The Voice Season 8 Official discussion................

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

The Voice Season 8 Official discussion................

Post by dvdjunkie »

February 23 is the date set for the return of "The Voice" on NBC. Carson Daly returns as the host, along with Adam Levine, Pharrell Williams, Blake Shelton and, for the last time I hope, 'Miss Boobs-a-Lot' Christina Aguilera, return as Coaches.

Season 7 was a great season for the show and the coaches were very competitive right up to the Finale. Gwen Stefani proved to be a really good coach with her personality, commentary, and all around 'being one of the guys' on the panel. This is something that Miss Aguilera has proven in past appearances that she can't do.

Pharrell proved to be a an awesome coach and all of his team commented on how much they learned from him.

The Blind Auditions start at 8 pm EST/7 pm Central and it should be a good season for The Voice, after the dismal ratings of DWTS on ABC last season. Hope the good talent keeps coming.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Re: The Voice Season 8 Official discussion................

Post by dvdjunkie »

Well, the first two nights of Blind Auditions proved to be very exciting. There is a real wealth of talent this year, so far.

Surprised how subdued and quiet Christina is so far. She isn't trying to be the center of attention as in the past. She actually is pretty good and trying to be one of "guys" this year. She bounces off Pharrell really well, and has had some very complimentary things to say about his successes.

We have two more weeks of Blind Auditions, then comes the Battle Rounds, which are really a lot of fun. Then comes the Knockout Round which is always heartbreaking for some of the singers.

Season 8 is looking to be very entertaining and I will be watching each and every week, and will also be watching American Idol as well.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Tonight (Tuesday, March 3) will mark the end of the Blind Auditions. Pharrell looks to have one of the strongest teams so far. Next week we begin the Battle Rounds, and that will be followed by the Knockout Rounds, and then the Live Shows where we all get to vote for our favorites.

Any one else watching this season??
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

This week begins the Knockout Rounds as the singers vie for those coveted four spots on each coaches team. Blake and Pharrell seem to have the best teams and I don't envy them when it comes time to pick and choose and eliminate a team member. Christina has a varied team with a couple of strong singers, and I think Adam's team is going to be the dark horse of the competition.

Can't wait to see who remains on who's team and who steals who during these rounds of competition. Can't wait for the Live shows to begin.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I've read the ratings have been up; could it be because of Christina...? I admit she's the only reason I've watched as much as I have.

The only contestants I've seen that I care for are India and Sawyer. Hopefully one of them will win, despite not being on teams named Adam or Blake.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

The Battle Rounds are over and last night was the last night of the Knockout rounds and that means that the "live" shows will start next Monday, April 6th.

All of the coaches look to have pretty good teams, and even though Christina has made it clear that she wants to win, she has done the same thing that has caused her not to, by choosing wrong during the Battle and Knockout rounds. She has a good team, but of the four, hers looks to be the weakest.

I really think that Pharrell Williams has the strongest team followed very closely by Blake and Adam. I really like how Pharrell coaches his team members. He is a producer, artist, and musician, and knows how to bring out the best in each of his team members.

Let's get ready for some great entertainment and some really good singers to take the stage next week on Season Eight of The Voice.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Since it looks like I am the only one around here on this forum that is watching, I will just tell you that for the first time the American viewers and Coaches got it right when the first "Live" shows were finished this week. America voted and the lowest three votes were in the judges hands to pick one more to get through to the Top 12 next week. In my opinion they got it right.

My favorite singer at this juncture is Sawyer Hendrix and I really think that Pharrell Williams has the strongest team after this week's voting.

Coach Blake Shelton has the second strongest team and then comes Coach Adam Levine followed by Ms. Aguilera. I truly think she picks to lose, and after last night's results show she just proved it again.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

No one else on this forum is watching the best show on television this season. The Voice Season Eight has brought some truly great talent to the Universal stage and the all-star lineup of coaches have done their best to make their team the best.

Tomorrow night (May 11) we get down to the Final Five as they perform for America's vote in the Semi-Finals. Coach Pharrell Williams looks to have the top team this season, but it is anybody's game. Pharrell has two of his team members still in the running while Coaches Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton each have one.

As far as the talent goes Sawyer Fredericks is the most popular, so far, but he will be pushed by the other singers this week.

Tuesday night's Results show will give us the Final Four, who will perform Monday, May 18, and the winner will be crowned on Tuesday, May 19.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I am sure that I am not the only one watching The Voice, but when no one comments, and spends more time on other threads, it makes me wonder just how many care what is on television nowadays.

The Final Four performed last night for our votes and tonight the three-hour spectacular Finale is going to crown the Season Eight winner and for once they have the Final Four right.

