Cats (2019)

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Cats (2019)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I guess this was worth seeing once. I didn't really know much about Cats the musical other than "Memory" originates from it. I have heard "Mistoffelees" before, since I have some ALW compilation from years ago. I think my mother probably bought it for me for Christmas around the time the Phantom of the Opera film came out. I thought it was okay... I imagine this isn't something that would be easy to bring to film anyway. The graphics were definitely disconcerting... Still, it was worth seeing once, I suppose. McKellan, Fairchild, Elba, Corden, and Davidson were my favorite parts about this. I looked up Laurie Davidson just now because I've never seen him in anything else and it looks like that's because he hasn't been in much. He's in The Good Liar with Mirren and McKellan though. I've wanted to see that film so much for so long and still haven't got the chance. At least there's one more thing to look forward to when I finally do now.

The funny thing is now I own this movie. The person who I saw it with just gave it to me after we watched it... I guess this is why they say buyer beware. They probably expected something better than what they got with this. I was like, if you were going to buy two movies, why in the world Mulan and Cats of all things, two of the most mocked films lately? I believe they bought Emma, too, which at least that one wasn't bad. On the bright side, I can watch Rebel Wilson's "RUM TUM TUG!!!ger (beat) is a curious cat!" over and over again forever now. :lol: :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

At least you didn't hate it!!! :p

Do you have the Blu? There aren't too many bonus features but there are a few, so at least you can watch those if you have the Blu (I don't know what the DVD has).

I still adore this movie...
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

No, I didn't hate it at all. I watched a few of the bonus features, like Robbie Fairchild talking about growing up with a passion for dancing in Utah and how hard that was. I'm glad he was able to make a living doing this. I was watching a video of him on YouTube last night dancing with Travis Wall, because I remembered the latter from So You Think You Can Dance's early years (I only watched the early seasons; Travis Wall and that Benji guy were the contestants I had liked best). I looked him up because I didn't know him before this either, just like Davidson.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I think Andrew is milking this.

Andrew Lloyd Webber told an airline he needed a therapy dog because Cats was so bad
https://ew.com/movies/andrew-lloyd-webb ... -dog-cats/

Andrew Lloyd Webber Says Writing a Song With Taylor Swift Was the Only Enjoyable Part of ‘Cats’ Movie
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/andr ... 235087324/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage