DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cartoon Network Today
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:57 pm 
Limited Edition

While watching cartoons like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, The Amazing World of Gumball and Clarence; I think that the channel is in MUCH better shape than it was in 2007-10.... Oh lord, it was awful.... CN Real??? Are you serious?! :x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:37 pm 
Platinum Edition

I love The Amazing World of Gumball. I like how it utilizes all different forms of animation in one show, plus it's creative and hilarious to me. It's only a real shame the original voices for Gumball and Darwin had to grow up--which I knew would happen eventually--the new, altered voices don't work for me, but I'm getting used to it.

I don't really watch anything else on CN except for Toonami on Saturday nights (sometimes). Actually, I think the only other original, non-anime show I ever watched from CN was Courage the Cowardly Dog, and occasionally Teen Titan. I know Adventure Time is really popular though. I hope it'll play Sailor Moon at some point in the next couple of years.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:59 pm 
Limited Edition

Toonami might get Sailor Moon at some point, either the original or Crystal. The franchise is among their most requested series to be shown on the block, and since they have Samurai Jack on now and Dragon Ball Kai coming in November, I don't see why they'd sleep on the opportunity to bring it back in the near future.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:32 pm 
Limited Edition

Adventure Time is one of the best things on Cartoon Network right now. I love the show's broad appeal, and their willingness to develop their characters, as opposed to keeping them in the status quo. Regular Show is also a decent series with a lot of fun characters.

Cartoon Network is doing better than it was in say, 2008. Shamefully, they had already lost of lot of their seasoned talent in the period they tried MAKING people accept their live action programming. They had a program similar to the What a Cartoon Show, which was what Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa were originally created for, that was cancelled before it ever began.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:59 pm 
Platinum Edition

Though I could live without Teen Titans Go. I want Young Justice Back.

I did read they are planning a Teen Titans go Crossover with Young Justice. Odd choice.

As for Adventure Time I've never seen it, but it's a show I'm probably going to have to look into seeing. I hear a lot of hype about it

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:14 pm 
Limited Edition

My reaction to the fact that not only for our new president and GM of Cartoon Network replacing the awful Stuart Snyder (it is Christina Miller, the first female to run the network since Betty Cohen), but for the fact that there more original cartoons coming in 2014-15.

BTW: The network has picked up the new Transformers series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZCPXWQt61U

In case you are wondering what that clip is from, it's from an animated film from Paramount in 1939 called: Gulliver's Travels which is the second animated feature film after Snow White, it was box office hit unlike The Wizard of Oz which came out the same year. A woefully underrated animated film in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:41 pm 
Limited Edition

Bump.

There's another original Cartoon Network show coming on Monday, July 27 called: We Bare Bears. Created by Toy Story of Terror story writer Daniel Chong.

Here's an interview to Chong from Variety about the show: https://variety.com/2015/tv/markets-festivals/annecy-daniel-chong-we-bare-bears-1201520988/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:23 pm 
Special Edition

Cartoon Network used to be one of my all-time favorite channels, but in retrospective I don't feel like it was ever really perfect in terms of programming, even in what everyone considers to be the channel's Golden Age of the 90's. It was certainly a better channel back then than it is today, but at the same time cartoonists Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken unfortunately began a trend on the channel of cheaply stylized/animated cartoons for children's television with Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls, and such cartoons continue to make up what remains of 2D animation on TV even today. It's the reason why Mickey Mouse has to look like trash now in those new shorts, since they're being made by someone who was involved with those kind of cartoons.

However, there were still other cartoons like Courage the Cowardly Dog and Ed, Edd n Eddy with really good animation quality that still holds up for me when Genndy and Craig's shows don't, and a lot more good old classic animation like Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry being seen regularly.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:19 pm 
Platinum Edition

Anyone watching Steven Universe? I haven't seen all the episodes (with CN shows, I usually happen to see them when I see them :lol: ), but what I've seen I've enjoyed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:54 pm 
Limited Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Anyone watching Steven Universe? I haven't seen all the episodes (with CN shows, I usually happen to see them when I see them :lol: ), but what I've seen I've enjoyed.

I am. I consider this show one of the BEST of Cartoon Network's animated programming, even topping the old Cartoon Cartoons (sorry Courage). I love the art direction, animation, writing and most importantly it's characters; Steven Quartz Universe could've been a bit obnoxious and one note but creator Rebecca Sugar made him a realistic kid with emotions and everything. I'll say this, the story seems lighthearted at first but as the first season goes on, it gets crazier and a bit more darker. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, please do yourself a favor and watch the show in order.

In some other news: The Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10 are getting revivals on the channel soon. The former is the one that I'm curious to see how it will turn out because Nick Jennings (the art director of Adventure Time) is the executive producer of this reboot. There have been some new cartoon pilots that were released online and my personal favorite of the 2015 pilots is Twelve Forever which was created by Julia Vickerman and it might get green-lit for a series in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:41 pm 
Limited Edition

Steven Universe is fantastic! This week's episodes have been on a roll so far.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:33 pm 
Limited Edition

Avaitor wrote:
Steven Universe is fantastic! This week's episodes have been on a roll so far.

And we're getting another one in July so that's fantastic! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:38 pm 
Special Edition

The only times I watch Cartoon Network, are usually repeats of the FOX cartoons, like Bob's Burgers and Futurama.

In terms of current shows, it's just the "Mike Tyson Mysteries", which is kind of fun to watch, even if it is a clone of Scooby Doo and all those subsequent knockoffs that came after (like Inch High, Private High and Speed Buggy).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:30 pm 
Platinum Edition

Anyone catch the new episode of Steven Universe tonight? They finally showed White Diamond...