, Christmas is a big thing for kids even though most people there are not christians.
Second, even if you were right, you forget that making movies is a business and Sony want to make as much money as possible on a worldwide scale and that's why they asked Rich to make a new entry for The Swan Princess to begin with. So from a business point of view, the film doesn't make sense. The religion of the characters was never brought up in the first three films and that's why having a religious message in the fourth bothers me. It doesn't follow the storytelling formula of the trilogy.

I'm pretty sure that the characters from Beauty And The Beast are christians as well but it's handled with subtlety in The Enchanted Christmas.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:01 am 

I know that many people around the world celebrate Christmas without being Christian. Some people feel that is wrong. I don't, but I'm saying Richard Rich feels that way. You are right about it not being a good way to make a Christmas movie in the Swan Princess franchise, but Christmas is sacred to Richard Rich and he made it the way he felt was morally right.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:07 am 

An 11th film is in the works!

Quote:
We've heard a lot of rumors going around about the next Swan Princess film to be released. We are finally able to tell the fans that the eleventh Swan Princess film is now beginning production. There is not yet a title, not even a preliminary title. If you've heard of any existing titles for this film, they are fictional since our only working title is Swan Princess 11 (which obviously won't be the actual title).
Source: https://www.swanprincessseries.com/blog ... tured-news

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:54 pm 
Gold Classic Collection

I can't believe people still buy them... I gave up after number 5. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9