Steps

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Steps

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Amy Poehler will make Animated Muiscal for Netflix about Cinderella's stepsisters.

The Music Duo Garfunkle & Oates will make the songs and frist time movie Director Alyce Tzue will helm the picture .

Tzue said ”Our stepsisters are a pair of young Asian immigrants to a fairytale world, and their journey navigating the pressures of their kingdom to ultimately arrive at their true dream is a story that resonates deep inside my heart. Especially in light of the terrible acts of erasure against the Asian community, I am grateful to be working with this incredible team on a project where I feel so seen. We can’t wait to bring STEPS to the world!"

Poehler also said ”We are so excited to be working with Netflix and the great Riki, Kate and Alyce on this joyful and much-needed story.”

Here is the plot synopsis a spin on the classic Cinderella story," and follows two stepsisters who "are overlooked for marriage by the Prince and embark on an epic journey, realizing that their own perfect fairytales might be different from what they originally thought."

Poehler is producing and the screenplay will be written by Riki Lindhome (co-creator of Another Period), with a story and songs from Lindhome and Kate Micucci.

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.republi ... tflix.html
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Steps

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Garfunkel and Oates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like them a lot. Obviously this will be a comedy; I'm curious now!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wonder if this film triggered the one Disney's making about the stepsister (or vice versa)? Both have a famous SNL actress involved, too (Poehler v. Wiig).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah that's weird they both are so similar in concept and both have SNL alumni.