The Night Gardener (Laika)

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Night Gardener (Laika)

Post by Sotiris »

LAIKA, the studio known for the Academy Award®-nominated films Coraline, ParaNorman, The Boxtrolls, Kubo and the Two Strings and Missing Link, today announced an ambitious new project in conjunction with Bill Dubuque, creator of Netflix’s hit series Ozark. LAIKA’s CEO & President Travis Knight, who directed Kubo and the Two Strings and Paramount’s Bumblebee, will direct from Dubuque’s original screenplay.

Adding to the studio’s diverse catalog, The Night Gardener is a gritty neo-noir folktale centered on a young man in rural Missouri fighting to keep his family together in the wake of a tragedy. The film will paint an unflinching portrait of sacrifice, self-reliance and revenge.
Source: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... r%E2%80%9D

Concept art.

Source: https://ew.com/movies/ozark-creator-lai ... ner-photo/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Re: The Night Gardener (Laika)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yay! The concept art for some reason makes me think of that moment in Sleeping Beauty when the fairies' visions of their gifts would end and the magic would collapse to the floor.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Re: The Night Gardener (Laika)

Post by blackcauldron85 »

It sounds pretty mature. I've enjoyed LAIKA's films (I still need to see Coraline and ParaNorman) so I'm looking forward to this.

I know that LAIKA's films don't make as much money as some other studios, but I'm glad they're still making them.