The Lunar Chronicles

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Lunar Chronicles

Post by Sotiris »

Locksmith Animation (Ron’s Gone Wrong) has optioned Marissa Meyer’s New York Times bestselling novel series The Lunar Chronicles for film, the London-based CG animation producer announced today.

The series published by Feiwel & Friends is comprised of titles including Cinder (2012), Scarlet (2013), Cress (2014) and Winter (2015), which reimagine the stories of classic fairy tale heroines.

The books are set in a futuristic world, beset by a pandemic, where Earth and its former colony Luna exist in a perpetual state of unrest and tension. In the first book, Cinder, a teenage cyborg of the same name (modeled after Cinderella) deals with her wicked step-mother, finds love and discovers secrets about herself. As the series continues, she forges an alliance with spaceship pilot, Scarlet; imprisoned computer hacker, Cress; and the Lunar princess, Winter. Along with a diverse crew that includes a soldier, a criminal and a royal guard, they must work together to rise up against the evil Queen Levana to save the country and possibly even the world.
Source: https://deadline.com/2022/01/the-lunar- ... 234919590/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Lunar Chronicles

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I remember this book series. I've never read it, but I remember reading story descriptions for the first two books. I think someone here might've clued me in to its existence or else I stumbled onto it while searching Amazon for something else. Who knows. Ron's Gone Wrong was decent at least, so I'm glad they would be the ones making it.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"