At 8 pm Eastern/7 central, the "Road to the Final Four" will highlight how the singers got where they are today. Then at 9 pm Eastern/8 central, it is the Finale of Season Eight with a guest star list that reads like a Who's Who in music today. Meaghen Trainor, Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran, Kelly Clarkson, and John Fogerty are just a few and then the winner will be announced.

I have been voting for Sawyer Fredericks all season long, and he is my favorite, but there are a couple of others lurking in the shadows that could win it all. Koryn Hawthorne, a 17-year old with a powerful soulful voice and Joshua Davis could upset the Sawyer apple cart.

As usual Christina Aguilera had all the wrong songs picked for her artists and the lone coach without someone in the finals. Pharrell Williams has Sawyer and Koryn on his team as two of the finalists as Adam and Blake each have the others.

Be sure to watch it all tonight on NBC, and know that next week it is the 10th Anniversary of "America's Got Talent"!!!
Disney's Divinity

dvdjunkie wrote:As usual Christina Aguilera had all the wrong songs picked for her artists and the lone coach without someone in the finals.
I don't believe that's true. So far, none of the other female coaches to have been on this show were in their seasons' finales either. Female coaches are just at a disadvantage in the voting. It's worth pointing out that, unlike Shakira or Gwen Stefani, Christina has at least got to the end before.

India and Kimberly are the only two this year who were on the same level as Sawyer vocally. The finale was dull as dishwater because he was the only one worth watching; the rest barely deserved to be there, especially Koryn, who I find absolutely awful.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Note to Disney's Divinity:

Once again you have proven you don't know squat about good singers or bad singers.

While this season's Finale show was very slow-moving, and lackluster in some of the talent, all four of the finalists deserved to be there, including Koryn Hawthorne! My least favorite vocalist was, and still is, Joshua Davis. In my own opinion, I thought he ruined "Halleluah", but that is just me. Koryn's version of James Brown's infamous "It's A Man's, Man's, World" was a superior rendition of the song which has become a staple in season's past.

Sawyer Frederick's duet with John Fogerty was the stand-out of the Finale show. Even forgetting the lyrics on "Born on the Bayou" were covered by John Fogerty's professionalism. Sawyer is going to be one of the great talents to come out of The Voice show. With Pharrell at his side he will record a great album and become a superstar in his own right. He definitely will not go back to "slopping the pigs" on his parent's farm for a while.

Thank you for being one of the only people who responds to my posts regarding these talent shows. Though I whole heartedly disagree with some of your comments, I am just thankful that someone else besides me watches the shows.
Disney's Divinity

Fall celebrites will be Pharrell and Gwen Stefani again.

I guess Usher has no plans to return to this show now that he's won. We already know Shakira and Cee Lo Green won't be returning. It's too bad, I'd have liked a season with either Christina/Usher or Christina/Shakira together. They're the three coaches I've liked on this show. I enjoyed CeeLo on the show, too, but his court case kind of turned me off him.
Disney's Divinity

Just wanted to do a drive-by and say how happy I was to see Christina Aguilera win The Voice last night--finally! She should've had won already with Chris Mann, Jacquie Lee, or India Carney! And she did it with a big-voiced female contestant--and beat a boring white guy in the process~! I'm glad Christina was the first (maybe only) female coach to win this show. :D :up: Get your album out already, Christina!

By the way, Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys will be coaches next year. The first time two women will be on the show at the same time, and the first black woman to fill a seat on the show. I'm not a big fan of either of them (or Adam/Blake), but I might check out a couple shows. Hopefully they won't disappoint as much as Gwen Stefani did, and Christina is back sometime next year.

Winners Ranking:
1. Javier Colon
2. Danielle Bradbery
3. Sawyer Fredericks
4. Alisan Porter
5. Cassadee Pope (side-eye)
6. Josh Kaufman (zzZZZzz)
7. Jermaine Paul
8. Tessanne Chin (ugh)
9. Jordan Smith (UGH)
10. Craig Wayne Boyd (yuck)

Should've been:

S1 - Javier Colon (2nd: Frenchie Davis, 3rd: Xenia, 4th: Casey Weston)
S2 - Chris Mann (2nd: Jesse Campbell, 3rd: Jamar Rogers, 4th: Jordis Unga)
S3 - Cassadee Pope (I guess, didn't like anyone this season)
S4 - Danielle Bradbery (2nd: Sasha Allen, 3rd: Judith Hill)
S5 - Caroline Pennell (2nd: Jacquie Lee)
S6 - Josh Kaufman (2nd: Sisaundra Lewis)
S7 - Damien
S8 - India Carney (2nd: Sawyer Frederick, 3rd: Kimberly Nichole)
S9 - Don't know; didn't watch, didn't like anyone in the finale.
S10 - Alisan Porter (2nd: Adam Wakefield, 3rd: Bryan Bautista)