DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:48 pm 
Platinum Edition

Maybe if this is successful, it will inspire Disney to give W.I.T.C.H. the live-action treatment too.

Quote:
The next chapter of the Italian animated franchise Winx Club is coming to Netflix as a live-action young adult series. Netflix is adapting the franchise as a series in which, for the first time, the popular six fairies will turn into real teenagers learning to hone their powers while living together in a magic boarding school.

Erik Barmack, VP of International Originals at Netflix, says: “Winx is a global phenomenon and through this exciting series we are thrilled to reinforce our relationship with Rainbow and to develop the next chapter of Winx. The famous fairies will grow up with their audience and will explore complex themes as real-life teenage super heroines in a live action show”.

“We are very pleased that our successful collaboration with Netflix continues with ever more ambitious projects,” said Iginio Straffi – Winx Club’s author, Founder and CEO of Rainbow Group. “Netflix’s young adult series have touched a chord with audiences around the world and we are looking forward to seeing the Winx fairies in this new exciting live action adaptation.”
Source: http://deadline.com/2018/03/winx-club-n ... 202337726/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:16 am 
Platinum Edition

I like the whole fairies learning magic at a school thing but I've never watched enough Winx to know if I really like it that much or if it's even any good. Maybe I'll catch this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:35 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
Netflix is currently in pre-production on a live-action ‘Winx Club’ series that will be titled ‘Fate: The Winx Club Saga’ with Brian Young (‘The Vampire Chronicles’) set to act as showrunner for the series and Judy Counihan set to executive produce behind her production company, Archery Pictures. Production is eyed to begin in September in Ireland, the series will be also given a large budget.
Source: https://discussingfilm.net/2019/07/31/l ... exclusive/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:05 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Never cared for Winx but like Sotiris said, I hope this could pave the way for a W.I.T.C.H. live-action show.