Fate: The Winx Saga

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Fate: The Winx Saga

Post by Sotiris »

Maybe if this is successful, it will inspire Disney to give W.I.T.C.H. the live-action treatment too.
Netflix is bringing the popular Italian animated franchise Winx Club to its members around the world in a new, live action young adult series. For the first time the popular six fairies will turn into real teenagers learning to hone their powers while living together in a magic boarding school.

Winx Club was created and produced in Italy in 2004 by Iginio Straffi, founder and CEO of Rainbow Group. After its launch, It has become one of the most successful animated series globally and one of the first Italian series to be sold in the US. In 2016, Netflix globally and exclusively released two seasons of World of Winx, a spinoff from the successful Winx Club, which has been popular with audiences around the world.

Erik Barmack, VP of International Originals at Netflix, says: “Winx is a global phenomenon and through this exciting series we are thrilled to reinforce our relationship with Rainbow and to develop the next chapter of Winx. The famous fairies will grow up with their audience and will explore complex themes as real-life teenage super heroines in a live action show”.

Iginio Straffi, Winx Club’s author, founder and CEO of Rainbow Group, says: “We are very pleased that our successful collaboration with Netflix continues with ever more ambitious projects. Netflix's young adult series have touched a chord with audiences around the world and we are looking forward to seeing the Winx fairies in this new exciting live action adaptation.”
Source: https://media.netflix.com/en/press-rele ... ult-series
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Re: Winx Club (Live-Action TV Series)

Post by Disney Duster »

I like the whole fairies learning magic at a school thing but I've never watched enough Winx to know if I really like it that much or if it's even any good. Maybe I'll catch this.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Netflix is currently in pre-production on a live-action ‘Winx Club’ series that will be titled ‘Fate: The Winx Club Saga’ with Brian Young (‘The Vampire Chronicles’) set to act as showrunner for the series and Judy Counihan set to executive produce behind her production company, Archery Pictures. Production is eyed to begin in September in Ireland, the series will be also given a large budget.
Source: https://discussingfilm.net/2019/07/31/l ... exclusive/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Never cared for Winx but like Sotiris said, I hope this could pave the way for a W.I.T.C.H. live-action show.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina‘s Abigail Cowen is set to lead the ensemble cast of Netflix’s live-action young adult series Fate: The Winx Saga, inspired by the Italian animated franchise, from original series producer Rainbow Group and Archery Pictures. Principal photography on the six-episode series has begun in Ireland.

Fate: The Winx Saga follows the coming-of-age journey of five unlikely friends attending Alfea, a magical boarding school in the Otherworld where they must learn to master their magical powers while navigating love, rivalries and the monsters that threaten their very existence.

Cowen stars as Bloom. Brian Young (The Vampire Diaries, Kyle XY) serves as showrunner and executive produces with Judy Counihan and Kris Thykier of Archery Pictures (Riviera, The State). Straffi also executive produces.
Source: https://deadline.com/2019/09/fate-the-w ... 202736626/
Sotiris

Re: Fate: The Winx Saga

Post by Sotiris »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Actors Brandon Grace, Éanna Hardwicke and Paulina Chávez are joining the cast of Fate: The Winx Saga in Season 2, which is now in production in County Wicklow, Ireland. Grace will play Grey, with Hardwick portraying Sebastian; Chavéz has been cast as Flora.

The teen drama’s returning cast members include Abigail Cowen as Bloom, Hannah van der Westhuysen as Stella, Precious Mustapha as Aisha, Eliot Salt as Terra, Elisha Applebaum as Musa, Sadie Soverall as Beatrix, Freddie Thorp as Riven, Danny Griffin as Sky, Theo Graham as Dane, Jacob Dudman as Sam, Ken Duken as Andreas and Rob James Collier as Silva.

Brian Young (The Vampire Diaries) returns in Season 2 as showrunner and executive producer. Additional exec producers include Judy Counihan and Kris Thykier of Archery Pictures (Riviera, The State), as well as Joanne Lee and Cristiana Buzzelli from Rainbow.

Fate: The Winx Saga debuted on Netflix in January and was renewed for a second, eight-episode season the following month.
Source: https://deadline.com/2021/07/fate-the-w ... 234796314/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Season 2 trailer and clip.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Fate: The Winx Saga’ Canceled After Two Seasons at Netflix
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/fate-t ... 235419688/

‘Winx Club’ Creator Shops $100 Million Film After Netflix Canceled ‘Fate: The Winx Saga’
https://variety.com/2022/film/global/wi ... 235427764/